• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Warming to young Cade. Like the way he plays with confidence even after an error. Never seems to get the hangdog look when losing.

Last night DCE was obviously on a redemption mission after last week and dominated proceedings totally in terms of running the ship ( and did a great job) but Custs infrequent touches were quick and smooth.

Throws himself into tackles. Work in progress but a good first grader looms with this young bloke.
Levi could do with his back himself attitude as well. Saw a bit of it from him last night ( and a bit of mongrel). Decent signs for him too.

Last edited:
Warming to young Cade. Like the way he plays with confidence even after an error. Never seems to get the hangdog look when losing.

Last night DCE was obviously on a redemption mission after last week and dominated proceedings totally in terms of running the ship ( and did a great job) but Custs infrequent touches were quick and smooth.

Throws himself into tackles. Work in progress but a good first grader looms with this young bloke.
Levi could do with his back himself attitude as well. Saw a bit of it from him last night ( and a bit of mongrel). Decent signs for him too.
He is confident which is the total opposite to Crocker. I'm warming to him

Even just providing that second kick option. Haven't seen that for ages.

Cade did win that gf with manly in the lower grades a couple of years ago...didn't he?

The one where Manly scored right on full time. I think they scrapped into the finals and went all the way?

Anyway...point is : He's won a gf before and never gave up when behind on the score board. Seems to have the 5/8 cheekyness about him and he is surely aiming to play the house down while walks is out.

I dunno. Just think he could be a good'un.

Cade did win that gf with manly in the lower grades a couple of years ago...didn't he?

The one where Manly scored right on full time. I think they scrapped into the finals and went all the way?

Anyway...point is : He's won a gf before and never gave up when behind on the score board. Seems to have the 5/8 cheekyness about him and he is surely aiming to play the house down while walks is out.

Yeah he actually outplayed Tom Wright in that game, even though Wright was the flashier player. Cust just has the temperament of a first grader. Keeps his head and plays hard.

Is definitely looking a good foil for Chez. Good to have another kicking option and keeps the defence on their toes.
It was definitely Levi's best game and if he continues to play like that would become a fan favourite.
Was also Paseka's best game. I actually thought Gosiewski had his best game too, that 2nd half when we were struggling Gosiewski was having 1 or 2 runs every set. Hopefully a sign that the loyalty Des has shown will start to pay off.

Simples really ... you have to play football to get better at playing football .... if you add up all the minutes of 1st grade Cust has played in the last 12 months you wouldn't have enough to buy a donut ...

We are very good at writing young blokes off after very limited time ....

Both Cust and Croker need minutes in the middle ... before we can either hail them .. or discard them ...

PSS ... I have been a vocal fan of both these kids ... between injury and being dropped they have kept putting one foot in front of the other and had a go ...

I think Cust starting at 6 & Croker at 14 to spell Levi is our best combination.

Croker made no mistakes or dumb errors last night & even got us a 40-20.

He didnt look as panicked last night & it resulted in a much smoother transition when he came on for Levi.
One.. ran out of dummy half on last tackle and threw the pass to Cust under immense pressure. Other than though solid.. still think there's better options out there

May even been MOM? Might be wrong though

I think Cust starting at 6 & Croker at 14 to spell Levi is our best combination.

Croker made no mistakes or dumb errors last night & even got us a 40-20.

He didnt look as panicked last night & it resulted in a much smoother transition when he came on for Levi.
Yes Croker has ability. He is only 20-odd games into his career, give him a break!

If he is guilty of anything, it’s trying too hard on occasion.

Personally I think Cust has played better for us this year than he did last year.

I see Kieran Foran has broken down ... again. In the thread about bringing him back to Manly I said something along the lines of if he was worth it. Sorry, but I've come to the conclusion that while the skills are still there, while the footy brain is still there, the body simply isn't up to the job any more. What is the point in spending money on bringing him back to Manly when he's likely to only play a quarter of a season at best because he's always out injured??

Personally I think we should persist with Walker, Cust and Schuster rather than spending money on someone who spends a lot more time on the sideline than he does the park.

Personally I think Cust has played better for us this year than he did last year.

I see Kieran Foran has broken down ... again. In the thread about bringing him back to Manly I said something along the lines of if he was worth it. Sorry, but I've come to the conclusion that while the skills are still there, while the footy brain is still there, the body simply isn't up to the job any more. What is the point in spending money on bringing him back to Manly when he's likely to only play a quarter of a season at best because he's always out injured??

Personally I think we should persist with Walker, Cust and Schuster rather than spending money on someone who spends a lot more time on the sideline than he does the park.
100%

He is confident which is the total opposite to Crocker. I'm warming to him

Even just providing that second kick option. Haven't seen that for ages.
I think Croker is a pretty good hooker, a pretty bad half.

Coming on as hooker Croker doesn’t have the pressure of having an a-grade kicking game. Having a hooker with a kick is just a bonus so maybe he views it like that and feels more comfortable.

I dont mind Croker coming off the bench for now to give Levi some time. I still wouldnt resign him at this stage as hopefully Nase will be back next year and Levi will stay in our squad as the 9 or a depth option.

With Walker Cust Schuster (6)
And Levi Cust and hopefully Nase (9)
I dont think Croker resign is a smart use of cap space but he can add some value in the short-medium term with these injuries. One thing I won’t knock him is his commitment and he goes tough in some tackles. Bit like a poor mans Monaghan.

I would like to see him getting the ball on the 5th tackle more often and putting in some more long kicks.

He is otherwise coming along nicely.

The sad part with Lachlan Croker is that when Walks got injured, he had the perfect opportunity to stand up and say to Des "I am the 5/8 you are looking for" ... yet he proceeded to put in two of the worst possible performances he could have served up. To put it bluntly, he blew it. His form only returned when he was put back to dummy half.

As a dummy half this year he has generally done well, for the most part at least. And right now that is where I'd be playing him, off the bench as a fresh dummy half. The fact that he can also cover pivot is a bonus, but as it stands I wouldn't have him in the #6 jumper.

The interesting thing will be when Walks returns. Does he come back as a 5/8 or centre? And if as a pivot, what then for Cust? Is he out of the top 17 or does he actually replace Croker on the bench? Because as it stands I would be more inclined to keep Cust in the 17 than I would be Croker.

He has had some serious injury setbacks and come back from them, so there is no doubt about his character.

He is coming along ok, especially as a backup hooker.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4