Cronk to Rorters done deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a big Cronk fan, but the way he played in the first World Cup match has me wondering if he's over-the-hill. Certainly he isn't going to be able to reproduce the form his showed at the Storm.
This could be a costly mistake by Easts.
On another Easts rumour: A friend who is well connected to Easts and the NRL, says Money Bill will be in the Easts team in 2019. Obviously they can afford him.
he's been on the decline for years now Pearce is probably better at club level and dce has been better for years just needed help ie green as cronk has Smith Billy munster

He has benefited greatly playing behind the best (imo) pack in the NRL and a team that has maintained the same players for many years, very solid base to play behind....then add Smith who I don't like any more than other Manly supporters, but is light years ahead the best hooker in the game today....maybe ever??
Has the quickest wingers with great leaps to take advantage of and a good running foil in Munster who is pretty handy....add Billy Slater (another fan favourite) who makes more off the ball runs than any player in the game and is always putting himself in scoring positions - Cronk has had many benefits.
Again - not a Storm fan, but Bellamy has proven he gets the Absolute best out of players and his teams always win the ruck and gain superior field position, a great benefit for a halfback.
I also think at 33 its a big test in his twilight and going to a new club with different structures and FAR more inconsistency is not Cronks style....
As the ONLY Storm player I have time for, this is not a bagfest....simply an opinion.
This bloke works hard for everything he gets and is an example of a bloke who busted his guts to be the player he is.
Like my opinion of the Storm - I hate Roosters....but actually think this bloke is a good genuine bloke so wish him well....but not convinced he will look near as good in Roosters colours in 2018...time will tell.

Mason nailed it on his podcast.

This has more to do with Politis getting what he wants than anything else.

They are shooting themselves in the foot over this signing, especially if it costs them their hooker, who is one of the best in the game I will ad.

He will transform them from an occasional juggernaut/occasional slipshod rabble to a grand final team. No doubt in my mind, but time will tell of course. Politis has lost patience with Pearce, that much is obvious. Might end up paying off for Manly, in an odd twist of fate.

Agree with Maxta on this. I think it will be tough going for Cronk. Less protection from the forwards, less time on the ball, lower quality wings to kick to, and having to start all over again at 35 with new spine combinations whereas with Smith and Slater they knew each other's positioning without looking over a decade. Can't help but feel the Roosters have shot themselves not once, but twice in the foot on this call for just 2 years of service.

Napa and jwh cost the roosters a title this year. Cronk wont change that.
Pearce does seem to go missing in big games though.

He has benefited greatly playing behind the best (imo) pack in the NRL and a team that has maintained the same players for many years, very solid base to play behind....then add Smith who I don't like any more than other Manly supporters, but is light years ahead the best hooker in the game today....maybe ever??
Has the quickest wingers with great leaps to take advantage of and a good running foil in Munster who is pretty handy....add Billy Slater (another fan favourite) who makes more off the ball runs than any player in the game and is always putting himself in scoring positions - Cronk has had many benefits.
Again - not a Storm fan, but Bellamy has proven he gets the Absolute best out of players and his teams always win the ruck and gain superior field position, a great benefit for a halfback.
I also think at 33 its a big test in his twilight and going to a new club with different structures and FAR more inconsistency is not Cronks style....
As the ONLY Storm player I have time for, this is not a bagfest....simply an opinion.
This bloke works hard for everything he gets and is an example of a bloke who busted his guts to be the player he is.
Like my opinion of the Storm - I hate Roosters....but actually think this bloke is a good genuine bloke so wish him well....but not convinced he will look near as good in Roosters colours in 2018...time will tell.

Pretty much agree with everything you said mate.

Interesting when the talk about Smith and Slater being future immortal's (I know, Billy and immortal shouldn't be in the same sentence), Cronk never grabs a mention but he is the glue that holds the Storm and Qld teams together year after year.

If pearce is serious about staying at the roosters the easiest route would be to drive a wedge between Cronk and Tara Rushton.

Every article says that Cronk wants to come to Sydney for Tara.

How about planting a few panties in Cronk’s room, or get the pussycat dolls to leave sassy messages on his phone?

It would be diabolically simple, and fun, for Mitchell to engineer this.

I actually quite like Cronk (the only Storm player). He's never gone on like a tosser in the mould of Slater or Smith.

I think he is a quality player, but this is the ultimate test. The Storm have molded a team and structure for 10 years......not how it works at the Roosters. The Roosters will also be demanding this brings them a premiership. If it doesn't.............

Easts were 1 win from a GF spot. Pearce has won a GF with them before. The signing of Cronk makes no sense at all to me. Oh well hopefully it will benefit us by Mitchell coming to Manly.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8