Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Is it too early in the year to call how good a player is after a few competent performances ?
In my opinion he's been more than just good pretty much all year. He was slow out of the blocks but his last 6 weeks have been very good. Remember most were predicting him to be useless so I'd say its fair to say those people already have agg on their face

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
@BOZO ... the truly ironic thing is ... that if ever two blokes personified the endless "Gung Ho" motivational memes from dead people you have literally plastered the pages of Silvertails with ad nauseam ... you know .. the ones about effort, determination, never saying die, never quitting, etc etc ... it is Croker and Parker .. I would have thought reading all your mantras ... that they would be your most admired ...

And yet they are the first, and constant targets of your abuse, distain and disrespect, simply because they are not as good as you would wish them to be ...

Our New Zealand signing guy sounds very good . He has a complete game I hear
Do you know much about him ?
I rate him and think the new rules will suit him. He is fast and has a great running game. Id put Cust to 5/8 to cover Foz and bring Lawton off the bench when he is fit (in a couple weeks)
When Foz comes back Des will have a tough choice to make with Lawton and Cust.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
What have my mates got to do with it?

What have your mates achieved since 2017?

My mate Walker has achieved in his playing career much more than your mate Parker has the ability to ever achieve and dream of feathered friend :)

I rate him and think the new rules will suit him. He is fast and has a great running game. Id put Cust to 5/8 to cover Foz and bring Lawton off the bench when he is fit (in a couple weeks)
Early Foran prognosis was 3 weeks...he may only miss the Parra game as we have the bye after it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
@BOZO ... the truly ironic thing is ... that if ever two blokes personified the endless "Gung Ho" motivational memes from dead people you have literally plastered the pages of Silvertails with ad nauseam ... you know .. the ones about effort, determination, never saying die, never quitting, etc etc ... it is Croker and Parker .. I would have thought reading all your mantras ... that they would be your most admired ...

And yet they are the first, and constant targets of your abuse, distain and disrespect, simply because they are not as good as you would wish them to be ...
My mantra is

Any one can try hard
But only the competent ones can score tries

My passion is for Manly to be great again

47MVEagle

Bencher
My mate Walker has achieved in his playing career much more than your mate Parker has the ability to ever achieve and dream of feathered friend :)
Oh okay.

Awesome, maybe one day, when Walker stops getting into trouble with the law, & recovers from all of his injuries (self-inflicted & on field), & gets to play his best position (based on his season 5 years ago) he'll show us if he's still capable of what he was capable of 5 years ago.

Until then I'm happy for a good bloke, local junior & solid defender to be playing in our team instead of him.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think he lacks creativity and fines like most of the better 9's do

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
My mantra is

Any one can try hard
But only the competent ones can score tries

My passion is for Manly to be great again

That's wonderful ... I wish we had 17 International and future Immortals ... but ..

My point was about respect, or the lack of it ... not talent!

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
He is a super tough competitor and I hope he remains no.14 when Manase comes back.
You mean 'if'... I don't think anyone here knows how that situation will play out.

Both Croker and Cust looked good last night so I am coming around to keeping them both in rotation.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That's wonderful ... I wish we had 17 International and future Immortals ... but ..

My point was about respect, or the lack of it ... not talent!
Most premiership teams do not have a full squad of international rep players
All Premiership winning teams have players that are of high capabilities

This is why teams have rebuilds to build on their weaknesses

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Until then I'm happy for a good bloke, local junior & solid defender to be playing in our team instead of him.
I am happy for a back that is capable of scoring tries , setting up try assists and making line breaks . Because that is what makes a more dominant Manly

To me it is all about Manly !!!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Most premiership teams do not have a full squad of international rep players
All Premiership winning teams have players that are of high capabilities

This is why teams have rebuilds to build on their weaknesses

What does that have to do with the notion of respect that we are talking about ??????

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You mean 'if'... I don't think anyone here knows how that situation will play out.

Both Croker and Cust looked good last night so I am coming around to keeping them both in rotation.
We played a struggling bottom of the table team last night where there coach labelled them as soft and their worst effort of the year .

Plenty of more games against the more dominant teams to see how consistently players can perform against the best

Beating the mediocre teams does not make us great

eaglebuzz

Bencher
In my opinion he's been more than just good pretty much all year. He was slow out of the blocks but his last 6 weeks have been very good. Remember most were predicting him to be useless so I'd say its fair to say those people already have agg on their face
He has done everything he has needed to since Turbo came back, but he is still probably the third best hooker at the club. It's Fainu > Daylight > Lawton/Croker

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16