Craig Fields King Hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Check out this fad in the USA. It's a game called knock out, and bored teens just randomly smash some innocent person with the aim to knock them out.

Strange society we live in.

http://www.news.com.au/world/knockout-game-is-killing-innocent-civilians/story-fndir2ev-1226762987768

1969 said:
Check out this fad in the USA. It's a game called knock out, and bored teens just randomly smash some innocent person with the aim to knock them out.

Strange society we live in.

http://www.news.com.au/world/knockout-game-is-killing-innocent-civilians/story-fndir2ev-1226762987768

WOW! That is the most gutless, pathetic, sh1tp0t thing I've ever heard of. What a cowardly, wanker thing to do.

With all the full contact fighting sports to choose from - boxing, UFC, kick boxing etc, to resort to this crap is idiotic. It is almost beyond belief that anyone would find this funny.

Society is crumbling much faster than we all think.

Stevo said:
It's not our society. We don't live in NY
It could become our society. Our kids follow anything they see happening in the US. That's why teenage boys wear flat top caps, their jeans underneath their bums and listen to that crap music where every second line is mother f***er.

niccipops said:
Stevo said:
It could become our society. Our kids follow anything they see happening in the US. That's why teenage boys wear flat top caps, their jeans underneath their bums and listen to that crap music where every second line is mother f***er.

What kind of bogans do you hang around with?

I just spent a week in New York and it is the safest town or city I have been in for years.

No problems walking around with Mrs Dylan at 3.00am. rode the subways after midnight.

Wouldn't have attempted it when I was last there 20 years ago, certainly wouldn't try it in George street, the Corso, or the Main Street of Wagga Wagga these days.

New Yorkers don't tolerate this crap these days.

Got to agree Bob, but I think some of the results come from the 'stop and search' policy of the NYPD. Targeting black and Hispanic males. With the change of Mayor recently I don't think this racist policy will survive. While we're over there, just stay out of the Chicago South side, murder capital of the US currently.

Stevo said:
niccipops said:
Stevo said:

What kind of bogans do you hang around with?
Lol. A wide variety. I'm a teacher.

I also forgot to mention that I live in Sunnyvale and have dated both Frankie and Dazza.:p

FORMER NRL star Craig Field will stand trial for murder over the death, allegedly by king-hit, of Kelvin Kane at the Kingscliff Beach Hotel.

Magistrate Jeff Linden found there was sufficient evidence that Field threw the fatal blow.

However, Mr Linden found there was not sufficient evidence for a jury to convict Field's co-accused Shaun Fathers and dismissed charges against him of murder and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

He laid a fresh charge of affray against Fathers. The matter will be referred to the Director of Public Prosecutions and was adjourned until January 21 at Lismore.

The magistrate read from a sworn statement by Field's father that Field told him his co-accused Shaun Fathers was in a fight at the hotel on the night of July 15, 2012 and sustained a split lip.

The statement said Field said, "I hit him (Kane), Dad, and he fell to the deck."

Mr Linden disagreed with a submission by Field's solicitor James Fuggle that the elements required to prove murder were not made out in evidence and his client should face the lesser charge of manslaughter.

"I am satisfied that the evidence is there for a jury to decide," Mr Linden said.

On the final day of the committal hearing involving Field and Fathers, evidence was given by Dr Allan Cala, the forensic pathologist who did Mr Kane's autopsy.

Dr Cala told the court Mr Kane suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain) caused by a blunt force head injury to the lower left side of his face.

Dr Cala said Mr Kane quickly went into cardiac arrest after sustaining the head injury.

He said he found no evidence the injury was caused by Mr Kane's head hitting the ground following the punch.

"I am of the view that a blow to the left side of the face is in fact the cause of the subarachnoid hemorrhage," he said.

Field's trial date will be set at an arraignment hearing in the Supreme Court in Sydney on February 21.

He is on bail.

http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/field-to-be-tried-for-murder/2096616/

So, the doctor is saying it was the punch that killed him, not the head hitting the ground. That is pretty damning evidence. Craig Fields must have got him flush.

I could see him going down for manslaughter but murder is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. How can you prove intent to murdering someone with a punch?

Jethro said:
I could see him going down for manslaughter but murder is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. How can you prove intent to murdering someone with a punch?

HEY BUDDY! I'm going to kill you with this punch!!!

*punch*

Murder, when a pre meditated action to harm somebody is a major part of the reason they died. Manslaughter, when it's not pre meditated like if you get hit in an unprovoked attack and in defending yourself your hit causes the guy to die. I would suggest that turning the security cameras off and telling patrons you are going to get him would be premeditated.

Jethro said:

You can commit murder even if you weren't specifically intending to cause death.

The mental element is intent to kill or inflict grievous bodily harm. It can even include acting with reckless indifference to human life. Then there is felony murder... so be careful about killing people, folks!

manlyfan76 said:
Manslaughter, when it's not pre meditated like if you get hit in an unprovoked attack and in defending yourself your hit causes the guy to die.
This is incorrect. Despite all the recent discussions here on various threads, the law about self defence is still not very well understood...!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7