Cust Gone ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lawton was a 7 so has experience in that role. Also, bit harsh to say he didn’t impress being a late inclusion as 9 against a red hot Storm in the first week of the finals. There were far worse than him and I’m sure given the opportunity he would actually excel at 9.

None of the stand in 7s will be as good as DCE. That’s a given.
But none of Lawton, Walker, Croker, Schuster will be worse than Cust in my opinion.

No loss.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the club doesn’t have a back up half in their sights.

Manly back up half is Humphreys.

Cade has been a manly junior and went through the system playing Harold Matt’s . Sg ball. Under 20 winning grand final and man of match that’ game. Playing 27 nrl games 9 tries. Most of u support cade but a lot of u idiots have no idea the kid wants to play footy and it’s been hard with Covid and sitting behind the Australian half And Kieran with so much expierence .. he loves manly and the team u can see how much excitement he had every game he played and not to mention the excitement on the sideline so all u people that are negative towards him give him a break his trying to follow his dream . His played 27 nrl games how bout u ?? All the best cade U will be playing the number 6 in Wigan … Cade loves manly and the team so I wish him the best .. true manly supporters are gutted we are losing u

Club will probably up the offer and sign Walker now I guess.....Just promote Zane Harris,he is as good as anyone still on the market.

See the thread one above this one.

But, we so luv a new thread thou ;)

Gee you people are quick to jump... I didn't see the thread already on here. I checked and I couldn't find anything at 3.30 this morning. I then tried to delete this thread when I did see it later but can't find out how to delete. An honest mistake.

Good luck Cade go and hone your skills and come back to us in a few years

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
Manly back up half is Humphreys.
Humphreys played SG Ball last year & has yet to play senior football (i.e. for Blacktown). He is said to be a very good player and goalkicker. Unless there are many injuries, he probably won't play NRL this year (don't know if being the CEO's son will be a factor).

Good luck Cade go to the old dart and hone your skills and then come back to us in a few years

Club will probably up the offer and sign Walker now I guess.....Just promote Zane Harris,he is as good as anyone still on the market.
Not sure on that one Joe , admittedly have only seen him play briefly but would be surprised if he [ Zane ] would be [ or rated ] at i st grade NRL standard from what i noticed . Maybe you have seen something better from him but i would even rate Humphries ahead of him now and Jamie still has some way to go for i st grade level . E S L will be a good challenge for Cade , would have preferred for him to stay and primarily for depth but guess that factor alone gave him enough reasons to look at that ESL option ,. Plus the opportunity for a bit of interesting lifestyle and travel experience while he is over there and the Manly i st option for him when he returns is a positive for Manly .. Can only see Foz as a viable 7 alternative if D C E for now .

Lawton was a 7 so has experience in that role. Also, bit harsh to say he didn’t impress being a late inclusion as 9 against a red hot Storm in the first week of the finals. There were far worse than him and I’m sure given the opportunity he would actually excel at 9.

But none of Lawton, Walker, Croker, Schuster will be worse than Cust in my opinion.

No loss.

What experience exactly does Lawton have as a 7? I can't find anything that suggests he has played 7 in NRL

Quite obvious that Manly has a few negotiations very well-advanced or otherwise cust wouldn't be released. I wonder who will be announced. Without Cust Walker Manase and DeLuis we're down to 26 in the NRL squad (although I still expect Walker will stay).

I think at least one, possibly 2 signings to come.

No loss.

Mate walker cant kick for peanuts and you think he is a better kicker than Cust. Haven't seen much of a kicking game from lawton or Schuster either tbh. Croker would go alright at 7 though.

Last edited:
We must have more options coming. No way we start the season with such little depth in halves and hooker.
Hooker options:
Croker: 1 year as a hooker
Lawton: Back up and utility and not a genuine 9

Halves:
Chez: Has played a lot of games for us luckily, can only hope he stays injury free
Foz: Aging and will be lucky to play as many games this year again
Schuster: Only played a handful of games in the #6 at NRL level
Walker: A centre turned 5/8 turned utility

God forbid if we lost Chez and Foz for an extended period. That would be the least experienced spine in the comp.

Add to that we have no genuine back up fullback, we are a couple injuries away from being in massive trouble. We MUST sign another hooker/half OR get Fainu back asap and we must sign another outside back, preferably someone who can also cover fullback!

Walker has a reasonable kicking game , even bombs and when he was at 6 for Manly . Wouldn "t like to have him or rely on him as a main kicking option but effective enough in his previous role in the halves

We must have more options coming. No way we start the season with such little depth in halves and hooker.
Hooker options:

Halves:
Chez: Has played a lot of games for us luckily, can only hope he stays injury free

God forbid if we lost Chez and Foz for an extended period. That would be the least experienced spine in the comp.

Add to that we have no genuine back up fullback, we are a couple injuries away from being in massive trouble. We MUST sign another hooker/half OR get Fainu back asap and we must sign another outside back, preferably someone who can also cover fullback!
Monas looked in good shape last time i noticed him and could try him . , no,, but hey , is looking a little thin in that halves , utility department right now .

Possibly we've got one or 2 Lawton-type signings about to be formalised. Some player(s) no-one was thinking of, a bolt from the blue.
I'm quite impressed with our recent recruitment and so fairly confident we've got some decent talent still to come.
I take it as a good sign that our recent player movements haven't been dragging on publicly the way Eels, Knights, Tigers have. The club has been doing a decent job of keeping things confidential so kudos to Humphreys for that (and bad luck for Zorba, who tipped Manly to collect the wooden spoon last year)

Hooker options:

Halves:

Agreed Robbo. By the numbers on the Manly website, I assume discussions underway with whoever?? Only 26 NRL players now registered with only 10 in the backs (including old Jorge). Forwards looking pretty powerful I must say but bugger all back up in the backs. If we assume Josh and Burbo can flip into say 5/8 and Centre then that's a bit more balanced and certainly makes sense. But still well short four (4) NRL players and four (4) Development players. Look forward to some announcements soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4