Costello - the new robbing hood

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
If your in the lower end to get sweet **** all but if your earning up the top you get ****loads, all from a goods based tax where everyone buys similar amounts....

eg on 25K you get $10 a fortnight (now kiddies dont spend it all at once)

on 100K you get $70 a fortnight - you earn 4 times more but get 7 times the break or 175% of those who are struggling.

$10 doesnt even come near the increase in interest rates that could only happen under labor :roll:

But its the families that are the winner with a whopping $10 million (or 50 cents per aussie) increase out of a $15 billion surplus. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The scary thing is - this is just the start, soon we will need medical insurance to get basic hospital treatment like the US.

We already do Fluffy.

Because of my income I have to pay 600 for ambulance and a total of over $100 in health care just so that I dont have to pay it in tax.

To be fair the increase is comparible to your wage. But as I sit just below $70,000 I get that $10 a week. At this stage though I will take any increase in my wage I can get

Higher income earners should still pay less tax.

I guess next year prior to the next election I will see a real Tax cut.

Any cut will result in higher earners getting more, especially under Libs.

And yeah Dan I am in the same boat re: health insurance, either pay for it or get slugged extra medicare levy.

Fluff why should people who earn more get penalised? I earnt $75k last year but certainly dont classify myself as well off.

I need to arrange for health insuranceto aviod the extra 1% levy.

I package as much stuff up as I possibly can to avoid the surcharge but the last couple of years I have not been able to avoid it but have been too lazy to arrange cover.

Higher income earners should still pay less tax.

I guess next year prior to the next election I will see a real Tax cut.

Yeah they will screw the workers for another 12mths b4 offering a few peices of gold to con the greedy and naive just b4 the eclection so Howard can robb them blind for another 4 years.

Any cut will result in higher earners getting more, especially under Libs.

And yeah Dan I am in the same boat re: health insurance, either pay for it or get slugged extra medicare levy.

Fluff why should people who earn more get penalised? I earnt $75k last year but certainly dont classify myself as well off.

Fro maybe you shouldnt vote either.

You do not get penalised - the $10 per week goes to all who earn 25K. That is is you earn 100K your first 25K is paid at the same rate, hence you recieve the $10 per week.

If you take it as for every 25K you earn then you get a $10 per week tax cut then at 100K it should be $40 not $70, hence the lining of the high end

and just so you know - if you get a $1000 pay rise and move from 30 cents to 42 cents per dollar your total income is not subject to the 42 cents per dollar, only the $1000 over the 30 cents threshold.

and for those of you who think that the big wigs earning hundreds of thousands are paying 47% - keep dreaming. Its all offset by negative gearing and CGT. CGT after 12 months is half your tax rate - hence 23.5%.

Do me the courtesy of not patronising me Fluffy, I know how it works.

My views on Politicians are well known, they are all self serving scum, regardless of their party.

well it appeared you had no idea when you said people who earn more get penalised.

Since someone earning 60K gets $10, yet someone earning 120K get $80, that doesnt look like a penalty to me, looks like 4 times the amount per dollar earnt

Not worth arguing about, especially as I agree with you that the current system is not equitable, but anyone who thinks that labor would be a fairer system is also dreaming.

i think labor would give more breaks to the lower end - which everyone would benefit from. They would also spend the surplus on infrastructure rather than hold it unltil near election time then bribe everyone with a baby bonus or something like that again

is that your only come back?

how about bring back howard as treasurer - then we can have 22% interest rates again, higher than labor ever got

No matter what the decision, someone is bound to be unhappy. So stop your ****ing whinging and get on with life.

if you Gents dont like a thread which is quite obviously politcially based................Dont Join In!!

Yes Fluffy and Byso are predictable in their political leanings, but you cant say this thread was about this weeks team or who doug rooted on the weekend :)

I didnt even get one on the weekend Fro!!

I am just in a c of a mood today.

Lets start a religious debate again.

Cant help bad luck Clon, you'll do better this w/e

god no, stay away from religion and politics is my motto, I cant believe I got sucked into this one

is that your only come back?

how about bring back howard as treasurer - then we can have 22% interest rates again, higher than labor ever got

Oh well. But can we take anyone seriously who thought Latham was a serious prospect for PM?

Latham only looked okay as he has vision and class compared to the little Ghenghis Khan who lives in the past and yet somehow has conned the people. It is so sad that Labor is a Circus at the moment as the Government is a farce!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4