Daniel Tupou

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel T would be a great addition for us, great under the high ball at both ends, a bit defensively soft, but will be a great target for DCE's kicking
I agree with this because I think genuine strike on both edges will give DCE and Tom Turbo a fraction more time and space as defences consider the multiple threats. Result: Manly mayhem (in theory).

I think I am starting to see where our recruitment strategy is headed, finally. If we employ Shaun Lane, Willis Meehan and Daniel Tupou, replacing Buhrer, Taufua and Starling for argument's sake...then we gain about three feet in height. I think Bozo has decided that since we can no longer be the best team in the comp, we should be the tallest! Its all making sense now...

Maybe we're going to play in the NBL, not the NRL?

Ü areright Tom did get run down by a back rower, do not know why everyone thinks he is fast.
He seems electric over the first 10 - 15metres. Might need a fifth gear installed, he seems to just idle in fourth for top end speed. Some have suggested injury is to blame? I'd certainly like to see him back himself a bit more when he gets in the clear. It's a strange one, those long legs should be better once he has got going.

I don't think we can truly assess Toms speed until he comes back next year. He looked very inconvenienced by that ankle injury for most of this season and he was straight in for surgery.
Check 2015 footage especially vs the Broncos. He is quick, just had to play with a significantly needled ankle all 2016.

Watch him in the 9's the year before last and he makes a break and burns Semi Radradra easily. Then last season when he was running with a bad ankle it looked like Semi was going to catch him...So that tells me that he was definitely injured and/or he has lost a yard or two of pace given the bulk he has had to put on in order to handle 1st grade.

Either way he is no slow poke and Beau Scott publicly stated that he caught him on the angle.

He was not run down by a backrower! Toms problem is not speed, that night where Scott got him was not Scotts doing, it was toms and semis. Tom was heading for the corner than semi came up on the edge and pushed him towards the middle of the field, Scott was waiting after his 30 metre head start which he himself admitted. Tom seems to think when he in the clear run sideways away from the chasers, but when he runs straight as he did in round 3 against the Sharks with an intercept he has no troubles. I've seen him catch Milford and Morgan. He's one the top 10 fastest players, his strategies when are to be questioned.

Extactly that as well as a busted ankle all season, pretty quick for one leg, can't wait to see him on two legs next year :thumbsup:

Beau Scott began his run from the north eastern side of the field, running diagonally, only had to cover half the distance as well & even had a head start. I don't think Tom is express, but he's got more than enough speed to dominate in the NRL....easily. Damaging ball runner already, can't stop him from 20 mtrs out. Will add more muscle mass with time, scary prospect imo

Tom was run down this year by a back rower. In the open over a long distance he's actually not that fast. It's the explosive short bursts of speed is where his strength is.
You are aware Tom T has had an ankle issue most of the year??? Did you watch any of Tom T during the 2015 season when he made breaks & no one came close to him??

Yup looked at a few highlight reels - Turbo has plenty enuff toe.. When he's back to full fitness lack of speed wont be an issue at all. When he's 100% confident with his body he'll kill it.

Not sure what game it was, having a feeling it was against Souths and a first half he just looked fresh and electric. We had gone up the middle and line breaks to Tom T. He made one break where he was clearly quicker, beat a couple then was going to take the last on the outside but with the angle of defender coming across decided against.. Not sure if any remember this game or play but just the lead up to getting to that point and when he hit the hammer for that period he can definitely go! The speed he has along with being 100kgs plus and the power that comes with is the overall package.

Ü areright Tom did get run down by a back rower, do not know why everyone thinks he is fast.
Considering he outran Radradra at the 9's - I'd say he is fast. The backrower had an angle run on him - he had to cover less distance and Tom had a busted ankle.

its ok I'm sure young Harold has another certainty that he is ready to share following on from Topou ans DWZ

its ok I'm sure young Harold has another certainty that he is ready to share following on from Topou ans DWZ
I never said Tupou was coming, I just replied to someone saying it angrily as I didn't want him. Believe that may have been the other young one, turbo @Mark from Brisbane I was aboard the Uate rumour and have never said DWZ is coming, just that he would be on my unfillable want list

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4