• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Con had another good game tonight. Des has something to think about when walker is fit. Do we drop sandwich, move Suli to wing and put the phantom back at right centre ?

Be interesting to see how he goes against the stiffer opposition next week
Agree, Con is playing like he wants to stay in first grade. Credit to him, putting some pressure on future selections for sure.

I was critical of Cust last year. He had a tendency to crowd his outside supports and only pass off when they had no room to move, and his defence was iffy at best. The best thing he brought was that he backed up very well.

So far this year though he has been a lot better. A lot more creative with the ball and both his kicking and defence have improved. He's actually looking like a first grader and not someone just there while others are out injured and he's playing with confidence.

When Walks is back, if I were in Des' shoes I'd be moving Suli to left wing in place of Jorge, Walker to right centre and keeping Cust at 5/8.
I think Suli to right wing outside walker. Suli's left Palm would be damaging as a right winger. I also think Garrick would be better on the left, I think half the reason he gets smashed is cos he runs with the ball in his right arm and runs across field and can't use his Palm. Walker Suli on the right
and Parker Garrick on the left. Won't happen but that's my preference

I think Suli to right wing outside walker. Suli's left Palm would be damaging as a right winger. I also think Garrick would be better on the left, I think half the reason he gets smashed is cos he runs with the ball in his right arm and runs across field and can't use his Palm. Walker Suli on the right
and Parker Garrick on the left. Won't happen but that's my preference

That does sound better actually. Suli is better on the right with his fend and Reubs would give us pace on the left.

Great game by cust, he has played well those last 2 weeks.

At the very least, Walker can spend some extra time recoverying the way Cust is playing.

DCE has also lifted since cust is at 6. Noticably more back to back sets with cust at the 6.

Tough decision for Des, I dare say walks will move back into the no.6 but I wouldhave cust over froggy in the 14.

I was critical of Cust last year. He had a tendency to crowd his outside supports and only pass off when they had no room to move, and his defence was iffy at best. The best thing he brought was that he backed up very well.

So far this year though he has been a lot better. A lot more creative with the ball and both his kicking and defence have improved. He's actually looking like a first grader and not someone just there while others are out injured and he's playing with confidence.

When Walks is back, if I were in Des' shoes I'd be moving Suli to left wing in place of Jorge, Walker to right centre and keeping Cust at 5/8.
I qas thinking the same thing.. question is can suli catch?

Great game by cust, he has played well those last 2 weeks.

At the very least, Walker can spend some extra time recoverying the way Cust is playing.

DCE has also lifted since cust is at 6. Noticably more back to back sets with cust at the 6.

Tough decision for Des, I dare say walks will move back into the no.6 but I wouldhave cust over froggy in the 14.
The set restarts are flowing now that we have a genuine second kicking option. Good to see Levi kicking from dummy half as well.

A few key factors to like about Cust -
He plays very direct and digs into the line...an issue Manly have is playing sideways - he gets the attack going North, which brings players with him and opens up attacking options for runners or going himself
He can tackle and has that Joey Johns type build that can hit the ribcage up and under...have seen him cause a few drops and key tackles in general
Has a kicking game....every bit or more effective tgan DCE with the short kicking game.
Supports well, often in great position to accept an offload or 2nd phase

He will get even better with confidence shown in him. Surely we didn't extend him for 2 years last week just to play 14.
Cust and Fainu won a 20s comp together.
I reckon Cust would be a weapon running behind the space created by Fainu next year. Walker back to centre to strengthen our outside backs and either Hoppa re signs and takes a wing spot or we go and sign Alex Johnson/Saab or similar and all of a sudden our backs look really strong.

Had his best game last night and is really owning that position. But Des will be Des and drop Walker back into 6 which may upset the rhythm we have just found. I'd like to see Cust stay at 6 and Walker to center. I'd also like to see Hoppa given a run on wing.
Tom
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Taufua
Cust
DCE.

Had his best game last night and is really owning that position. But Des will be Des and drop Walker back into 6 which may upset the rhythm we have just found. I'd like to see Cust stay at 6 and Walker to center. I'd also like to see Hoppa given a run on wing.
Tom
Hoppa
Walker
Suli
Taufua
Cust
DCE.
That’s the go mate, I like the look of that!!

His direct running and deft left step is proving a real hand full for opposition defences at the moment , combined with his awareness level and effective kicking option . Game went to another level last night and good thing that he was re signed recently and not only for the depth department . Walker starts somewhere in the normal order of things but is going to pose some selection issues with the form he showed against the Cows

Was thinking last night that Cust reminds me of a bigger, stronger Kieran Foran (in his prime). Runs direct. Tackles like a machine. Has some creativity. Kids 21 years old !

That being said, we have Dylan Walker, and he needs to be in our team.

Tough decisions Dessie. I liked that Des spoke about Cust in his presser too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8