Crusher Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
This is one of those times when Silverchair’s ‘Walking in a Straight line’ sounds even better, as you cruise into work.

Or to paraphrase ELO’s 1979 hit ‘Last train to London’: Here come the ‘Eagles, just heading out...
Except Daniel strains and fails to hit any correct note throughout the song.

Fluffy

Journey Man
A serious question (for those who know more than me...which is not tough)

These guys are legends but habe they been left behind by the modern game? Or can they adapt etc?

I really hope adapt but the last gig and lack of back ending contracts doesn't look positive.

MW66

Reserve Grader

These guys are legends but habe they been left behind by the modern game? Or can they adapt etc?
I think this is a critical question amidst the current groundswell of support. I remember how Des and Crusher left - tried to strip the place bare. If I park this for a moment I also remember Crusher not being the main target of the Dogs (he had an offsider?) and there was constant references to Crusher riding on the coattails of others - all anecdotal I know. I also note he has not had a gig since the Dogs' sacked him - not like he was in demand. Is it a case of last man stanidng for Manly? The game has changed and moved on - has/can Des? While every club laments the "one that got away". the Dogs did let Mitchell, Munster and Cook all go. I will wait and see however Des has a long way to go to erase the memories of petutantly trying to destroy our great club last time he left.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
If I was crusher I'd be parking myself in the middle of the Brisbane comp and try to pinch a few before storm/Broncos do.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des is a hard worker and will earn his redemption. As for crusher an eye for talent is a gift and talent is talent. I’m really excited!

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des has a lot of forgiveness to gain through positive results for our club ..... I think he can ... I certainly hope he does

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Makes me think there was plenty of sabotage this year and Trent was quite right about piss poor support.

Barrett sabotaged his own season through his own dim witted team selections and game plans.He didn't need help from others. Completely out of his depth as a head coach and hopeless in business negotiations. Should of walked back in July but hung around like a bad smell. Lovely to see him blind sided by Penn.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

Yeah this is quite possible and we won't know until well into the season.

However 2 things.

1. We were the worst defensive outfit in the comp. Under Des we were one of the best defensive teams in the comp. He won't settle for poor defence.

2. The team needs a cultural/attitude adjustment. He will get players to buy in, bleed for manly or leave. That Gladstone incident won't happen under Des.

Finally, I think the fans need this. They have felt like the club has ignored them and with des and now crusher back,the fans are excited.

Bencher
I think this is a critical question amidst the current groundswell of support. I remember how Des and Crusher left - tried to strip the place bare. If I park this for a moment I also remember Crusher not being the main target of the Dogs (he had an offsider?) and there was constant references to Crusher riding on the coattails of others - all anecdotal I know. I also note he has not had a gig since the Dogs' sacked him - not like he was in demand. Is it a case of last man stanidng for Manly? The game has changed and moved on - has/can Des? While every club laments the "one that got away". the Dogs did let Mitchell, Munster and Cook all go. I will wait and see however Des has a long way to go to erase the memories of petutantly trying to destroy our great club last time he left.

Des stated in the presser that he had new ideas. We tried to use a "modern game" coach in Barrett, and we all know how that worked out. Lets face it, we are lucky that anyone would want to coach us given the rabble we have become. We wanted some Manly DNA, we got 2, and maybe more to come. It is a great day for us, lets celebrate the little wins.

The Rat Pack is Back!!!

Normie

Bencher

The story at the time was that Dave Warwick was the real target & not Crusher. Those in the know stated that Dave had the eye for the talent & Des tried his hardest to get him over to the Doggies. Time will tell.........

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Des is a hard worker and will earn his redemption. As for crusher an eye for talent is a gift and talent is talent. I’m really excited!
We have no money to buy established NRL stars, so it's up to Crusher to unearth a few regional diamonds :nod:

giphy.gif

Fluffy

Journey Man
Barrett sabotaged his own season through his own dim witted team selections and game plans.He didn't need help from others. Completely out of his depth as a head coach and hopeless in business negotiations. Should of walked back in July but hung around like a bad smell. Lovely to see him blind sided by Penn.

hmmm so basically you are a cut you nose off to spite your face kind of person

KNUCKLES

Bencher

U only have to look at Bennett to see anything is possible. He made a gf a few years back and still manages to ruffle some feathers in final series every year

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Small bit of 'poor baz' lurking about in these posts. you all know who you are so please just start a " i want to still root Baz" thread and get the man love or lady love for that matter all dried up before next year....

Des may be the man to reignite the MANLY DNA or he may not but one things for sure. He will lay the foundations of a rebuild at the least. Something Twenty was incapable of doing...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12