Daly bread: Sea Eagles in a bind over star's cut- price contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyborn said:
Dan79 said:
The problem for the club is that they planned 2012's salary cap last year before dce's value soared. That makes it very difficult to offer an upgrade now. You have to remember the original contract was signed at 100k and everyone was happy. 100k was a risk on an unknown commodity. Turns out 100k was less than his worth, but you can't blame the club for that. We would be shouting if he was on 350k and turned out I be a dud. Not a fan on back ended contracts, but I see it as the only way to get him signed.
You need to look after your employees, especially ones like DCE. We need to be more proactive and extend contracts before players get close to contract expiring. DCE doesn't ern expire this year and he is already fielding calls from rival clubs. I hate that

I'm not a fan of back ended contracts either, but it's a fair bet that the salary cap will increase substantially when the new TV rights are locked in. The players are going to want their cut of the pie and I don't think it's beyond reason for the clubs to be expecting something like a 6mil annual grant from the NRL.

increased salary cap doessnt yield any more room because the existing players have indexing clauses, which means they get the same apportionment (%) of the cap

I wonder if Dce could have a back ended contract and be advanced some that money this year. Or would that have to be added to this years cap.

Haz88 said:
Just a question for anyone who may know.

Can a player get a release from the club even if there is nothing in the contract.

Lets say the player would like to leave and join an england club for example and Manly would also perhaps like the player to move on - if both parties agree can a release happen?

yes,that is what happened to Rodney

tookey said:
This is one of the reasons why Hasler left us for the dogs.

he knew that our cap was stuffed for the next 2 years by his backending of deals and he knew that we would have to lose players and he didn't want to rebuild again with manly.

I disagree. Its the other way around. The fact he knew he was leaving is the reason he deliberately inserted get out clauses in some contracts and back ended deals for the veterans like Kite, King and Rose yet didn't tie up the young guys he might like at belmore like DCE Foran and Lussick.

tookey said:
This is one of the reasons why Hasler left us for the dogs.

he knew that our cap was stuffed for the next 2 years by his backending of deals and he knew that we would have to lose players and he didn't want to rebuild again with manly.

No....Des left only for one reason $$$$$$$$

aussie_davo said:
Judging by the way the team is being selected at the moment i would say George Rose must be on real thin ground and i for one wouldnt mind him moving on.
This is the statement that disturbs me more than any other. George should not be standing on thin ground! Does he know how much he weighs?? Little George could get hurt if the ground gives way

What the **** are they doing release or do not renew matai, or kite even dare I day offload the stewart boys. These boys are the future.

**** just release or do not renew matai, kite and lussick.

Here's an idea ironstines
Why dont they release
B Stewart
Oldfield
Whare
Lyon
Matai
D Williams
J tafua
L foran
G ricardi
King
Ballin
Kite
Rose
Mauro
Lussick
Joe g
Watmough
Trex
Bruher
Harrison
Robinson
Glenn Stewart
Farrar

And pay Dce 10 million over 4 seasons
And kieran 10 million over 4 seasons

Or an even better idea why dont we enjoy the fu**en awesome team we have this year and leave it in the very capable hands of Toovey, Dave warrick and our outstanding COO Dave Perry.

They will make the right decisions, some faces will change but the strong proud manly culture will remain.

**Fair dinkum Cam. How many times does about the F bomb**

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Begs the question
What's Cherry worth ?

$50K more than he was worth before round 1
$100K more than he was worth before he was picked for the Kangaroos
$150k more than he was worth in the beginning of Sep
$200k more than he was worth when Orr started negotaitions in Aug

how much will he be worth in another month when Cronk is signed with Melb, probably another $50k or more.

Add another $50k for todays news that Qld SOO official has come out publicly declaring that there is nothing stopping DCE joining the Maroons this year.

Today's RLW has a full page story on DCE and how his manager asked for a release out of the final year of his contract (2013) because he is on less than some Toyota Cup players.

How much of it is DCE and how much is the manager driving his price up, and thereby his 10%

every time I have heard him (DCE) speak he has said he is happy at Manly.

and if he does go elsewhere so be it, FFS there is a hell of a lot more to life than a few games of football, or if there isnt that is very sad.

We are going to pay for our Success, I don't think there is any doubt about that, but hey if we had have lost the GF last year we would still be paying for it.
DCE and Foran came into the team as juniors with big futures after we had won the comp only a year before and nobody would have expected them to go so well. All of the players that got contract upgrades(Choc,Stewarts,Lyon,wolf etc) deserved them and now we will pay for it.
To win 2 comps in 4 years is so great!! fans of other clubs are so envious of us!!
The Manly team is ridiculously strong, there is no way we can keep them all.
I would rather lose a couple of stars now than get caught trying to keep them all together like those losers from Melbourne.

bones said:
Today's RLW has a full page story on DCE and how his manager asked for a release out of the final year of his contract (2013) because he is on less than some Toyota Cup players.

I thought that had been rectified by the club, as this was discussed last October.
I do not want to appear negative or stressed but the club are moving too slow with him, and I fear, as do others here that he may walk, due to tardiness on behalf of the club. I will be sooo mad if that becomes the case.

1947 said:
bones said:

I thought that had been rectified by the club, as this was discussed last October.
I do not want to appear negative or stressed but the club are moving too slow with him, and I fear, as do others here that he may walk, due to tardiness on behalf of the club. I will be sooo mad if that becomes the case.

This is how i feel also, fans of other clubs are reading the article on DCE in RLW thinking we are run by absolute morons. Give DCE what he is worth and quit rooting around!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6