Curtis Scott (and others) - Offseason trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank God that DCE has sworn off the grog right now. I can only imagine Greenturd's glee in standing him down for for telling a brick wall it was being too loud.

Scott cleared of all but two minor charges - police had no case

Magistrate sCam Smith gave his ruling, doing an ex team mate a solid, lol

“It is drawing a very long and frightening bow to argue the police can handcuff someone they’re trying to wake up who is sleeping underneath a tree that is not under arrest,” Magistrate Jiles said.

Oh he was tasered bahahahaha. I wonder if he dropped like a stone or kept going. My mates been tasered and it didn't stop him.. he was aquited by the way. So maybe Curtis has a chance. If someone recorded it and its a different story to the police like what happened to my mate then the popo will have egg on there faces! Though the police usually have cameras on there little vests.... meh

Save ya the trouble Biff. Ya little CSI

Disgusting behaviour by the cops.
Regarding this bit from the article quoted above:
"He said therefore the rest of the prosecution case had to be thrown out because he could not assault police or resist arrest if he wasn’t under arrest in the first place."

The reason is actually because the charge is 'assault (or resist) an officer in the execution of duty.'
As soon as they step beyond what they can lawfully do they are no longer acting in the execution of their duty. Which is what his lawyer (a Senior Counsel) would have said, but the reporters missed that bit!

Disgusting behaviour by the cops.
Regarding this bit from the article quoted above:
"He said therefore the rest of the prosecution case had to be thrown out because he could not assault police or resist arrest if he wasn’t under arrest in the first place."

The reason is actually because the charge is 'assault (or resist) an officer in the execution of duty.'
As soon as they step beyond what they can lawfully do they are no longer acting in the execution of their duty. Which is what his lawyer (a Senior Counsel) would have said, but the reporters missed that bit!
Love it when you go full lawyer and explain it properly.

Brandon Smith comments

Brandon Smith.jpg

Interesting that he was not stood down as the NRL had access to the footage early

OK, I can understand the pinching of his ear to wake him up but standing on his ankle, tasering him, using capsicum spray on him and punching him in the back after he’d been illegally handcuffed; no wonder the cops didn’t want that played in court.

I have no problem with cops using the force necessary to make an arrest but it appears that Scott was simply sleeping off the effects of a big night out and his swipe at having his ear pinched is a natural reaction of a sleeping person, not an assault on the cop. The continued use of what, IMHO, is excess force, is not on.

I reckon his solicitors are going to have a day out going after the cops involved; hopefully “officers“ of this quality are weeded out of the force and prosecuted for their actions.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8