Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sooo - we didn't make the eight this season... Tuff draw... The titans picked up the spoon though as expected...

Scary stuff for us Eagles. Scott Penn. was notable a couple of weeks ago pleading his case to the NRL

He like many businesses will be struggling so will he be willing to put a million or two aside to fund our great club. I’m sure he loves the club like us and it is not a decision I envy him.

Lastly good luck and heath to our boys and staff who have done us proud of late. Hope you get the chance to don the maroon and white again.

The penns are nothing if not financially savvy. It makes sense to cry out for help and play to a perception that we need help (why dig out of your own pocket).

Ultimately we are tied to the NRL. If there is a comp then the Penn family own an asset in the form of a NRL franchise - this has value in some form so they are not likely to walk away.

Its hard to comprehend if Manly does disappear I would not watch Rugby League ever again. I'm hoping if the Penns decide to sell that one of our previous interested parties buy the club. Fingers crossed...
Bet he wishes he sold last year when he had the chance The club won't be worth 2 bob soon

In all seriousness. Footy means nothing right now. I’m not but my wife is a medical professional and has been saying for three months that this thing is going to be devastating. Don’t be blasé. Stay home if you can and even if it means a bit of financial pain. It will mean a lot less financial pain in six months when the economy rights itself. If our country can contain this. And with wide open spaces and social distancing and without leaders afraid to close schools we can. We will be a powerhouse economically. After every plague comes a Renaissance.

It would help containing this if the government would actually define what non essential services are, I’m in construction, have contact with well over 50 people everyday but no one knows what we are meant to be doing so we just keep going to work.

Now is not the time for half measures, but ad far as I can tell that’s all the government are prepared to do.

Some defined procedure would go a long way

I recall that Penn sold about 40% of the club to 2 other entities didn't he, so at the very least any losses would be spread across the 3 rather than Penn solely. Didn't we also break even/make small profit last year?

I think we will actually be around, and i am not listening to total wits like Kent, Hooper and Rothtool who espouse fear merchant bull endlessly. I'm staying confident, as i think when the league returns, the crowds are going to be bigger.
He sold about 25% for $5mil or so. Right before we signed Coco Joy to that really lucrative front of jersey sponsorship :oops: Be interested if they are actually still shareholders or not, never hear from them anymore

Spoke to someone today who picks up my green waste once a month. (No green bins in Townsville) His last pick up was from a uni academic who told him that the lock down won’t work in this country because in China and South Korea and Japan they have respect for the law and know they will be punished. Here we just want to be insta famous and couldn’t give a **** about our elderly neighbours around the corner.

The only way I could support a team other than Manly is that a full restructure of the game, keep the out of Sydney teams as they are but have 4 or 5 new teams in Sydney with zero links, colours, names with current teams while having none of the current Sydney teams in the comp.

Northern Beaches team
City Team
Southern Beaches team
Western Sydney team
South West Sydney team

They could keep the comp to 16 teams and allow more teams in other states.
No fan wants their team to be the one to be culled but if every Sydney fan had to follow a new team it might not be as bad.

12 team comp, home and away series. Needs home and away series to be a fair dinkum comp

It would help containing this if the government would actually define what non essential services are, I’m in construction, have contact with well over 50 people everyday but no one knows what we are meant to be doing so we just keep going to work.

Now is not the time for half measures, but ad far as I can tell that’s all the government are prepared to do.

Some defined procedure would go a long way

I agree. It comes from having three competing levels of government. If they could just say stop for a few weeks until the curve flattens and provide stimulus immediately and maybe even employ people as part of the stimulus to get out there and deliver to anyone what they need This thing would be a non event in a month hospitals would be freed up and prepared but this country has had no real leadership since John Howard (and that has nothing to do with my political persuasion- geez I hate that in this day and age I have to add that to avoid backlash) just yes men and sunrise regulars trying to buy a base. The prime minister of this country thinks someone can touch you on the head and you’ll fall down and have a little fit and be cured of cancer. But doesn’t matter if your best mate spiritual adviser hushed up his daddy’s kiddie fiddling.

up up Cronulla!

I’m no legal eagle but clubs will surely be looking at possible legal action for NRLs total lack of management of funds.
I mean 1 billion dollars? Where the fuc$ is it?
Um, maybe we should ask Dr Evil
1584962372617.jpeg

In all seriousness. Footy means nothing right now. I’m not but my wife is a medical professional and has been saying for three months that this thing is going to be devastating. Don’t be blasé. Stay home if you can and even if it means a bit of financial pain. It will mean a lot less financial pain in six months when the economy rights itself. If our country can contain this. And with wide open spaces and social distancing and without leaders afraid to close schools we can. We will be a powerhouse economically. After every plague comes a Renaissance.

Well said!!

Not surprised but devastating news nonetheless and a sad day indeed! Just have to live in hope our beloved Manly team is back playing footy sooner rather than later.

On a positive note, as the saying goes, "you're only as good as your last game". What an awesome game they all played on Saturday and we can hold onto some great memories of it for the immediate future :rock:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6