Croker - Honest opinions need apply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

double hoops

First Grader
I liked how much he touched the ball and crontrolled the left edge early in the Eels game. Certainly appears to play well above his weight in defence.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Agree. It's Croker's kicking game that I would like to see develop further.. If you consider our stats for metres gained on kicks we are languishing at the very bottom. I know it's only 2 rounds in but that is an area we could improve on and where Croker could prove beneficial.

Who needs kicking metres when you are busy scoring tries all day?

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He played well behind a very dominant pack. He is a solid performer who with a bit of luck injury wise will be a successful first grade player. From what I have seen he is a gutsy defender and developing his game with the ball. I hope his game keeps growing each week. Go Manly.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Wow! What do you want from a third gamer. Is your pride so great that you can’t recognise he had a good game?!?!?

He scored a fantastic try and laid on an awesome one for afb. Provided great service and defended well. Does he need a hat trick and 6 try assists for you to consider it a good game?
No pride . Just my opinion and just like you have an opinion that our Legend Toovey cant coach . Should I carry on like a pork chop and say what a @#%& you ere .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He played well behind a very dominant pack. He is a solid performer who with a bit of luck injury wise will be a successful first grade player. From what I have seen he is a gutsy defender and developing his game with the ball. I hope his game keeps growing each week. Go Manly.
Well said , He is developing and to what extend he will develop we will find out . He also needs a competent kicking game . There are posters on here that think Toovey cant coach and after one satisfactory game by Croker they consider him a marquee player and Kelly the next Matai .
Opinions are like ass holes and he all have one and we don't have to make ass holes of our selves by carrying on just because some one has a different view
main-qimg-2824915c76a524ad803bbb457b3c7289.png

lurker

Beaver lover
No pride . Just my opinion and just like you have an opinion that our Legend Toovey cant coach . Should I carry on like a pork chop and say what a @#%& you ere .
That's a bit much mate. I criticised your pride and your opinion. I wasn't having personal digs at you or resorting to child like name calling

Ryan

Journey Man
Well said , He is developing and to what extend he will develop we will find out . He also needs a competent kicking game . There are posters on here that think Toovey cant coach and after one satisfactory game by Croker they consider him a marquee player and Kelly the next Matai .
Opinions are like ass holes and he all have one and we don't have to make ass holes of our selves by carrying on just because some one has a different view
View attachment 7848
Mate, is that you in your picture? I swear I've seen you somewhere before:

Were you, too sexy for a shirt, too sexy for a shirt, so sexy it huuuuuurt?

Right-Said-Fred-872333.jpg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That's a bit much mate. I criticised your pride and your opinion. I wasn't having personal digs at you or resorting to child like name calling
Its hard to communicate sometimes with posts and we take things different to what we are trying to say . All good I don't carry grudges and I am not to proud to say sorry . At the end of the day after we have our say on here we are all on the same side and we support our mighty Sea eagles . Its Rabbit season and time focus now on the rabbits ;)
Elmerfudd.jpg

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
Presently leading the NRL in handling errors.

If he is as tough as they say, getting a rest in Reggies ought to do him a world of good. He will come back stronger for it.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was there live, and won't be watching any replay, but I believe he put a try saving HIT on Chrichton early in the first half. And it was a cracking shot.

That alone is a step up from Green.

Most blokes can learn to kick, set plays, etc.
But you can't teach them to love the contact like Crocker obviously does.

I would hope the club backs him in for 2 months more, at least.

I was there live, and won't be watching any replay, but I believe he put a try saving HIT on Chrichton early in the first half. And it was a cracking shot.

That alone is a step up from Green.

Most blokes can learn to kick, set plays, etc.
But you can't teach them to love the contact like Crocker obviously does.

I would hope the club backs him in for 2 months more, at least.
I agree he's a great defender.. But that's not what's worrying. It's his lack of direction and arsenal in attack. We had plenty of possession and only 6 points to show for it. He may have made a try saving tackle but in the outcome of the game the score would have been 40—6. Let him learn to kick and practise set plays in the reggies like every one else. Once he's learned it he should be ready for first grade. If Hastings wasn't in the team and playing well, I would be sticking with Croker as we have no choice. But the point is we do have a choice and we should be brave enough to make those obvious changes.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is my sausage roll eating keyboard assessment of what Iv'e seen so far:
(The term average is the pass mark at my first grade standards;

Croker
Defence Above average - Strong defender tick
Passing Average overall - Allthough bad against
Souths tick
Short kickickung Below average - Not may repat sets and
try assist so No tick
Long kicking game Average - No 40/20's yet but tick
Attacking flair Below average - No signs of blindg speed
not many tackle busts No tick
Backing up Above average - Nice try against parra so tick
game management Below average - A huge and perhaps unfair
responsibility on a young guy
who has played very few
first grade games No tick
So that 4 out of 7 important facets of a half's skill set.

Hastings
defence Average - Works hard but not as strong
as Coker but its still a tick
Passing Above average - Give excellent delivery tick
Short kicking Above average - Nice try assist against
Parra and did that well
at rorters tick
Long kicking Below average - Not a noted long kicker No tick
Attacking flair Average - Can make breaks although
not lightening fast tick
Backing up Above average - Backs up well tick
Game management Average - has experience at 1st grade
level and looked good in
reggies this year so tick
Thats 6 out ot 7 ticks.

So both first grade standard footballers but Hastings would be my first choice. Crocker will get there but should be spending some time in reggies just like Tom Wright.

Last edited:

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I look at this game where Souths outside backs were scoring tries and looked ordinary games 1 & 2.
Comes back to the Manly forwards getting shut down where Souths won the contacts, tempo , that set up 2nd phase play and extra time for the backs.
Games like this are tough to judge because even key players Turbo and DCE were quiet as mice....why....lost badly up front and could not find the energy to get out of it.

I look at this game where Souths outside backs were scoring tries and looked ordinary games 1 & 2.
Comes back to the Manly forwards getting shut down where Souths won the contacts, tempo , that set up 2nd phase play and extra time for the backs.
Games like this are tough to judge because even key players Turbo and DCE were quiet as mice....why....lost badly up front and could not find the energy to get out of it.
I agree that our forwards were shut down effectively but we did get opportunities in Souffs defensive courter and we were rudderless. Poor /ineffective attacking options. It's as if they shat themselves. Dissappointing effort across the park (except for Parker)

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I agree that our forwards were shut down effectively but we did get opportunities in Souffs defensive courter and we were rudderless. Poor /ineffective attacking options. It's as if they shat themselves. Dissappointing effort across the park (except for Parker)
Do agree mate and certainly not going to pretend Croker done well with attacking options....was ordinary like the rest and the entire team hopefully learn of this reality check not every team will turn up soft like Eels.
Good call on Parker too, felt he had a dig.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18
15 7 7 28 17