• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think DAVOHAN123 puts in writing what most of us think, this is the worst Manly side in many many years, it's embarrassing and depressing, there's seemingly nothing to hold out hope for, I for one am looking forward to the off season, at least for six months I can dream of possibilities, what we're being served up is crap, all sides get injuries but at least the players have a dig, not the majority of this lot!!

The side is ****ing fine

The coach couldn't have won a game as coach of the invincibles

Michael Clarke's dog would be better

Hodkinson is better than what he is showing, or allowed to show. Part of the problem as I see it is that Barrett basically has him playing the same way he had Croker playing. Being nothing more than a hand-off passer to an ambling forward which is very predictable to read for the defence. Plus the occasional kick.

Realistically, Hodko needs to be given control of the team on the field and the responsibility taken from DCE which would free up Cherry to play his more natural style.

The club gave this bum (talking football not as a man) not only this season but next **** me.
I was never happy about his signing and when I posted how utterly SH1T the signing would be, people disagreed because Nsw jagged an Origin series with him at halfback and DCE needed a seven who could control the game. We were at our best for three weeks with Walker at six because he played direct and put the defence in two minds. How’s it looking now for those who insisted Hodkinson was the answer? When Walker comes back he gets the spot... we looked awesome in the three matches when he played there. Should have beaten the Rorters, and spanked the Broncos and Storm away.

From the starting 17 you have three acl injuries. We missed out on Pearce and were banking on him until his dad said don't sign. Uate and Tafua can't score from or catch bombs and people wonder why all our attack is in the middle. Korisau gives first grade defence and scoots from dummy half but never asks any question of the markers. This makes the first receiver a target every time. The forward pack is world class. Lane is playing great, tapau and afb I wouldn't swap for any props in the comp and jake is a freak. Drop a quality ball player in at nine and the team fires. API is a bench impact player he is not smart enough or clever enough to control the game and controlling the game comes from the nine now days.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
From the starting 17 you have three acl injuries. We missed out on Pearce and were banking on him until his dad said don't sign. Uate and Tafua can't score from or catch bombs and people wonder why all our attack is in the middle. Korisau gives first grade defence and scoots from dummy half but never asks any question of the markers. This makes the first receiver a target every time. The forward pack is world class. Lane is playing great, tapau and afb I wouldn't swap for any props in the comp and jake is a freak. Drop a quality ball player in at nine and the team fires. API is a bench impact player he is not smart enough or clever enough to control the game and controlling the game comes from the nine now days.
Bull****

Api is our attack
Hodko isn't doing his job which is organising
DCE needs an organizer in order to flay the opposition

How can i remain optimistic now huh?

We have the two worst halves in the comp at the moment. We bought Hodkinson to improve DCEs game, but now Cherry has forgotten how to play. Why cant Hodkinson tackle anymore? Why cant he kick? We bought a dud. Carney is way more skillful.

We will get the spoon most likely. Maybe we need to hit absolute rock bottom for things to change.

If it wasn't for Parkers brilliant defence yesterday we would have conceded 2-3 more tries. Its just a shame that he always falls over when he runs in attack.

The side is ****ing fine

The coach couldn't have won a game as coach of the invincibles

Michael Clarke's dog would be better
I beg to differ Clarkes dog is a scrawny runt
images

There are a number of theories as to why we are struggling at present. Injuries, salary cap scandal, lack of depth, poor coach, poor game plans, DCE's lack of leadership, DCE's inability to game manage, and the list goes on.

Personally, I think the issue is Barrett's inability to get his team up "mentally" for the contest week in, week out. I think that is single handedly the biggest issue. We have a pretty decent roster and are no worse for injuries than the ladder leading Panthers (who have arguably had a tougher time than Manly with injuries). You could argue they have more depth, but they keep tossing up no-name players who become overnight sensations, which appears as depth because they are getting the job done.

I cannot remember (even during wins last year and the couple of wins we strung together last month) a time when our team came out like they were possessed...and I mean ANGRY and bruising in defence. The games we have won over the last couple of years have happened when we get a good start, the bounce of the ball goes our way and we ride the wave of momentum. Never do we grab that momentum from our own doing. We are asleep at the wheel most of the time.

This problem was evident last year but because of Green's game management, we got away with it more often...

There are a heap of things that stop you being a premiership threat, like roster/cap issues and injuries, but nothing should stop you being competitive week in/week out in the NRL except for a lack of effort. Maybe Barrett can see this team trying, but I see a pretty lazy group who are last to dive on a loose ball and never sting in defence.

Fix this effort area and we might start competing in games. We need to be desperate and I am just not seeing it with this group. Actually I saw it once last year at Brookie in rd.26 when we had to win to make the semi-finals. That's how this team should be playing every week.

I agree with that snake, I think it all comes back to urgency and attitude for this team.

Our line speed is horrible, coming up staggered and absolutely no venom in the tackles. Our hit ups, whilst making metres are the grinding, struggling type of hit up, not the finding the front and fast play the ball type, which are critical. Our attack has no depth and no shape at all. Our support of the ball runner is terrible and our decoys are basically non existent. These are team issues and should be able to be addressed.. We have many players with individual faults too.

Hodkinson is hopeless, grubbed kicks to touch on attack, arm grabbing in defence

Parker. Can't stay on his feet in attack or defence. Offers nothing really

Dce - just hopeless at the moment. Needs to simplify his game and concentrate on running direct and simple but effective ball playing

Thompson- just average.

Uate. Beyond terrible.

A lot of players playing well below their ability and not appearing to care

I'm so dissapointed in them. Hopefully this bye weekend eill give em time to reflect and salvage something out of a ****e season

Manly have been a mentally weak momentum swing flat wicket performers for quite some time, a lack of older hardened experience in the ranks is one of the issues.

Look at the Storm how their performances are starting to be more inconsistent especially when Smith is not playing, but then again they still tend to put in effort wise and offer numbers in support pushing up with forwards.

Young coach, young squad, lacking hard heads and experience on and off the field, over 3 years Manly still haven't locked in a halves combination, salary cap issues, players with flaws in their games and mindsets,poor structures and game analysis-----a multitude of reasons why Manly look terrible.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6