Crowd Numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember when Larissa used to speak with us regularly, and we had the same complaint, she swore that the numbers were legit.

Roll call next time?

Last edited:
Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch can raise this issue at the next Members' Council meeting.
Surely its more than a coincidence so many of us agree on crowd numbers and irritating being accused of poor crowds when actually they're not.
This.

It surely can't be good for us as a club to continually post low.
Especially that low.
The 10,000 crowd figure was as unrealistic as the rorters post up.
Seriously give this rubbish away...

I was there also. I usually check the concentration of fans at the ends of the hill to judge the crowd size as this area normally fills up last.
When this is sparse, it's normally a 10K crowd.

But it was pretty crowded down at the ends yesterday.

I would have put the crowd at about 12-13K. I find 10,700 very hard to believe.

I have only seen highlights, but the crowd numbers looked about right. Plenty of green patches on the hill (and not just the police -enforced clear corridors), which is always a good indicator; plus there seemed to be plenty of spare seats in the JT, another good indicator.

In short, put the tinfoil away.

Sorry guys but your stats are out! On the Ovation of the Seas near Hawaii and there are 4800 people who were hearing me cheer as we won last night! Think I got insulted by at least half, but they heard the game! So many Manly people on board, we did a line dance of at least 300 at one point through the night club. The entertainment Manger ran a tab for us later in the night whilst we replayed the tries!

If our ground capacity these days sits around 18,000 people, i'd like to know where the other 8,000 people were supposed to sit yesterday. Or indeed if it is around 20,000 it would've been half full by our count.

Maybe as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, there may have been quite a few get in for free for ANZAC round and therefore not counted. That would then seem like a legit number.

The people like gift who entered at the dressing room area wouldn’t get counted
Manly real crowd found under the Stands
giphy.gif

Some of the gates could be faulty and not report to the system of how many people have walked through a particular gate.

Is it fair to say that the opposition may have kept the numbers down a touch as well? Not from a manly fan attendance point of view but rather raiders fans attending. If it was a Sydney club playing there would surely be more of their away supporters right?

Is it fair to say that the opposition may have kept the numbers down a touch as well? Not from a manly fan attendance point of view but rather raiders fans attending. If it was a Sydney club playing there would surely be more of their away supporters right?

Only two games, Chooks/St Merge and Penrith/Souffs, saw teams from the same city facing each other. And they were two of the four FTA televised games in the round. Every other game involved teams from different states, cities or indeed in one case a different country, playing each other.

The total capacity for the venues used in Rd.7 was 304,000 while total attendance was 149,072 which is 49.03% of the capacity (the AFL's for Anzac round was 72% filled). The best attendance to capacity percentage was for Chooks vs St Merge on Anzac Day which saw 80% of the SCG filled. The worst was on Friday evening when only 8% of ANZ was filled for the Dogs vs Cows. Manly vs Canberra filled 46.54% of Brookvale. We had the 3rd lowest percentage for the round.

Only two games, Chooks/St Merge and Penrith/Souffs, saw teams from the same city facing each other. And they were two of the four FTA televised games in the round. Every other game involved teams from different states, cities or indeed in one case a different country, playing each other.

The total capacity for the venues used in Rd.7 was 304,000 while total attendance was 149,072 which is 49.03% of the capacity (the AFL's for Anzac round was 72% filled). The best attendance to capacity percentage was for Chooks vs St Merge on Anzac Day which saw 80% of the SCG filled. The worst was on Friday evening when only 8% of ANZ was filled for the Dogs vs Cows. Manly vs Canberra filled 46.54% of Brookvale. We had the 3rd lowest percentage for the round.

So you're saying that Brookie with 10,700 is less than half full?

Seriously there is no way that Brookie would be allowed to hold more than 20k these days, surely?
46% would make it around the 23k mark wouldn't it?
And no, I'm not calling you Shirley!

So you're saying that Brookie with 10,700 is less than half full?

Seriously there is no way that Brookie would be allowed to hold more than 20k these days, surely?
46% would make it around the 23k mark wouldn't it?
And no, I'm not calling you Shirley!

Officially Brookvale's capacity is 23,000 (I got that from the club, not just Wikipedia). In reality it probably holds about 21,000 at best these days, and that's bulging.

Officially Brookvale's capacity is 23,000 (I got that from the club, not just Wikipedia). In reality it probably holds about 21,000 at best these days, and that's bulging.
If we got 21,000 it would be posted at 13,000.
Looking at it on Saturday I have no idea where the other 10 1/2 thousand would've sat...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10