Could Buhrer be next 2 go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is not the point. Isnt it obvious- they were cheating like hell and STILL had to let a lot of blokes go.

What we have achieved by keeping this lot together over a decade including massive backending is unheard of in the modern game- 11 straight finals appearances,4 GFS,2 premierships.I say that the much maligned back ending experiment is an unadulterated success and if we pay for it a bit now then so be it. I for one will never forget the ride.

The NRL warned them about backending hey.

I can just imagine Gallop saying" listen you blokes,you may be on top for 10 years,dominate your era and win a few comps but good old backending will get you in the end." A real GOTCHA moment that one.

How about a bit of credit from the so called league commentariat for the coaches, recruiters and staff that have delivered us all this glory.All they get are petty jibes about backending- whose the winner boys,the mighty MWSE.

Damn Susan , you make too much sense....I have loved the ride.....just want it to keep rollin rollin rollin.....with our favourite crew on board

I know Frogz...I hate the scum as much or more than you and despise their culture.I think all the emotion shown by you and everyone else just reflects the great regard the fans have for this group of blokes and it is just sad to see this happen.

Frogz said:
reports floating around this morning that we are STILL having trouble tabling Jamie an offer.

We need a new accountant if that's the case, because NO other team has any issues

We need the same accountant as the Dogs.

What we need is the head of the NRL's billion dollar broadcast benefactor as the head of our club. That way we could keep or buy who we want, no questions asked. I wonder which club currently has that all sewn up?

Like all of us, I've loved the ride this team has given us over the past 10 years, and I want it to continue. Unfortunately the reality is somewhat different though isn't it. We've already lost a number of players (Kite, Perry, Robbo and now Gifty to name but a few) and will continue to lose some, and gain some, as well as have some talented juniors come through.

Although there was no salary cap back then, we eventually had to deal with losing our premiership stars from the 1970's either to other clubs or retirement. Players like Bob Fulton, Terry Randall, Graham Eadie, Max Krillich, Bill Hamilton, Ian Martin, Russell Gartner etc etc. They all had to go or retire sooner or later. Same with the likes of Terry Hill, Matthew Ridge, Cliffy Lyons, Des Hasler, Paul Vautin, Nik Kosef, Noel Cleal, Michael O'Connor, Dale Shearer, Geoff Toovey etc from the teams of the 80's and 90's.

With the core group we've had for the last 10 years (and those added to the mix such as DCE and Foz) its eventually going to happen again. We'll have to deal with losing them at some point, we just hope that they can stick around for a long time and continue the tradition of success this club has built. But as always, life moves on and our next crop of players will hopefully prove every bit as successful as their predecessors.

Maybe if the NRL didn't backend all the Roosters leaning calls in the 2013 grand final Manly fans might be a bit more understanding of the NRL and the situation.

If Manly can't win the grand final in 2014 not much chance of getting there ever again in the short term future at least.

Thanks NRL.

Frogz said:
Damn Susan , you make too much sense....I have loved the ride.....just want it to keep rollin rollin rollin.....with our favourite crew on board

You know one day were going to wake up and think back to when the likes of watmough and the Stewart brothers were the kings of manly and the other teams were mere peasants ! And as we sit pondering in our memories, I'll be watching tom turbo pass a beautiful ball to gutherson who scores in the corner after a great strong jake t charge to win yet another grand final for manly. Times change mate, we've been lucky to have kept who we have for so long, unfortunately you can't keep them all !!

Technical Coach said:
Not the Melb are cheats lines and other clubs are saints again pleaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee wake up people.

Not the constant line about Manly be cheats along with Melbourne pleeeaaaaaaaasssssssse.

I was and still am extremely close to the person who presided over the resurrection of this great club and trust him implicitly.He has a flawless reputation in business and as a person and maintains close ties with the stakeholders at the club.

Manly did not conduct an orchestrated salary cap rort as you suggest and your constant reference to it is based on absolutely zero evidence.

Ply your anonymous analysis on the scums site if you admire them so much or put your name to the accusations.

Not suggesting anything just balancing out peoples point of views, not let colours blur their judgment and to work out the truth themselves.

Do you really think any person would ever admit to doing wrong so asking anyone is pointless.

I have my opinions based off zero facts but with a clear mind that i don't allow bias to influence my opinions.

My opinion is the majority of clubs rort the cap and have never singled one out, the amount of times clubs are fined for "minor infringements" seems to suggest my line of thinking is closer to the truth than people are comfortable with or wish to think.

The amount of times people on this forum use the basis of "how can said club be under the cap due to all the rep players" yet don't apply simple logic in other areas is a joke.

Merdy33 said:
Stevo said:
TK on the big sports brekky mentioned this morning that the NRL warned the Sea Eagles 3 years ago what back ending contracts would do to the team. Hopefully it ends with Stewart and Choc.

Thanks very fcuken much Des!

You do realise that had he not back ended contracts, then we almost certainly would not have been able to keep the group together for 2011. Therefore we will almost certainly would not have won in 2011. Given premierships are so hard to win, I can wear the fact we're running into some problems now.
Notwithstanding that I'm as upset as anyone over gift's leaving.

That maybe the case but the fcukwit did it knowing he would not be here to have to deal with the fallout.

From what I've read buhrer would like to stay but is shopping around ,parra,s big money might be too tempting ...would of rather kept gifty then ferris personally

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4