Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As inevitably people get further and further in debt to get through this when life does start to return to normal the 1% will own more of everything and be richer than ever. The gap between rich and poor will be bigger than ever ....... social unrest is on the way.
I feel this is a turning point. Traditionally many Australians have had an optimistic outlook but I'm not feeling that now , more like sitting on a powderkeg.

They’ve been hammering Manly as a club to go under all night on NRL 360.

Some what reassuringly though, Tooves was just on and when posed the question he said if the Penns didn’t save the club there would be other suitors and fans that would.

I think I’ll take that as some potentially blind faith in the fact we’ll come out of this ok.
Lets put it this way, the twenty million dollars that the Penns were expecting for a possible sale , has well and truly come and gone.
The way things are going if they are able to get a buyer to take over even for one million then they are lucky.
If they declare the club insolvent then they can call in an administrator, who will try and sell the club to the highest bidder, hopefully it's not Norths.
Very sad times indeed

They’ve been hammering Manly as a club to go under all night on NRL 360.

Some what reassuringly though, Tooves was just on and when posed the question he said if the Penns didn’t save the club there would be other suitors and fans that would.

I think I’ll take that as some potentially blind faith in the fact we’ll come out of this ok.
Of course they (potential buyers) would and some of the doomsayers like Handsome (cough) Mark from Brisbane need to take a Bex and lie down. Sure, it doesn’t help when Scott gets on the phone to Ritchie and spills his guts.

In the old days it was rugby league’s Tiberius with a telephone, aka Peter Peters, who was on the blower to Ritchie, Brent Read, et al. Nowadays as a cost-cutting measure, Scott has to do it himself.;)

Remember we are talking RL here, many of the so-called experts are feeble-minded flogs themselves.

If one of them told you all they know about the world, it wouldn’t take long. And if two of them did, it would take no longer.

Of course they (potential buyers) would and some of the doomsayers like Handsome (cough) Mark from Brisbane need to take a Bex and lie down. Sure, it doesn’t help when Scott gets on the phone to Ritchie and spills his guts.

In the old days it was rugby league’s Tiberius with a telephone, aka Peter Peters, who was on the blower to Ritchie, Brent Read, et al. Nowadays as a cost-cutting measure, Scott has to do it himself.;)

Remember we are talking RL here, many of the so-called experts are feeble-minded flogs themselves.

If one of them told you all they know about the world, it wouldn’t take long. And if two of them did, it would take no longer.

Thank you Terry, I’ll take that advice on board !!

There's enough mindless panic in supermarket aisles and everyday life right now without us starting to panic about the fate of our beloved Eagles. As Doris Day (and Sly Stone) so wisely said, whatever will be will be, the future's not ours to see… Let's all just take a deep breath (not too deep, mind you - you never know what other people might be carrying these days) and… hope.

There's enough mindless panic in supermarket aisles and everyday life right now without us starting to panic about the fate of our beloved Eagles. As Doris Day (and Sly Stone) so wisely said, whatever will be will be, the future's not ours to see… Let's all just take a deep breath (not too deep, mind you - you never know what other people might be carrying these days) and… hope.
Exactly.

I recall that Penn sold about 40% of the club to 2 other entities didn't he, so at the very least any losses would be spread across the 3 rather than Penn solely. Didn't we also break even/make small profit last year?

I think we will actually be around, and i am not listening to total ****wits like Kent, Hooper and Rothtool who espouse fear merchant bull**** endlessly. I'm staying confident, as i think when the league returns, the crowds are going to be bigger.

Sly also said this, so wisely.....

I Want To Take You Higher
Baby Baby Baby Light My Fire
Boom Shaka-Laka-Laka Boom Shaka-Laka-Laka

Are we taking bets on how long it will be before a Daily Tele journo writes a negative story on a bored NRL player breaking the lockdown guidelines and not social distancing correctly ?

we should start odds.

Penrith or Newcastle player?

Its hard to comprehend if Manly does disappear I would not watch Rugby League ever again. I'm hoping if the Penns decide to sell that one of our previous interested parties buy the club. Fingers crossed...

One NRL person that will not be here for next season is Toddy!!

been on the gravy train too long bleeding the NRL dry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8