Curtis Scott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Todd Carney was never accepted back and that only involved urine.
Yep True, although he was always in the ****, the inconsistency is the thing that gets me, does not get a lot worse than Lodge and yet he's ok to play, then the question arises how long do you have to pay a penalty for mistakes, at the end of the day Curtis Scott is a knob anyway

Would Dugan and Ferg enjoyed the rooftop breezers without his leadership?

Not defending Carney but he is much more talented, won a Dally M and fits more the larrikin mould than this flog.
He fits the alcoholic mould - just as Curtis does.
Carney had 3 drink driving offences, plus numerous other driving offences, plus numerous other incidents such as setting a mate on fire, and, significantly, repeated failures to comply with programs he agreed to follow.
I've no doubt there were good reasons for this talented guy to develop that awful addiction, and I've no doubt the same applies to Scott.
However it's not really a surprise that clubs, and the NRL, at some stage say enough's enough.

Would Dugan and Ferg enjoyed the rooftop breezers without his leadership?

Not defending Carney but he is much more talented, won a Dally M and fits more the larrikin mould than this flog.
You could describe Carney as that,but he also had a very long list of indiscretions and many that were swept under the carpet or not made public

I have zero interest in Curtis Scott as a person, however it schiits me completely when there is not consistently in the way sporting codes treat players.
Most of these guys are not educated and should be helped, not shunned.
The players are helped.The NRL spend millions every year educating players.Anywhere from alcohol management to life after League programs.Every club has a qualified career coach.At some point,the players and their families need to take responsibility.
As for consistency,you’re not going to get that when you have different people making the decisions.The administration that allowed the likes of Lodge and Packer to return to the game,are not currently running the NRL.Are you suggesting that because a previous CEO/Chairman allowed them to play again,that Abdo and PVL should be consistent and allow any current and future players who transgress,back into the league?At some point the bosses have to make a stand.

The players are helped.The NRL spend millions every year educating players.Anywhere from alcohol management to life after League programs.Every club has a qualified career coach.At some point,the players and their families need to take responsibility.
As for consistency,you’re not going to get that when you have different people making the decisions.The administration that allowed the likes of Lodge and Packer to return to the game,are not currently running the NRL.Are you suggesting that because a previous CEO/Chairman allowed them to play again,that Abdo and PVL should be consistent and allow any current and future players who transgress,back into the league?At some point the bosses have to make a stand.

If they have had their day in court.

Yes.

Or are you suggesting that the court process is meanginless for NRL players and any player should be subject to additional punishment set by the NRL in a totally subjective manner?

Last edited:
If they have had their day in court.

Yes.

Or are you suggesting that the court process is meanginless for NRL players and any player should be subject to additional punishment set by the NRL in a totally subjective manner?
To understand your point - are you saying no-one should ever be sacked unless they are convicted of a crime?
(which by the way in Curtis Scott case, he has been convicted of 3 domestic violence offences, also pleaded guilty of 2 counts of offensive behaviour for separate, unrelated matters, also accepted an NRL ban for a separate unrelated fight in a club - this is all stuff on the public record. Let alone whatever else his various clubs have managed to keep quiet)

To understand your point - are you saying no-one should ever be sacked unless they are convicted of a crime?
(which by the way in Curtis Scott case, he has been convicted of 3 domestic violence offences, also pleaded guilty of 2 counts of offensive behaviour for separate, unrelated matters, also accepted an NRL ban for a separate unrelated fight in a club - this is all stuff on the public record. Let alone whatever else his various clubs have managed to keep quiet)

Scott has been sacked by several clubs as he broke internal club rules. That is not the subject matter here thou.

We are talking about a persons right to look for employment after the court process and verdict has been given.

Courts of law are there for a reason. Once the verdict is given and the person has either served or in this case been given essentially a good behaviour bond.

Surely the guy is free to try and earn a living. Not have a subjective punishment added to the courts ruling.

Whether or not any NRL team would sign Scott is a completely separate discussion.
I certainly would not want him at Manly, however if another club did want him - good luck to them.

Yep! If he was a dog you would put him down!

Just sayin’

Yep True, although he was always in the ****, the inconsistency is the thing that gets me, does not get a lot worse than Lodge and yet he's ok to play, then the question arises how long do you have to pay a penalty for mistakes, at the end of the day Curtis Scott is a knob anyway
People get fired from a job for all sorts of indiscretions and can get re-hired in the same industry, yet we have a moral compass with this game that says "NO NO NO - NEVER AGAIN"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8