Curtis Scott: Gooooone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They both have alcohol issues, and neither of them seem to have the capacity to face up to that long term. Off field they are ticking timebombs, aimed directly at club culture, and liable to explode at any time. It's a shame as they are both pretty good footballers. I have thought for awhile that Elliot would look good in a Manly jumper. However, based on recent history he is just not worth the risk.
Here's a marketing idea for the NRL to ponder:
Award the 17th franchise to The Firebirds on the proviso they change their mascot to The Firecrackers. Then fill the squad with all the bad boys. Get Munster as their marquee player and add Dugan, Scott, Elliot, Hetherington etc. Play in a predominantly black strip and you'd have a club that becomes the "baddies" of the comp. Every reality show needs a villain. Imagine the support you'd get from all the bikies' clubs?

They both have alcohol issues, and neither of them seem to have the capacity to face up to that long term. Off field they are ticking timebombs, aimed directly at club culture, and liable to explode at any time. It's a shame as they are both pretty good footballers. I have thought for awhile that Elliot would look good in a Manly jumper. However, based on recent history he is just not worth the risk.
I don't see the need for any Elliot needing to play for manly ever again.

Agreed. Scott has been given a lot of support by the Raiders. Throwing that all back at them, and not taking personal responsibility for his actions, means it's unlikely that he will get picked up again very easily. Massive red flag. I just hope no one links him to us.
I think he's also trying to make out his requests for mental health help were disregarded by the club, much like their recently departed halfback claimed & the cloud that Bateman left under.

Given Scott has priors on his record & had several chances to start afresh (the Raiders picking him up from the Storm was his first opportunity, being exonerated of the police assault charges was his second), he hasn't shown any sign of making any effort to deal with his issues but is happy to throw the club under the bus to deflect from his behaviour.

I think he's also trying to make out his requests for mental health help were disregarded by the club, much like their recently departed halfback claimed & the cloud that Bateman left under.

Given Scott has priors on his record & had several chances to start afresh (the Raiders picking him up from the Storm was his first opportunity, being exonerated of the police assault charges was his second), he hasn't shown any sign of making any effort to deal with his issues but is happy to throw the club under the bus to deflect from his behaviour.
Yes, its always someone else fault.
Thats the Trent Barrett approach!

Here's a marketing idea for the NRL to ponder:
Award the 17th franchise to The Firebirds on the proviso they change their mascot to The Firecrackers. Then fill the squad with all the bad boys. Get Munster as their marquee player and add Dugan, Scott, Elliot, Hetherington etc. Play in a predominantly black strip and you'd have a club that becomes the "baddies" of the comp. Every reality show needs a villain. Imagine the support you'd get from all the bikies' clubs?
Sounds like an NRL version of Collingwood. :cool:

I guess Canberra could have sacked him, referring to an undisclosed prior incident. But then the club would be rightly accused of a cover up.

Pinch of salt this is Buzz however it goes tp show how little we actually know about what goes on in club land (the fight coverup that is)

flicking through deck of excuse cards

Hmmm what can I use to get out of taking any personal responsibility for being a dickhead..? Hmmmm. Ahhhh the 'mental health' card! Perfect!

Curtis Scott fight video: Former NRL star sent off and facing ban for wild bush footy brawl​

Former NRL player Curtis Scott is in trouble again for his involvement in a wild brawl in a bush footy match that was captured on video.

Former NRL bad boy Curtis Scott is in strife again for his involvement in a wild brawl in a bush footy match that was captured on video.
Scott was sent off on a striking charge and will have his penalty determined by the NSWRL match review committee.

Curtis Scott fight video: Former NRL star sent off and facing ban for wild bush footy brawl​

Former NRL player Curtis Scott is in trouble again for his involvement in a wild brawl in a bush footy match that was captured on video.

Former NRL bad boy Curtis Scott is in strife again for his involvement in a wild brawl in a bush footy match that was captured on video.
Scott was sent off on a striking charge and will have his penalty determined by the NSWRL match review committee.

Watching vision of this this morning takes me back to the good old knuckle up's of the 80's..lol.

Interesting that Blake Ferguson is also playing with Scott; wasn’t he having a whinge about the NRL not paying for surgery to fix his nose after he’s supposedly finished playing? That’s after he went to Japanese Rugby; unsuccessfully mind you.

Surely, he’s still a chance of copping another whack and undoing any surgery that the NRL might fund. When, if he keeps playing, would he think that the NRL would still be liable for his medical bills?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8