Cuthbo dropped to Premier League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully Bryant will give Cuthbo his photos of des when he goes to the UK. 

Hall is a better player for this game than Cuthbo and Bryant.  My guess is that Des wants players who will take the ball up strongly, run straight and not attempt passes under pressure and can also defend laterally, something that Cuthbo has difficulty with.  But I'd take Cuthbo instead of Bryant that's for sure. 

This is Hasler's idea of a joke. Haha, good one Des. Hilarious.

Seriously, if this is for real then it's a worry.

Thinking about this it could well be horses for courses. They have a lot of big boppas who like to offload. Des may have decided that Cuthbo is not the best player against this sort of team.

I must admit I do struggle to deal with this sort of scoop? We will wait and see what really happens.

Canteen Worker link said:
Thinking about this it could well be horses for courses. They have a lot of big boppas who like to offload. Des may have decided that Cuthbo is not the best player against this sort of team.

I must admit I do struggle to deal with this sort of scoop? We will wait and see what really happens.

I had the same thought CW. But i reasoned that if we kept it tight early on and he came off the bench late in each half, we would keep his creativity & offloads to when they are tired. i cant see him being a liability unless he starts.

Has Bryant been dropped since he has been with us?  I cannot recall any occasion.

It then comes down to either Hall or Cuthbo being dropped out of the squad along with Mauro.

This Manly daily article seems to contradict the ascertion he is playing in P/L

Cuthbo's hungry for on-field action
Jason Avedissian

20 June 2008

A REJUVENATED Adam Cuthbertson is ready to "explode" and return to his best form when the Sea Eagles travel to Auckland to play the Warriors on Sunday.

The 23-year-old Avalon junior is back in Manly's squad after serving a one-match ban for his high shot on Canberra's Troy Thompson two weeks ago.

Cuthbertson said he spent the week off evaluating his game which he surprisingly believes was down before he was banned.

"I didn't think I was playing my best," he said of the period before his suspension.

"I've been a bit up and down, the last two games anyway."

And now Cuthbertson is clearly aiming to make-up for lost time, eager to give the Warriors' pack and fans something to remember him by in Auckland on Sunday.

"I have worked hard on my fitness and strength and I can't wait to get out there and just explode on the weekend," he said.

"It's (time-off) has given me a chance to build that hunger up, to get out there and start performing again.

"It's great to be back after going through the pain of watching the boys have a real good win."

Cuthbertson said nothing in his game will change after he was sent-off in the gritty win over the Raiders.

"No mate, it was just one slip-up," he said. "What happened has revived me."

Manly will be warm favourites to down the Warriors in Auckland.

The New Zealanders will be desperate for a win after losing their last home match to South Sydney two weeks ago.

"That will fire them up, I suppose," Cuthberston said of the Rabbitohs defeat.

Veteran Steve Menzies, who is nearing the end of his career, said he expects the Warriors to be a tricky hurdle.

"They are such talented players and I think they have been a little hot and cold," he said.

"They always play better at home and have some big guys who can play football."

The NZ NRL preview show was at Manly training, and talked to Cuthbo, and i reckon he is playing. And from the way he was talking, he will have a massive game as well, sounded really wound up for it

Matabele link said:
Isn't Cuthbo following the path trod by Jason Stevens?  No wonder he's wound up!
is he carrying some extra weight in his sack :p

Cuthbo was not in the line up...or in NZ, Nick Bradley Koala was 19th man,covering for Robbo. I think you'll find Cuthbo will be playing in about 45 minutes in NSW cup. In the end we didn't need him. But he does add alot to our attack.

I am pretty sure Cuthbo was there, coz i saw number 20 warming up at some point

Des will be spared the tough call next week, as Kite will either be suspended or in Origin camp, but post that Cuthbo must be in the lineup

Bryant was utter crap today as predicted.  Came straight on and gave away a penalty.  Several times ran backwards at the opposition.  Made several dumb offloads.

Give yourself an uppercut for that call Des.

Cuthbo has the ability to win games for us but Bryant doesn't.  At least not unless you can win games running backwards.

Cuthbo couldn't have been seen in jumper 20 in Auckland because he was in jumper 16 playing at Wentworthville.  Cuthbo played premier league as rumoured and set up Manly's only two tries with his classic offloads.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2