Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross Forum Discussion [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
J_P - nzwarriors.com

Broncos having a clean out

They already have .. 9 of their ex-players are playing SOO this weekend ... Haaahaaahabbaa

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

3558.jpg
globaleagle - silvertails.net

Are we having a cross forum for SOO II?

Or are passions too high for that one?

@Dan

I think replace high with low. The feeling I get on our boards is nowhere near as many as usual are really all that overly interested in it. The state of the game and Broncos has made a lot of us not really care about league this year and Vlandys is killing the game. I for one will not watch another non-Broncos game until the amateurish spontaneous rule changes and incompetence is either reduced or preferably gone.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
The stampede fellas have gone a bit quiet these past few weeks , are they still doing the cross chat or was the combined Manly Blues of 100 to 24, 1/2 of which was in Townsville still have them shell shocked.

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg
Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

Gordie is furious.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
J_P - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,145

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
J_P - nzwarriors.com

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

J_P - nzwarriors.com

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night .
Is it an Aussie thing? .

Work nights = people being in front of the telly.

Friday and saturday night = people going out for dinner/ drinks (and not in front of a telly).

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Television ratings might be a higher priority than having bums on seats inside a stadium.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

Previously Tom

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

Previously Tom
Kids kicking the footy in the streets.

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
1947.jpg
Caniffe - broncoshq.com

View attachment 13677
Titans on the Manly try line, he spent the whole set actively avoiding the ball and hiding out in centre. Ball goes back off a bad pass, everyone runs back while he just casually walks back.

I don't think there's any better options so he still makes it but I'd be happy for him to miss out too.
Is that Fifi? Looks like Peachey

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
10074.jpg
Galah - broncoshq.com

They never think about the long game, always the pocket not realising that by doing what they’re doing it’s shutting on the fans which in turn will eventually hit them in the pockets.

the irony

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
J_P - nzwarriors.com

Monday after GF is a public holiday in Straya.
Edit just looked it up and it's only in NSW, ACT and SA

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

I used to hate going to work on a Monday and everybody is dissecting the round of footy results, yet my own team was yet to play in the round.

Then win, lose or draw, the game is over and the next round feels like it arrives straight away.

BroncosHQ.com

Journey Man
8311.jpg
Harry Sack - broncoshq.com

They never think about the long game, always the pocket not realising that by doing what they’re doing it’s shutting on the fans which in turn will eventually hit them in the pockets.

the irony

Typo or for the benefit of our Kiwi brethren?

memberawards2017-harrycombined-png.2055

NZWarriors.com

First Grader
J_P - nzwarriors.com

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

Also Friday sat nights don't cause issues for rugby finals matches or major boxing fights ratings.
Also the 2 times the warriors made it to the Grand final i watched it at a mates house even though it was on a Sunday.
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up

Isn't that normal for a Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Cowboys Stampede

Reserve Grader
1133.jpg

J_P - nzwarriors.com

Also Friday sat nights don't cause issues for rugby finals matches or major boxing fights ratings.
Also the 2 times the warriors made it to the Grand final i watched it at a mates house even though it was on a Sunday.
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up.

What about the Auckland 9s...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14