Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He even says we know what it does and that it can be quantitatively measured. So therefore it is verifiable and most definitely isn't fantasy.

So not sure what you are trying to argue here.
He states we dont know what it is then squirms and pushes out an answer because he has to. He's clearly struggling. Sure there is evidence of it but its not proven to be true yet has it? Otherwise he'd say yes gravity is..... but he doesn't. If you dont know what something is how can you accurately describe it? I dont know you but i know you exist is what hes saying.. this is atheism 101

I am the first say that I have little knowledge of religion - but Dylan Walker, Marty Taupau and AFB are all refusing to get the flu shot.

So with all the talk today of players now being stood down if they refuse the flu shot, we’d be looking at our starting front row and 5/8th unable to play. How many more twists and turns will we see before May 28!

Gold Coast Titans star Bryce Cartwright is set to be stood down by the NRL as it toughens its stance on vaccination following pressure from the federal government.

Cartwright initially refused to sign a waiver accepting liability for refusing to take the flu shot, however the waiver looks set to become irrelevant with reports suggesting the NRL will adjust its policy to align with Prime Minister Scott Morrison's 'no jab, no play' suggestion.

That would rule Cartwright out indefinitely, and he is not alone, with three Raiders players also refusing the flu shot due to religious beliefs.

However, new reports today suggested Cartwright and fellow objectors may be stood down even if they do sign the waiver as the NRL faces pressure from the government to comply with strict health guidelines if it wants to restart its season.

Nine sports presenter Cameron Williams and Channel 7 rugby league reporter Chris Garry reported the government is going to stand by a “no jab, no play” stance endorsed by Prime Minister Scott Morrison earlier this week.

Such a stand would mean Cartwright and Co. would not be allowed to play if they maintain their objection to receiving a flu shot.

Just get the damn flu shot, you gooses.
It's a no-brainer, if not for yourself, then at least for the good of the game.

In saying that, the NRL is the only organisation I can think of that would stand players down for not getting a flu shot, whilst it is play on if you are accused of assaulting a police officer.

Or even better, character references for drink driving.

The ridiculous-ness of the whole thing is amazing.

So looks like we have three numbnuts that will also get stood down , our starting Props and 5/8.

Mmmm this may not be such a good year after all!!

I believe that the NRL’s sales pitch to the States, and possibly the Commonwealth, was that all the players would be vaccinated against the flu, before a restart of the competition, to allow the restart.

Why didn’t those who are not willing to be vaccinated mention this through the NRLPA before this blew up? I mean, they’ve had plenty of time, the last minute refusal seems a bit self serving.

Why didn’t the NRL ensure that they’d have full compliance before making the statement that the players would all have the flu shot?

IMHO, the players have the right to refuse to be vaccinated but I think they should for both their own health and all of ours. If they choose not too, then I think the NRL will have to stand them down to allow the game to restart.

I heard this morning that QLD was referring the non vaccination of players to their Chief Medical Officer to decide if they’ll still agree to a restart with game day travel over the border. If they say no, then I’d say that they‘re within their rights as a blanket vaccination of players was what they were told would happen and as such they have a right to expect the NRL will deliver on their promise.

Sounds like PV’L might have gotten ahead of himself a bit in his rush to restart the game.

Except that the word you’re looking for is actually ‘drivel’. One of those misheard things that’s made its way into the lexicon thanks to people who talk but don’t read, I guess.
No, I’m well aware of both terms, dribble was my intended word. But thanks just the same.

They'll change their moral tune when the $$$ are at risk of disappearing.

As long as it’s “ no jab no play and no play no pay “ then all good.

But I fear they’ll still be paid and it will just derail either the whole season starting OR our year.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Queensland Chief Health officer says three @NRL players have been stood down because they refused flu shot.

Wants more information before they are reinstated. @7Sport

This thread has been hijacked by the omnipotent mob. Interesting arguments on both sides but I think Paul Simon nailed it in the song the Boxer.
To wit "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Note to myself: Be careful who you might choose to invite to dinner..

They'll change their moral tune when the $$$ are at risk of disappearing.

The missus might just find a few different articles on the interwebby when faced with 5 months of no income ... Btyce, Btycie dear ... come read this article ... it's all good now ... have your jab ..

Natural selection is a wee bit more complex than that - basically, it’s geared solely towards the reproductive success of the species, so there are various ‘flaws’ that aren’t/weren’t removed because they either don’t have any effect on reproductive success, or they don’t cause issues until after the reproductive usefulness of the individual has passed. It’s not as straightforward as ‘good trait lives, bad trait dies’, not even close.
So entropy is in existence in absolutely everything in the universe, as stated clearly in the second law of thermodynamics, except in the progressive construct of living beings. They Somehow become more complexed and intelligent over time. Or perhaps it’s like Richard Dawkins puts it, and we come from aliens who evolved by Darwinian principle in deep space. I myself prefer Neil De Grasse Tyson’s suggestion that we are made of stardust because his good mate Bill Nye the engineer guy supports it.

We can observe the evidence of the law of entropy unfolding In absolutely everything, things declining over time. However, we cannot observe these incredibly amazing beneficial mutations by which species are said to improve. It’s a strange old process of elimination whereby the monkeys become humans and monkeys... but I’m not Neil, Richard or Bill. You need to be a scientist to fully comprehend this stuff. Or at least someone who claims to be a scientist dressed in a bow tie with a degree in motor engineering.

Last edited:
I’ve watched you spout a skip full of ****e on this forum for no discernible reason other than to make you’re self feel important.
The flu kills thousands every year. It usually ends up killing people due to pneumonia that is a complication of the virus.
Maybe this will make sense to you but it probably won’t because you seem to lack any at all.
The argument you’re are putting forward is that mosquitos don’t kill people the malaria virus does. It’s a moot and stupid ducking stance to take.
The fact you’re watching me is a tad creepy... I never claimed that influenza was not a serious issue or that people should not be vaccinated against it. I merely posted a fact from my own experiences in life as to why some might choose not to get the shot. I’m sorry if this offends you mate. Hit ignore if it upsets you so much and toddle on fella...

Last edited:
This will become interesting .... it is fine for the Gov't to call someone a numbnut for being an anti-vaxxer and say no jab .. piss off you goose ... but a different matter for a gov't to persecute people for their religous beliefs ...

Personally I don't see it that way ... but that is the way the numbnuts will try to present it .... for mine .. you may be within your rights to hold whatever religous beliefs you like .. but if your peculiar religous beliefs endanger the health of others and fail to conform with the laws ... then just bugger off ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8