• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What we need is Cust and Croker in the hooking role, Walks (or Schuster since Walks is injured) at 5/8. And while Tom is out we need Elliot at fullback and Garrick out on his wing.

I don’t want Croker on the field at all

i think dessie wanted Garrick at full back as it may have seemed like a better attacking replacement for Tom, but he seems to have forgotten the defensive side and positional play required from a fullback

super bad call that one

I don’t want Croker on the field at all

i think dessie wanted Garrick at full back as it may have seemed like a better attacking replacement for Tom, but he seems to have forgotten the defensive side and positional play required from a fullback

super bad call that one

I think it may of more protecting Funa keeping him on the wing and Elliott at center for this week until we get Suli back. Therefore pushing Garrick to fullback.
Everyone knows Elliott is a stronger fullback but this move may of been to protect Funa

But backfired

I think it may of more protecting Funa keeping him on the wing and Elliott at center for this week until we get Suli back. Therefore pushing Garrick to fullback.
Everyone knows Elliott is a stronger fullback but this move may of been to protect Funa

But backfired

funa doesnt seem to be able to tackle or catch a high ball so I’m thinking the only real place he is going to be protected is watching from the stand

But backfired
Are you the same Ben from Screaming Eagles?

Funa was disappointing overall but it was a great effort to score that try.
Tent isn't as damaging in attack as he should be, but his defence is good.
Levi is a good first-grader and it is unfair to compare him to Fainu or Api.
Our kicking game is woeful, and our defence against kicks isn't much better.

What we need is Cust and Croker in the hooking role, Walks (or Schuster since Walks is injured) at 5/8. And while Tom is out we need Elliot at fullback and Garrick out on his wing.
What we need is DCE to take control and manage the game and our direction better. It is that simple. We were rudderless yesterday and that is up to DCE. I like Levi at Hooker - he is no Api but he is good and tough and he is a bit creative. Croker is tough at 6. I like him running the ball as he does but ne needs to be more selective - he seems to run when the numbers are stacked against him. He had a bad read in defence in the first half though. I didn't watch the second half because I gathered it was going to be one of those days so I can't comment. Croker and Levi can only be any good if the game management is good and the go forward is good. We had good go forward in the first half - just poor defensive execution. Combine the poor defence with no game management and it is a recipe for disaster.

What we need is DCE to take control and manage the game and our direction better. It is that simple. We were rudderless yesterday and that is up to DCE. I like Levi at Hooker - he is no Api but he is good and tough and he is a bit creative. Croker is tough at 6. I like him running the ball as he does but ne needs to be more selective - he seems to run when the numbers are stacked against him. He had a bad read in defence in the first half though. I didn't watch the second half because I gathered it was going to be one of those days so I can't comment. Croker and Levi can only be any good if the game management is good and the go forward is good. We had good go forward in the first half - just poor defensive execution. Combine the poor defence with no game management and it is a recipe for disaster.

Levi has added nothing to the side and is a big step down from both Api and Fainu. Has it escaped your notice that around 90% of our tries this year have been when Levi has been off the field? His passing is crisp and clean, but it would be good if the passes went to the right person. Passing it to a forward on the 5th when attacking their line instead of to one of the halves for a kick or passing movement is not the right move. He's just not gelling with the halves at all, especially DCE. In fact, when Levi is on Cherry is looking average (which is not just Levi's fault. DCE needs to shoulder blame there too). But when Levi goes off and either Croker or Cust has been the dummy half, Cherry has come to life. And as for his 5 metre darts from dummy half ... it would help if he knew when to take them. When we have an overlap and the ball needs to go through the hands or even to someone for a kick in behind the line, we don't need the dummy half deciding to take a run only to be tackled.

I've been critical of Cade Cust in the past, but he showed more in 20 minutes at dummy half yesterday than Levi has shown in 7 games. In some ways I'm starting to see why Newcastle were happy enough to let him go despite that he's played in the #9 for New Zealand.

I do agree that Croker definitely can play 5/8 very well, but TBH he was shocking yesterday in both attack and defence. Let at least one try in from memory (maybe two) because of poor defence, and at one point in the second half completely bombed an opportunity to put Parker and Jorge down the sideline with only Moylan to beat ... but he never passed the ball and got smashed with it. We needed points and weren't completely out of it at that stage, but he blew the chance.

Levi has added nothing to the side and is a big step down from both Api and Fainu. Has it escaped your notice that around 90% of our tries this year have been when Levi has been off the field? His passing is crisp and clean, but it would be good if the passes went to the right person. Passing it to a forward on the 5th when attacking their line instead of to one of the halves for a kick or passing movement is not the right move. He's just not gelling with the halves at all, especially DCE. In fact, when Levi is on Cherry is looking average (which is not just Levi's fault. DCE needs to shoulder blame there too). But when Levi goes off and either Croker or Cust has been the dummy half, Cherry has come to life. And as for his 5 metre darts from dummy half ... it would help if he knew when to take them. When we have an overlap and the ball needs to go through the hands or even to someone for a kick in behind the line, we don't need the dummy half deciding to take a run only to be tackled.

I've been critical of Cade Cust in the past, but he showed more in 20 minutes at dummy half yesterday than Levi has shown in 7 games. In some ways I'm starting to see why Newcastle were happy enough to let him go despite that he's played in the #9 for New Zealand.

I do agree that Croker definitely can play 5/8 very well, but TBH he was shocking yesterday in both attack and defence. Let at least one try in from memory (maybe two) because of poor defence, and at one point in the second half completely bombed an opportunity to put Parker and Jorge down the sideline with only Moylan to beat ... but he never passed the ball and got smashed with it. We needed points and weren't completely out of it at that stage, but he blew the chance.
As I said I didn't watch the second half but in the first half he was fine - DCE just didn't game manage. That is a huge part of his job - especially with no Turbo. On the 5th - DCE or Croker should be very very clear as to who is getting the ball and if they aren't - that is on them - not Levi. Again if the ball needs to go through the hands - that is on DCE/Croker or the outside backs to provide an overriding call. That is how it has to work if the ball needs to find an overlap - there has to be an overriding call or playing to a specific pattern for that to happen. And if that doesn't happen that is not on Levi. I didn't see how Cust played yesterday - so I just can't comment.

Credit where it is due as well, despite the flaws in his game.

He did make a monstrous tackle on the goal line against the Sharks #15 (I think), when we were getting smashed everywhere. Saved a certain 6 points.

The who said " Our kicking game is woeful, and our defence against kicks isn't much better.", can't disagree with that.

Our spine was totally outplayed by theirs.

DCE is a real problem at 1/2 I'd rather see him at hooker or 5/8 ...or just bloody run at the line like he used to, but apparently we don't have any other half choice ... ZDC? CC? Metcalfe?, Seve?
Why don't we blood a few of our "future stars" when we are depleted through injuries, josh Schuster, Ben Turbo, young Hoppa?

Credit where it is due as well, despite the flaws in his game.

He did make a monstrous tackle on the goal line against the Sharks #15 (I think), when we were getting smashed everywhere. Saved a certain 6 points.
Great tackle.

While he hasn't offered any spark, he has done a job. I don't think he was our problem yesterday.

If there was a stat on who has given away the most set restarts in the NRL I would put money Levi tops that list. It hurts API is killing it at the Panthers

Levi is doing a good enough job , Croker has been busy there when needed but has his limitations as well . Cust bought a bit of enthusiasm and creativity during his short stint .Not the team "s strongest position at the moment but just will have to make do as best as possible .

Croker tries hard but isn’t good enough.

Can defend well at times but doesn’t make consistently good defensive decisions ( see yesterday red running out of line)

Can attack well at times but doesn’t make consistently good attacking decisions.( see yesterday’s no pass).

The above is the definition of a wholehearted reserve grade player

Don't rate Levi at all. No kicking game, no vision and slow out of dummy half. Look at Mahoney, Smith, Cook, Api all killing it because they can play great ad-lib footy and create holes in the opposition defense especially with the new rules. Levi has a long way to go unfortunately. Maybe put Cust at 5/8 and Croker back at hooker. Levi can come on when they're leading and just play a defensive role.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4