Curtis Scott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He fits the alcoholic mould - just as Curtis does.
Carney had 3 drink driving offences, plus numerous other driving offences, plus numerous other incidents such as setting a mate on fire, and, significantly, repeated failures to comply with programs he agreed to follow.
I've no doubt there were good reasons for this talented guy to develop that awful addiction, and I've no doubt the same applies to Scott.
However it's not really a surprise that clubs, and the NRL, at some stage say enough's enough.
These clubs make money off players that are in many cases clearly "neurodivergent". They crush it in junior leagues because of their recklessness, that same recklessness is their downfall

I don't think the addiction is that hard to draw a straight line to, and I am not saying we should then mollycoddle, I do believe clubs need to develop better systems to manage these guys that are paid huge $ before they can regulate their mental faculties

People get fired from a job for all sorts of indiscretions and can get re-hired in the same industry, yet we have a moral compass with this game that says "NO NO NO - NEVER AGAIN"
I'm actually ok with him to play, like I say its the inconsistency that bugs me, some are allowed, some are not, the good thing if he plays again is seeing him get hammered

I certainly would not want him at Manly,
But - why not?
I thought your argument is that Curtis should be as welcome in the NRL as anyone else, now that the court has dealt with his latest offences?

The NRL are hypocrites. I have not admiration for Scott but the same principles and standards should apply across the board. Blurred lines once again.
So you don't want a blurred line, you want a clear straight line, black and white?
fair enough, but begs the question, Where exactly would you put the line?

So you don't want a blurred line, you want a clear straight line, black and white?
fair enough, but begs the question, Where exactly would you put the line?
That's what the NRL are paid to do, to make those tough decisions. Where ever it is it needs to be clearly identifiable and applied with consistency.

That's what the NRL are paid to do, to make those tough decisions. Where ever it is it needs to be clearly identifiable and applied with consistency.
Quite right, they are 'tough decisions' and sounds like they made one on Curtis for 2024, but maybe they'll reconsider for 2025 if he's behaved meanwhile.

We don't have to agree but I'm just curious what part of the Code of Conduct you think is unclear?

As to applying it 'with consistency', do you mean Lodge? AFB, Jennings? Jamil Hoppa? Jarryd Hayne? Manase?
Shane Flanagan?? Ben Barba?

Is Adam Doueihi going to be banned from playing, as he has just brought the game into disrepute.
Social media is going nuts on this right now

Screenshot_20231204_082933_X.jpg

Is Adam Doueihi going to be banned from playing, as he has just brought the game into disrepute.
Social media is going nuts on this right now
No, he's deleted the post as he 'did not realise' it came across as homophobic(!)

Quite right, they are 'tough decisions' and sounds like they made one on Curtis for 2024, but maybe they'll reconsider for 2025 if he's behaved meanwhile.

We don't have to agree but I'm just curious what part of the Code of Conduct you think is unclear?

As to applying it 'with consistency', do you mean Lodge? AFB, Jennings? Jamil Hoppa? Jarryd Hayne? Manase?
Shane Flanagan?? Ben Barba?
Yes and Packer comes to mind.

No, he's deleted the post as he 'did not realise' it came across as homophobic(!)

I guess that is ok then.

But not Scott, who has been sentenced, is serving his monitored probation, has apologised but in your opinion needs to be banned forever.

I really hope one of your children never get in trouble with the law.

But not Scott, who has been sentenced, is serving his monitored probation, has apologised but in your opinion needs to be banned forever.

I really hope one of your children never get in trouble with the law.
Really? Well please post the link confirming his apology! The only reports I've seen say he has never apologised, in fact he maintains he did nothing wrong, he even appealed his convictions but his appeals were thrown out, and the appeal judge even chided him for being disrespectful during the court proceedings!

Also feel free to remind me where I said he needs to be banned forever? In fact about 2 posts back I said maybe he'll be approved to return to the game in a year's time. The NRL might think the more indiscretions there have been, the longer period they want to see clean and incident-free to be satisfied he's tried to change and the risk is worth it.

Happy to have disagreements about policy and principles etc etc but if you're quoting facts to support your case ... it's important to use actual facts not made up ones.

Really? Well please post the link confirming his apology! The only reports I've seen say he has never apologised, in fact he maintains he did nothing wrong, he even appealed his convictions but his appeals were thrown out, and the appeal judge even chided him for being disrespectful during the court proceedings!

Also feel free to remind me where I said he needs to be banned forever? In fact about 2 posts back I said maybe he'll be approved to return to the game in a year's time. The NRL might think the more indiscretions there have been, the longer period they want to see clean and incident-free to be satisfied he's tried to change and the risk is worth it.

Happy to have disagreements about policy and principles etc etc but if you're quoting facts to support your case ... it's important to use actual facts not made up ones.
I’m sure Scott’s victim has come out and said he has shown no remorse nor has he apologised

Yes and Packer comes to mind.
Packer's offence was a shocker, as were several of those others mentioned. Wouldn't bother me if none of them were ever allowed back in the game, but the NRL seems to like giving second chances, eventually.
If Scott can stay out of strife for a year or so he'll probably be allowed back, too.

As requested. Please feel free to google the court transcripts if you feel the need.
Do you really think he would have received a 12-month community corrections order if he didn't apologise to all and sundry.

As requested. Please feel free to google the court transcripts if you feel the need.
Thanks, I see he has now apologised in the sense he is sorry he has brought the game into disrepute (because obviously that's why he can't play).

But he's not sorry for the DV offences... "he maintains at no stage did he ever assault or threaten to kill her."

That report goes on...

During the original court hearing, Magistrate Daniel Covington found Scott had put his hand on Clark's neck and "launched" her over a lounge into a wall, during a 2018 incident at her parents' Sylvania home in Sydney's south.
The court heard Clark was left with grazes and an egg-sized lump on her head.
The local court also heard the pair's relationship was "on and off" in the lead-up to the assault, and that Scott had became enraged, telling Clark, "You're going to f***ing leave me. Why are you like this?"

In another incident that occurred while the pair were holidaying on the NSW south coast, the former centre "charged" at Clark after the pair got into an argument, knocking her to the ground.
Scott was also convicted of intimidating Clark over the phone after the pair broke up, with the magistrate accepting he told her "f*** you, I'm going to kill you. You're such a f***ing slut", and also threatened to kill himself, before driving his vehicle into a tree.
Judge Abdee described Scott's actions as "self-pitying" and "vengeful".
"During a final act of elevated emotional abuse he made a death threat to the complainant," he said.
"A reasonable person would have felt (he) was unable to let go of the relationship and his threat was genuine."

Do you really think he would have received a 12-month community corrections order if he didn't apologise to all and sundry.

FYI - when you plead not guilty but are found guilty after a hearing of the evidence, then appeal the verdict and say you should not have been convicted because you are not guilty, and the judge then throws out your appeal, you don't then get a chance to say, "OK OK I did it and I'm sorry for committing the offences I've just spent months denying I committed" before the appeal court considers sentence. As for sentence the report said:

"The sentence took into account the cancellation of Scott's NRL contract after the allegations emerged in 2021, and his inability to play top level rugby league in the future."

Sounds to me he's mostly sorry he got in trouble. So far. He's still young, I hope he can turn it all around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8