Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Definitely have to try to give Keppie some decent playing time after his lay off and having Jake reverting to prop when Walker comes on is putting a bit less pressure on the other props , not that they require any particular resting time . Have to expect the Cowboys to be trying to be competitive , especially in a home game environment . Manly got a taste of higher intensity, final's type footy against the Storm and naturally have to try to improve recent form and cohesion to get back to that level [ and a bit more actually ] and to rectify a few shortcomings . Still have a question mark whether Parker is a better option then Suli but it is what it is and can only hope that it does not have a bearing for Manly not being able to be at their best , especially against the front runners again . Think that the Panthers at full strength will be the hardest side to beat for the title as things now are and assuming that both Manly and the Storm get their wins this week , also certainly hope that Manly can be at their best against and to overcome the Storm to be on the other side of the Panthers in the lead up final's games . But first things first and with a solid win against the Cows

In the last two matches, Manly's attacking shapes were poor. A possible cause for this was lack of punch through the middle. I think Des will want this rectified this week with the return of Paseka & Keppie. If there is a comfortable winning margin, it is likely Turbo plus a couple of others will be receive 'early marks'. However, coming off a good win last week, the Cowboys should be up the game - they have try scoring potential in their backline.

Relax guys. The NRL want the most attractive sides in the top 4 to encourage all the mummies to allow their kids to play rugby league.

With our 64 tries for our back 3, ourselves , Penrith and Souths play the most attractive style.

Cummings will allow us to have a great match this weekend. (hoping rather than expecting) ;)

Grand final - Penrith vs Manly. How good would that be :party:

Last edited:
Just had a look at our stats with Cummins in charge; in the last 12 games we have played under him, we have won just the once, and that was against the Chooks directly before lockdown last year, when DCE slotted a late field goal. Surely we are due for the win !

Just had a look at our stats with Cummins in charge; in the last 12 games we have played under him, we have won just the once, and that was against the Chooks directly before lockdown last year, when DCE slotted a late field goal. Surely we are due for the win !
He was the ref in 2018 when Turbo got his face smashed and had to get those plates (the ones that got bumped a couple of weeks ago)
Perenara was the video ref. We didn't even get a penalty!

Had a peep on the Cowboys forum site, and it's like a death in the family. Hardly anything posted about our game with them. Just a few cynical comments, it's pretty funny reading some of them. Most saying their going to get flogged, and some saying Manly might rest T Turbo and others and that will be the only way they can beat us. Also, they have had a bit rain, and are banking on this to slow down our attack, and say T Turbo wont want to risk getting a hammy. It's hilarious !!

If, while Manly are in Townsville, the Covid issues worsen in QLD and they will be unable to move from the Townsville area, what happens? And where do I sign up?

Such a pity , I was in Townsville two weeks ago but had to be back for a skin cancer surgery , BUGGER !!

Would have loved to have given the new stadium a run.

One things for sure there will be a big crowd in attendance as boy they love their footy up there.

Such a pity , I was in Townsville two weeks ago but had to be back for a skin cancer surgery , BUGGER !!

Would have loved to have given the new stadium a run.

One things for sure there will be a big crowd in attendance as boy they love their footy up there.

Glad you're ok post surgery.

Guess that means the end of you sun bathing in the man-kini..!

He was the ref in 2018 when Turbo got his face smashed and had to get those plates (the ones that got bumped a couple of weeks ago)
Perenara was the video ref. We didn't even get a penalty!
Surprise, surprise!

One out of our last 12, Gee the stats seem to suggest there could be a bias there, I’m sure we will all watch his calls, I’ve lost of stack of confidence in how the games have been refereed this season and thinking back to the Newcastle game and the stat above doesn’t make it feel any bette, however the good news is our class will rise above the whistle regardless.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8