Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The good thing for Froggy this year is that he's been able to nail done one spot. In the past he's been a 5/8, halfback and backup hooker. This year with Foz back and keeping fit, plus Shoe in the side, Frog has been able to concentrate on just playing at hooker and its worked for him. He really has become that Matt Ballin, rock solid type player. Not flashy like Cheese or Cook, just quietly goes about his work which is defense in the middle and giving good service from dummy half.

He's done the job a lot better than I thought he would and last week showed that he is no small loss when not out there. He is as important to the success of the team as Turbo, DCE or anyone.

Next week will be interesting for him up against the current NSW and Kangaroos hooker Damien Cook. Frog is not the runner Cook is, but his defense is probably a bit better and his service from dummy half has become equally as good.

Yeah you really notice his defence and that pass to Daly for the Harper try was clever short side play...the best thing about him is he pulls the right reign 99% of the time.

I’d happily see Manase released. Croker is a really head strong guy with a great temperament. No garbage going on with gangsta crap either.
He just goes about his work so well, never flustered or tired and gives nothing away to the opposition, perfect !!

The good thing for Froggy this year is that he's been able to nail done one spot. In the past he's been a 5/8, halfback and backup hooker. This year with Foz back and keeping fit, plus Shoe in the side, Frog has been able to concentrate on just playing at hooker and its worked for him. He really has become that Matt Ballin, rock solid type player. Not flashy like Cheese or Cook, just quietly goes about his work which is defense in the middle and giving good service from dummy half.

He's done the job a lot better than I thought he would and last week showed that he is no small loss when not out there. He is as important to the success of the team as Turbo, DCE or anyone.

Next week will be interesting for him up against the current NSW and Kangaroos hooker Damien Cook. Frog is not the runner Cook is, but his defense is probably a bit better and his service from dummy half has become equally as good.
Spot on. He’s a real unsung hero. Some of his defence in the middle belies his weight, he hits like Jake.

The difference between last week and this. Is Croker. Is he now in the top 4 hookers in the game?
No

The difference is the best team in the comp (storm) v the chooks (injury depleted)

He is a good player and so crucial to our side but realistically no where near top 4 hooker in the comp on ability.

Maybe up there on form for arguments sake

Am I right in saying he is still unsigned? Get it done Des! He should have been signed 3 months ago!
No mate, he's good to go for the next few years! Was announced with Harper and Garrick I believe.

He is without a doubt the most improved player in this squad and a critical element of our team for this prelim.

His service out of dummy half is superb, particularly if you look at that short size raid with DCE - He served it up on a platter for him in the blink of an eye.

I knew last week when he was ruled out v Melb we were in for it. He’s the cog that keeps the other parts turning. Forwards were into the ball better, we were in better positions on the field and he near on always chooses the right option. His D is second to none and up there with the best 9s. I was happy to give Croker a go in 9 and see how he went. He was always tenacious and seems well liked in the group. I doubt anybody would have foreseen his development this year and value in the team. I’d argue hes perhaps the most important player in the side behind Tom, Dce and maybe Jake.

No

The difference is the best team in the comp (storm) v the chooks (injury depleted)

He is a good player and so crucial to our side but realistically no where near top 4 hooker in the comp on ability.

Maybe up there on form for arguments sake
Interesting to see your hooker ratings 1 to 18

I knew last week when he was ruled out v Melb we were in for it. He’s the cog that keeps the other parts turning. Forwards were into the ball better, we were in better positions on the field and he near on always chooses the right option. His D is second to none and up there with the best 9s. I was happy to give Croker a go in 9 and see how he went. He was always tenacious and seems well liked in the group. I doubt anybody would have foreseen his development this year and value in the team. I’d argue hes perhaps the most important player in the side behind Tom, Dce and maybe Jake.
Fully agree, and who'd of thought we don't need a running No 9, he leaves that to tom and others, he didn't have a run last night, made no mts. but who cares, would still be nice to bring on Fainu for his different style of play and give frog a break.

He literallly is our Matt Ballin aye
i agree, I made that comparison about 6 weeks back ... as solid as a rock , actually a month ago - "I agree ... but Croker can't be left out of talks around our middle defence ... he has been a rock ... a Matt Ballin"

Last edited:
Yeah you really notice his defence and that pass to Daly for the Harper try was clever short side play...the best thing about him is he pulls the right reign 99% of the time.

I’d happily see Manase released. Croker is a really head strong guy with a great temperament. No garbage going on with gangsta crap either.
I agree with you I always notice Crokers defence but rarely notice him during attacking raids, and that’s what you want because we have plenty of attacking strike. His service is so crisp and consistent he forms the core of the engine.

I’m a big fan and he is as important as Ballin was in our 2008 and 2011 runs.

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8