Court Support for Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canteen Worker link said:
Is it just me or were those visible women Manly supporters highlighted on the news tonight a total embarrassment?
. . . etc
. . .
I am embarrassed to be associated with this sort of stupidity and feel that someone should have spoken to them or told them what losers they looked. I could go on but should end my rant before I say something defamatory!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[
There are an awful lot of things about rugby league we should be far more embarrassed to be associated with than those keen but unsophisticated fans. For example the long list might include boozy season launches, as well as the entire history of Matthew Johns-type behaviours, etc etc ...

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182376.msg250817#msg250817 date=1265270384]
Rather judgmental of you isn't it CW? 
What do you think Mata? That picture above says it all. Pieces of tatty paper and an attempt for cheap publicity.
[/quote]  I think I cop a heap for some of my posts, but yours is a new kind of low.  I don't agree with their actions but they don't deserve to be mocked or vilified for it. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182376.msg250825#msg250825 date=1265270946]
What do you think Mata? That picture above says it all. Pieces of tatty paper and an attempt for cheap publicity.
[/quote]  I think I cop a heap for some of my posts, but yours is a new kind of low.  I don't agree with their actions but they don't deserve to be mocked or vilified for it. 
[/quote]Bit rich coming from you. I am suggesting (strongly) that their behaviour is uncalled for - I am not sure that this is vilification of mocking. I don't know them or their motives. I concede that Seaeaglerock8 has a good point as well.

Did you see the news report tonight? Did you think it painted our club in good light? After some of your strongly expressed views (to which you are welcome), to suggest mine as low is peculiar and hypocritical if you ask me!!

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182376.msg250868#msg250868 date=1265279834]
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182376.msg250825#msg250825 date=1265270946]
[/quote]Bit rich coming from you. I am suggesting (strongly) that their behaviour is uncalled for - I am not sure that this is vilification of mocking. I don't know them or their motives. I concede that Seaeaglerock8 has a good point as well.

Did you see the news report tonight? Did you think it painted our club in good light? After some of your strongly expressed views (to which you are welcome), to suggest mine as low is peculiar and hypocritical if you ask me!!
[/quote]  It's a bit like the chicken and the egg, isn't it?  Interesting you bur up at the first hint of your motives being questioned yet you have no troubles throwing stones yourself.

WWJD CW?  ;)

No need to be embarrassed, all clubs have dead **** fans. Nrl supporters wouldn't of been surprised.

The bakers union must be happy with all these bun fights

a total embarrassment? ...  how ridiculous they looked ...

It may have been well intentioned but it was naiive, childish and ridiculous. ......... protesters out the front blindly supporting a defendent.

I am embarrassed to be associated with this sort of stupidity and feel that someone should have spoken to them .... what losers they looked. .:-[ :-[ :-[
Didn't answer my questions Mata? Burring up due to accusations that are unwarranted in my view. Embarrassment - in my opinion. ? Wrong - yes?

Read the original post. Don't have to agree with me - maybe I overreacted but it is hardly vilifying. You have said a lot worse yourself about various people in the past. It is all a matter of perspective.

CW, you know who they are and you know a bit about them.  Given your own involvement with people on the downside of advantage I'm surprised you see fit to call them "ridiculous" and "stupid".  Having hard things to say about people paid hundreds of thousands to perform a job is one thing, but picking on the infirm is completely another.

Dan link said:
The bakers union must be happy with all these bun fights

I was going to say don't make it such a personal attack about those two, they were most likely well intent just had the wrong delivery but Dan you got me rolling around in stiches now. Time to raid the mini bar and ask for a refill.

Look for once I agree with Matabele.  Those ladies were there, I spoke to them, and sure they looked poor and maybe a little on the less able side, but their support was well intentioned and shouldn't be belittled.  Perhaps they could have been replaced by better groomed people with professionally produced banners but thems the fans, and if one goes to Brooky, that's the people who love the game.  I for one, would never think to sweep people off the streets because they look somewhat different to what I perceive as having an 'acceptable image' for the club.  Sneering is not a good look.  If you want the image go to Union.   

Just as I was starting to think DSM5 was falling into the Fluffy/Nutzcraw trap of blindly disagreeing with my every post.  ;)

Thanks for your opinion DSM5 - my comments relate to how poor it looked on the news. I wasn't there but I thought it was bad look, naiive etc.

This banter has gone on long enough. No intention to offend though some double standards are being applied.

Will end this argument will Mata (though he will need to have the last word) for I don't actually know these people, though I have seen one of them handing out magazines inside Brookie once a twice but wouldn't know anything about them or the infirm comments. Mata has taken the high moral ground!!  I hope the ride on his 'high horse' is a good one.

DSM5 link said:
Look for once I agree with Matabele.  Those ladies were there, I spoke to them, and sure they looked poor and maybe a little on the less able side, but their support was well intentioned and shouldn't be belittled.  Perhaps they could have been replaced by better groomed people with professionally produced banners but thems the fans, and if one goes to Brooky, that's the people who love the game.  I for one, would never think to sweep people off the streets because they look somewhat different to what I perceive as having an 'acceptable image' for the club.  Sneering is not a good look.  If you want the image go to Union.   

Well said

For giving up my seat in court to Des, who may or may not have thanked me (he mumbled something which might have been thanks, or it might have been, "didn't you see me coming you prick?") I deserve plenty of applauds.  I had to stand for the rest of the hearing.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8