DCE 2 more years and coaching gig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hold on Robbo ... is that an additional 2 years .. hasn't he still got 2 years left .. if so he will be on a zimmer frame in his last year ..

Happy to see him get a shot at coaching ... but he is coming towards his best before date .. not sure we should be extending him at this stage ... prefer if we were looking at who will be with us for the next 10 years

I hope our captain becomes a bit more of a team player with his price this time round. Life after footy, lifestyle on the Peninsula, competitive squad, there a few other perks to consider
Yeah think the coaching gig is part of that. He's way too smart too settle for less than what he's worth though.

I don’t think there is any doubt about DCE’s loyalty. Manly just ‘stuffed up’ the negotiations several years ago when they indicated a preference for Foran to stay in preference to DCE and we all know how that worked out.

On his day he can be absolutely dynamic but he needs the forwards to dominate in order to do that. If they don’t, he can sometimes look pretty ordinary, but then again, so do most halves in that situation.

Given his professionalism and attitude to training and rehab, he could well play until he’s 36.

He may well retire from Origin after 2022 which means he will be around much more and that can only benefit the team.

The strange thing is he is such a maligned player by some fans and I guess that’s because he may appear elitist, given how well spoken he is and maybe his ‘backflip’ on the Titans didn’t help his persona to the some and he was perceived to be all about money.

Even I questioned his potential reaction to the salary downgrades last year and that was wrong to do although, he was front and centre in discussions with the NRL about it however as a leader, that’s his place. I think you may find that he has a deep respect from the players.

It’s strange actually, because he seems quite modest, but very focussed, intelligent and articulate. Maybe that just does not fit the mould of what many perceive the personality of an NRL player to be.

We are quite blessed at Manly, as we have many who are very, very intelligent players who play for us and that may have attracted Bullemor to the club for mentoring.

Never underestimate mentoring, as the NRL is such a short time span in a player’s life and while they can earn a ‘**** load’ in a short period of time, there are some (maybe many) who at the end of their careers have nothing left through gaming, poor investment advice etc.

I think DCE is a standout for other players in terms of being a mentor for other players and I think he will attract players to the club. “I just don’t want to play for Manly because I might want to win a premiership, it will improve my life”.

Now isn’t that a great thought.

Just my thoughts.

I like this , but I have a huge BUT.

He’s 32 years old now and he still has two years to run at circa 1.3 million.

If we sign him for another two years that’ll be his 35th and 36th year and whilst Cameron Smith played until he was 37 it’s a bit of a risk.

So , considering the risk if it’s HUGE money I think that would be a gigantic mistake, however if the cost is far far more reasonable it’s a maybe.

Ideally a coaching job after this contract runs out would be more preferable.

Hold on Robbo ... is that an additional 2 years .. hasn't he still got 2 years left .. if so he will be on a zimmer frame in his last year ..

Happy to see him get a shot at coaching ... but he is coming towards his best before date .. not sure we should be extending him at this stage ... prefer if we were looking at who will be with us for the next 10 years
An additional 2 years apparently. I also highly doubt it would still be on his current salary. Chez is as fit as anyone that has ever played the game, he would be 36 but the elite can keep playing at that age. Maybe he's a late bloomer haha

This is awesome news

This guy barely misses a game through injury, sets an amazing example of professionalism, and is a top 5 half back every year.

Ok, he’s no Daly M medalist…. But we already have one of those.

This guys is all the best bits about Manly, and I love that we’re locking him away.

For once we have a future head coach succession plan that we can have faith in. Cherry wins another premiership or two as a player, then within 10 years of now he’s head coach of our great club

I love it.

He is a good role model and up in the "Elite Class" of 7's in the NRL....and another Massive bonus, is we have some quality coming through in the halves by 2023 and DCE is the perfect player to help guide them with both on field abilty and maybe more importantly, his clean off field image, as 2 out of 3 gun youngsters make poor decisions and DCE can not be accused of anything but a great image for Manly and the NRL and the value he adds in this department is of Epic proportions imo...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8