• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Warming to young Cade. Like the way he plays with confidence even after an error. Never seems to get the hangdog look when losing.

Last night DCE was obviously on a redemption mission after last week and dominated proceedings totally in terms of running the ship ( and did a great job) but Custs infrequent touches were quick and smooth.

Throws himself into tackles. Work in progress but a good first grader looms with this young bloke.
Levi could do with his back himself attitude as well. Saw a bit of it from him last night ( and a bit of mongrel). Decent signs for him too.
I think his a potentially the hooker we have needed, his defence is improving this season. The time he has played in the middle this season he has added another attacking dimension there.

When we have a full deck to choose from, that’s where I see Cust playing.

Good footballer and does well on the left edge, even better game tonight with the cattle he had on that edge in JetSki, Parker and Taufau.

For me I see Cade as a future number 9 still, great footwork, good pass, defence improved this season and when he has played in the middle has looked good.

DCE seems to have relinquished some control.

Cust took heaps of kicks tonight.

Great news for Cust, DCE, and Manly.
You would think DCE is enjoying the support, when Marty and AFB are on the field the halves go well, just need more impact off the bench.

He has scored or assisted more than a try a game for every game hes played. Not sure what more he needs to do to be recognised as a serious first grader, the kids a gun.

Fully fit, Walker to centres again with Tom at fullback obviously. Play Walker at fullback until Tom comes back, Cust is our permanent 6. I like Parker but Cust is a much better player and think he needs to be recognised as a genuine first grade half... he is quality. Get Parker to do a Tom T and bulk up 10kg in the off season and make him our permanent 2row / centre cover off the bench for the future.

Last edited:
I was critical of Cust last year. He had a tendency to crowd his outside supports and only pass off when they had no room to move, and his defence was iffy at best. The best thing he brought was that he backed up very well.

So far this year though he has been a lot better. A lot more creative with the ball and both his kicking and defence have improved. He's actually looking like a first grader and not someone just there while others are out injured and he's playing with confidence.

When Walks is back, if I were in Des' shoes I'd be moving Suli to left wing in place of Jorge, Walker to right centre and keeping Cust at 5/8.

I was critical of Cust last year. He had a tendency to crowd his outside supports and only pass off when they had no room to move, and his defence was iffy at best. The best thing he brought was that he backed up very well.

So far this year though he has been a lot better. A lot more creative with the ball and both his kicking and defence have improved. He's actually looking like a first grader and not someone just there while others are out injured and he's playing with confidence.

When Walks is back, if I were in Des' shoes I'd be moving Suli to left wing in place of Jorge, Walker to right centre and keeping Cust at 5/8.
I always rated Suli as potential to be a good winger... with his Pay packet now I would keep him at centre as he is most dangerous palming off that other centre and running on the outside.

Parker should bulk up 10kg and become our 2row / centre option on the bench like Gosiewski is now. He runs seriously hard, puts his body on the line and has great defence, only issue is size... 10kg+ and he would be a great 2row bench option...

We need to sign a new winger with Albert going to the dogs and Jorge old... Brent Nadens contract going soon anyone?

Con had another good game tonight. Des has something to think about when walker is fit. Do we drop sandwich, move Suli to wing and put the phantom back at right centre ?

Be interesting to see how he goes against the stiffer opposition next week

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8