Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

My guess

TT
Wasaabi
Scorpio
Harper
Scarf
Foz
DCE
Jake
Shoo
Guac
Marty
Frog
Tent

Walker
Lawton
Kelpie
Slippers/Soro Probably Soro

Sili
Con
Deluxe
Jetski

41% possession
13 errors to 7

All our own doing.
Maybe it's time the stats were like tennis.
Forced errors & unforced errors.

A little bit hard to determine I know but.....
For example dropping the ball cold like Saab last week going over for a try & Guac 5m out off Chez are unforced errors.
Meaney's foot knocking it out of Garricks hands is a forced error.

Bulldogs dropping two bombs were forced errors through our chase.

The commentators most weeks just look at the raw numbers, anyone would've thought at halftime last week we were under the pump with errors but could've easily been 16pts up.

Would be interesting to go through the matches and work out what was forced and what wasn't.

wow when you put it like that Rafferty its hard to gamble responsibly .Actually doesn't it work like the more the you bet the more you win ? :)
Well I was actually viewing it more like an insurance policy rather than gambling, however the horse has bolted, as the smart! or spec bet has already swooped on the opportunity and the cows are in $6 to $7 and that has changed the deal somewhat, so as the cost of the policy has now gone up somewhat I would say it’s now bad value and no thank you, but there will be quiet a few death riding us this week for a nice pay day, oh well hope they remembered to gamble responsibly. Oh lock down has a lot to answer for.

The team is in

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Dylan Walker, Karl Lawton, Sean Keppie, Taniela Paseka

Reserves - Toafofoa Sipley, Moses Suli, Curtis Sironen, Kurt de Luis

Maybe (if we don't need to win) the late changes could be;
Sipley -> tapau
Suli -> Harper
Siro or de Luis-> guac

Thinking with the squad named they are prob the only 3 who may need a freshen up?

For those interested, the named Cows team is:

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Kyle Feldt, Valentine Holmes, Ben Hampton, Murray Taulagi, Scott Drinkwater, Tom Dearden, Coen Hess, Reece Robson, Jordan McLean, Ben Condon, Jeremiah Nanai, Jason Taumalolo. Bench - Jake Granville, Heilum Luki, Mitchell Dunn, Griffin Neame.

Reserves - Tom Gilbert, Deajarn Asi, Lachlan Burr, Connelly Lemuelu.

As long as it is the same next week.

Seems like Des is treating this like a full dress rehearsal before the finals. I can see why he would name this team apposed to resting players a week out. Momentum is massive and very hard to stop and I’m thinking he wants the boys starting to all hit their straps leading in.

This is going to be very exciting to watch

Last edited:
Here is something interesting. We're all pretty much agreeing that this is our strongest side. But ... how does it compare to what many thought was our strongest 17 in the pre-season???

Tom Trbojevic, Jason Saab, Dylan Walker, Moses Suli, Reuben Garrick, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Taniela Paseka, Lachlan Croker, Martin Taupau, Curtis Sironen, Jack Gosiewski, Jake Trbojevic. Bench - Cade Cust, Josh Aloiai, Andrew Davey, Morgan Boyle.

Walker is now on the bench as a utility
Suli is now only on the reserves list
Paseka is on the bench, but that's largely due to his late season injury
Siro is only on the reserves list
Jetski and Cust are not even on any list
Davey and Boyle missed pretty much the entire season through injury.
No Parker, no Harper, no Olakau'atu, no Schuster and no Lawton in that side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11