Craig Fields King Hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Field told the only staff member on duty to turn of the CCTV before going outside and allegedly killing the man. He was at the guy who died all day and was intimidating people all day.
Funny that the witness had his son coached by field.

Well, this is the idea of the "king hit", take the steam out of the guy with a punch as hard as you can to the head, and hope the guy doesn't get up...

I remember at school, if you went toe to toe with a guy, it became a contest of skill and fitness, with a kind of mutual respect at the finish.

King hits were born of the weak, who couldn't win any other way, but hit you that hard that you fell, hit your head on the concrete, and couldn't get up... Meanwhile, the aggressor stands over the top of you saying, "you had enough?, you want some more?", like some big hero.

This is true!

I first noticed this in year 11 at Lewisham in Sydney. While waiting for the bell to ring to start the new term, all the pupils milled around, chatting, bragging, bullsh1tting, whatever... but it was the middle eastern students who showed us their knives, usually tucked into their socks. They already knew you couldn't win the fight with fists alone.

And this contributed to the "king hit" becoming a way to combat people who had a weapon.

Before anyone goes off, I was schooled with middle eastern students, and lived in those areas, so don't mistake this as racism. This is just the fact, Jack, the way it was in 1977.

Chip and Chase said:
Stevo said:
If a bloke whacks you in the head and you don't snot him back then you're a cat!

What about if he doesn't whack you in the head but calls you a name ? or pushes you in the chest ? or raises his eyebrows in a suggestive manner ? or flips you the bird ? or bumps into you and makes you spill your beer ? or pushes in front of you in a queue ? Where does the cat/big man divide start and finish ?? i just want to make sure I'm on the right side of it.

Depends how drunk i am really. But if you had the balls to disrespect me by doing anyone of those then you may cop a whack.

Ridiculous. After being hit, just call a cop and have the aggressor arrested. Simple. Besides, the NSW government will soon legislate a ten year minimum for king hits, and drunkenness is not a mitigating factor.

My son was king hit in the back of the head while sitting down having a quiet drink recently. He managed to get up and the other bloke ended up in hospital. Now he's being charged with assault. He hit the bloke once and walked away..

When you punch someone in the head you can not control the outcome

It might stun the person, it might break their jaw, it might knock them to the ground and cause them to hit their head

The safer, and harder option, is to walk away. Regardless of the cause (be a king hit, face to face fight) you can not tell what the outcome is going to be

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Are you saying your son was charged, or the other bloke?
My son was. The solicitor says it should be thrown out of court. The mistake he made was the other bloke ended up injured.
He has witnesses who said he walked away after he retaliated so we are hopeful it won't have to go to trial.

DSM5 said:
Ridiculous. After being hit, just call a cop and have the aggressor arrested. Simple. Besides, the NSW government will soon legislate a ten year minimum for king hits, and drunkenness is not a mitigating factor.
The Law Society today called for the Supreme Court to issue a guideline judgment on sentencing for "king hit" manslaughter cases. They say that would be a better way to clarify "uncertainty arising from the current debate" than the A- G's proposed law to create a new offence for the 'king hits'.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6