• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was a fan of Cust immediately last year. I want him as our long term 5/8. Brave. Creative. Attacks the line. Has a kicking game. If Walker is staying at the club (I'm not attached to him at all) then back to the centres for him, Suli to the wing and Tafua back to park football.
I like everything accept Jorge to Park football . There is till life left in Jorge

Because no one asked here's my wishes and reasoning for the backline. Prepared to be flamed.

Turbo. World class. Can't count on a full season from him though. Elliot an important clubman to be backup.

Garrick and Suli on the wings to be the modern day Hancock/Hoppa. Don't tell me with good ball that Suli wouldn't run over blokes down the flank?

Walker/Parker in the centres to be the modern day Hill/Moore. One grub and one honest battler.

DCE/Cust. One half that defends well and a good communicator/pest to the refs and another that looks like a bit of a throwback and creative.

Cade was on seven news tonight and talked Manly up. Also saw this

So has this been confirmed by the club? I was talking to a member of Cade's family on Wednesday and he said that Cade was waiting to see what happened when Walker returned before making a decision on his future. He wants to stay but if he's not going to get regular game here then he'll look elsewhere.

So has this been confirmed by the club? I was talking to a member of Cade's family on Wednesday and he said that Cade was waiting to see what happened when Walker returned before making a decision on his future. He wants to stay but if he's not going to get regular game here then he'll look elsewhere.
The latest I saw was that all is agreed to but hasn't put pen to paper. You may be right, and fair play to Cust.

Last edited:
Transition over the next few weeks to Cust at half back with schuster at 5/8, Dylan and Cherry in the centres, and Ruben and Moses on the wings. Cherry constipates the attack at half but can turn a half break into a try. He could be a great centre with someone else putting into gaps. Watch Cade on the field. He directs the play and moves other players into position. Things a half back should be doing. Dylan is just an attacking weapon.

I've come to realize that team selections are very subjective and what makes it very difficult for us is that we don't really know what is happening behind the scenes and at training. CC has done well the last two weeks and deserves another crack. CC reminds me of Townsend who I rate highly. I would put Walks on the bench so when Levi gets tired then CC can go to Hooker and Walks to 5/8.

Put it this way if Cust doesn't play last week we probably don't win. Was crucial in changing the game in our favour a few times. How you can be man of the match one week then dropped is beyond me. He not only scored a try and set one up he also had a couple nice kicks to the corners and built pressure, something We haven't done all year. The non selection of Sipley is baffling and if Cust is dropped I'd call it insanity.

Put it this way if Cust doesn't play last week we probably don't win. Was crucial in changing the game in our favour a few times. How you can be man of the match one week then dropped is beyond me. He not only scored a try and set one up he also had a couple nice kicks to the corners and built pressure, something We haven't done all year. The non selection of Sipley is baffling and if Cust is dropped I'd call it insanity.
Surely he will be 14 at worse case scenario with Croker out altogether. Cust at hooker would be really good as he has speed and creativity.

What about Cust at 6, Croker 14, Keppie 15, Paseka 16, Walker 17.

Croker spells Levi, Walker covers any injuries/HIA's in the backs.

If there are no injuries or HIA's in the backs, Des gives Walker a run once the result of the game is beyond any doubt (either way) to get match fitness back.

If there are no injuries or HIA's in the backs, Des gives Walker a run once the result of the game is beyond any doubt (either way) to get match fitness back.
2 forwards on the bench against the Riff pack?

I think we need 3 fresh forwards on the bench but I get your drift

At 7:35 pm tonight we'll learn if Walker is in the reduced 19 man squad.
Of course he will be...not much of a ruse to omit him a whole day before the game. Des wants the Riff's last training run to include the chance Walker is playing. That is the whole point in naming him in the first place.

How long did dessie persist with Jamie L at 6? I guess until he won a comp there

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
If Des plays Walker at 5/8 I am excited that Cust gets to play back in the middle.

I think he can excel in the middle of the ruck and cause havoc for the opposition given he gets time there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4