Curtis Scott (and others) - Offseason trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting that he was not stood down as the NRL had access to the footage early
I don't really understand the threshold for no fault stand down? Perhaps this didn't exceed the jail time hurdle? And when did the NRL get the footage? Perhaps they saw this for the joke it was ...

In my very humble opinion it’s “ innocent until proven guilty “ which is common to the legal system , so ****ed if I know what this stand down policy is all about.

Players should be able to play unless found guilty, at which point they are arseholed.

In my very humble opinion it’s “ innocent until proven guilty “ which is common to the legal system , so ****ed if I know what this stand down policy is all about.

Players should be able to play unless found guilty, at which point they are arseholed.

Unless there is compelling clear cut evidence I agree

Or they should have an independent suitably qualified process that is, where possible, transparent (considering legal ramifications etc)

For a multi million dollar enterprise i can not understand why it is so hard.

Forgot to add they are one lawsuit (ala Tezza Hill and the draft) from dropping the whole thing anyway.

If Debellin is found not guilty then (@SeaEagleRock8 jump in here please) then he must have a case especially considering his loss of earnings over potential rep matches etc

Unless there is compelling clear cut evidence I agree

Or they should have an independent suitably qualified process that is, where possible, transparent (considering legal ramifications etc)

For a multi million dollar enterprise i can not understand why it is so hard.

Regrettably trials often take up to a few years. Unavoidable, given the legal processes involved. But the courts have a process of determining risk and probability of guilt when bail applications are determined. The individual still is deemed innocent, but the courts should always be the only institution that determines what action needs to be taken in the interim before trial.

Unfortunately elements of the press, especially the Murdock group, have a propensity for not only reporting the news (which is what they are there for) but also through clever wording implying judgements that it is not their right to make. Many times they get caught out and end up paying compensation for inappropriate commentary. Means nothing to them because they'll make their money off the next story. Unfortunately a gullible public are constantly influenced by this manipulation and we get an almost witch hunt like reaction, petitions and of course sponsors get worried as does the NRL administrators.

Some elements of the Media constantly try to control public perception. The Murdock press is doing that just now against the ABC, trying to influence government policy and budgeting. Its an insidious behaviour that I believe is also causing the knee jerk reactions of the NRL in relation to the No Fault policy. Thing is we must accept that the court is the only authority that should be dealing with these matters and its their determination regarding probability of guilt that influences bail proceedings. No other authority should have any involvement in these matters, otherwise the principle upon which our society is founded is being attacked. Regrettably I think also the courts at times run scared of detrimental reporting and end up being adversely influenced in their judgment on occasions. Welcome to the world of manipulation.

• Clever
Reactions: lsz
Forgot to add they are one lawsuit (ala Tezza Hill and the draft) from dropping the whole thing anyway.

If Debellin is found not guilty then (@SeaEagleRock8 jump in here please) then he must have a case especially considering his loss of earnings over potential rep matches etc
Would be interesting to see. It's not really my area but I would actually be quite surprised if he could sue the NRL. I think he already did challenge the legality of the stand-down policy and lost?
Anyway I think there are others here who'd probably have a better idea than me :)

Would be interesting to see. It's not really my area but I would actually be quite surprised if he could sue the NRL. I think he already did challenge the legality of the stand-down policy and lost?
Anyway I think there are others here who'd probably have a better idea than me :)

giphy.gif

Regrettably trials often take up to a few years. Unavoidable, given the legal processes involved. But the courts have a process of determining risk and probability of guilt when bail applications are determined. The individual still is deemed innocent, but the courts should always be the only institution that determines what action needs to be taken in the interim before trial.

Unfortunately elements of the press, especially the Murdock group, have a propensity for not only reporting the news (which is what they are there for) but also through clever wording implying judgements that it is not their right to make. Many times they get caught out and end up paying compensation for inappropriate commentary. Means nothing to them because they'll make their money off the next story. Unfortunately a gullible public are constantly influenced by this manipulation and we get an almost witch hunt like reaction, petitions and of course sponsors get worried as does the NRL administrators.

Some elements of the Media constantly try to control public perception. The Murdock press is doing that just now against the ABC, trying to influence government policy and budgeting. Its an insidious behaviour that I believe is also causing the knee jerk reactions of the NRL in relation to the No Fault policy. Thing is we must accept that the court is the only authority that should be dealing with these matters and its their determination regarding probability of guilt that influences bail proceedings. No other authority should have any involvement in these matters, otherwise the principle upon which our society is founded is being attacked. Regrettably I think also the courts at times run scared of detrimental reporting and end up being adversely influenced in their judgment on occasions. Welcome to the world of manipulation.
Yes, we are being manipulated, but not just by the media.
The Police Department has an army (possibly 'Force' is a more appropriate word) of PR people who set out to portray the Police in the best possible light. Ever wondered why you so often see footage on TV of Police making 'secret' raids and dramatic arrests?
When it comes to charges being laid the Police love high profile defendants, or relatives of 'celebrities or sportspeople (Usman Khawaja's brother being a perfect example. Had the Police not alerted the media of the family connection then the case would not have been so high profile). At the first court appearance the Police Prosecutor will do all he/she can to gain publicity for the case and himself/herself by making strong allegations. This allows the media to report on what was alleged in court. These allegations could be totally wrong, as was shown in the recent case against the 'Circus family' in the Blue Mountains who were thrown in jail for seven months on false accusations.
As we all know, once allegations are made 99% of the general public believe them because our Police Force is regarded as reputable.

How the hell could he be charged with anything other than being a pissed idiot after looking at that .How could a prosecutor possibly let that go to court ,its un- imaginably preposterous that they thought they had a case.
If that had come out before he went to trial it would be laughed at as a nonsense.
Makes me wonder what the alleged video of the alleged incident with Fainu will show.
Hopefully its just as flimsy a piece of evidence as the Curtis Scott one is ,and if so it should be case dismissed .Ofcourse putting aside the alleged witnesses to the alleged incident

Remaining two charges dismissed after the entire "arrest" was played, including pepper spraying and tasering (which made court jounalist sick):

Nice one cops lol
The police are some of the biggest DOGS ever! The **** they do and get away with... the poor guy was sleeping and they arrested him for nothing! Then while he is handcuffed they get up real close and point blank pepper spray him in his eyes/face... lucky he doesn't have permanent damage to his eyes. Then while he cant see and is clearly in pain they taser him! Smh! These cops should be charged with assault or sacked especially the two the tasered and sprayed him while he was on the ground half asleep drunk and handcuffed... to the nsw police YOU CANTs!

Ps i have been pepper sprayed a life time ago i ****ing kills! It burns so bad trying to open your eyes is the worst. Then you go home and have a shower and it burns all over again :(

There’s a bit of a culture of this sort of thing in the NSW police. I hope he sues them and they get sacked as well. To treat someone like that is disgraceful. Sadly these stories damage the work done by the many honest and hard working cops. The police state attitude in this country needs to stop before we end up like the USA with widespread distrust for the badge. It comes all the way from the top.

There’s a bit of a culture of this sort of thing in the NSW police. I hope he sues them and they get sacked as well. To treat someone like that is disgraceful. Sadly these stories damage the work done by the many honest and hard working cops. The police state attitude in this country needs to stop before we end up like the USA with widespread distrust for the badge. It comes all the way from the top.
Its disgusting seeing someone in such pain all for nothing.. that really pissed me off! Only person id laugh at copping that is sCam @:D @:p@:D

I hear Scott is going for a costs order against the police of about 100K to cover his legal fees. And Biff is right, absolutely those officers should face disciplinary action, if not criminal charges for assault. Don't hold your breath though, disciplining rogue cops is about as easy as suing negligent doctors. They close ranks.

That's disgusting. We'll see if something comes of it. Even if it does we all know that most victims of police brutality are not famous NRL players who are newsworthy and can afford an SC for court. Most people just have to suck it up and move on.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8