Curtis Scott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who did sign him?
Nobody.He just said he wanted back into the NRL and the media did their usual spin of linking him to anybody they thought may need him.And in typical ST’s fashion,someone started a thread asking whether he was worry Manly taking a punt.Thankfully the Manly hierarchy don’t pay attention to ST and with the 9/10 outside backs the club already has in their squad,he won’t be required
I suspect clubs will give him a wide berth,thus making it easy for the NRL to not have to make a decision

What legit reason can the NRL give for not allowing the opportunity to play NRL?

He went to court and got a 12 month bond. That is it, over.
Apparently it's not over. The 'legit reason' is that the NRL has to protect its brand.

Way back in the day rugby league was known as a sport with plenty of thuggish types but that slowly changed over the decades as more and more money came into the game. Now its big business and every negative league story hurts the bottom line.

Wouldn't bother me if the NRL got even stricter in de-registering players. Particularly for certain offences such as violence.

Well I guess it's an overwhelming NO on Mr Scott then. Good discussions but guys. Lots of good points. I Wonder which club was talking to him . Hmmmm ???????

Apparently it's not over. The 'legit reason' is that the NRL has to protect its brand.

Way back in the day rugby league was known as a sport with plenty of thuggish types but that slowly changed over the decades as more and more money came into the game. Now its big business and every negative league story hurts the bottom line.

Wouldn't bother me if the NRL got even stricter in de-registering players. Particularly for certain offences such as violence.

That is total BS. Curtis Scott effecting the NRL brand. Did Munster effect the NRL brand?

If it were a Manly player, would you feel the same way?

Amazing that Jennings is ok to play after a doping ban and DV charges. But he is going to the Rooters. And then you have Lodge and his indiscretions, yet he can play now. I think this one will be sorted out in court.

It may not be the issue here. But I seem to recall when Tim Simona was at Blacktown and similarly seeking to be allowed back into the NRL after trouble it was suggested the NRL require courses be completed and evidence of rehabilitation over a period of time.

That is total BS. Curtis Scott effecting the NRL brand. Did Munster effect the NRL brand?

If it were a Manly player, would you feel the same way?
Do you even know what he's done? Or what he's been accused of?
Don't tell me you are relying on our intrepid NRL 'journalists' to find out everything and report it to you!
And absolutely i would not be surprised at inconsistency from the games bosses, but ... we don't even know the whole story! So how are you so adamant that he's a fine person to represent the NRL? Or maybe you think no-one should be excluded?
(PS please remind me what Munster was ever convicted of)

Amazing that Jennings is ok to play after a doping ban and DV charges. But he is going to the Rooters. And then you have Lodge and his indiscretions, yet he can play now. I think this one will be sorted out in court.
I’m not all over the Jennings situation,seems strange that he’s allowed a T&T contract but in Lodge’s case,who I don’t want at Manly,was not a decision made by the current admin of Abdo and PVL,so you can’t really compare his case

I think Jennings wasn't charged with DV but I agree very serious findings were made against him in a civil case.
And how is he allowed back? I agree, very good question!

Don't tell me you are relying on our intrepid NRL 'journalists' to find out everything and report it to you!
And absolutely i would not be surprised at inconsistency from the games bosses, but ... we don't even know the whole story! So how are you so adamant that he's a fine person to represent the NRL? Or maybe you think no-one should be excluded?
I’m not saying this is the case with @XV-1,but I laugh when you read people who bag the media,then use that very same media as the basis of their argument

Alledged Sniffing cocaine with his buddy B Smith on camera. Two huge names that brought the game into disrepute.
Reece Walsh on cocaine possession charges.

All these high profile players are playing in the NRL, no issues.

Scott has had his time in court - period. He should be allowed to play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8