Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
6A915E7B-2AB9-4CE1-AA4C-7F54326B3D2B.jpeg

Over here every time I switch the wireless on or open a newspaper I keep hearing tales of panic buying yet I'm the manager of a supermarket and haven't seen any evidence of it. It makes you wonder where the stories come from originally
Iv been trying to buy toilet paper for 3 days... finally scored 2 packs last night. The guy told me that he sold 6000 dollars worth from 4pm to 2am in the morning at $10 a pack.... there were only 10 or so left i bought 2. True story sahih bukhari

I enjoy the news but you have to watch more than one to get a balance. The ABC is left , Sky is right , Channel 7 leans to the left , SBS is left but not extreme.

SBS is good as it covers news from around the world.

I’d much rather watch the news than any reality TV which is absolute garbage.

I watch almost no live TV. Record almost everything I watch, so I can watch only things that interest and rid myself of the ads. I do have Foxtel but I've had it for years. I am however coming to a point where streaming may be more financially sensible and certainly the SBS and ABC programmes are beginning to dominate my viewing. News? Get it off the computer. Never watch evening news, except occasionally SBS World News. I read a lot of stuff off something called Quora and The Conversation sites on the net which seem to offer a far far broader perspective on what's happening from multiple viewpoints. Also have been considering The Guardian, but its a little costly

I had the SMH and Sun Herald delivered for several years but never actually read them. The paper boy would always toss it into the shrubs at the front of our house and young doggy loved trying to dislodge it, then proudly delivering it to us each morning. 'Thanks, good dog' (then usually into the recycling when she wasn't looking).

I've been in the US for the last two months and no shortages here. I'm bringing home an extra suitcase full of of 3 ply. From the sounds of it I shook be able to resell it when I get home and pay for my trip.
Watch you don’t get mugged. It’s a fkn toilet tissue war zone!

Over here every time I switch the wireless on or open a newspaper I keep hearing tales of panic buying yet I'm the manager of a supermarket and haven't seen any evidence of it. It makes you wonder where the stories come from originally

They are real over here .... there is not a roll of loo paper on the shelves for 50km from where I live ....

They are real over here .... there is not a roll of loo paper on the shelves for 50km from where I live ....

Ditto for us , went down to Woolies early yesterday ( opens at 8.30am) so got there at 8.00am!!

To find a line up at least 150 long.

So I instead got a coffee and enjoyed the spectacle , fair dinkum it was a stampede.

There were lots of Pacific Islanders / Chinese in the line up ( neither are high in numbers where I live) so the assumption is that they’d come some way to get here ( we live 45kms from the CBD these days).

I don’t know how many packs of bum roll they put out but I’d suggest only the first 20 or 30 would have got any and the “ one pack per customer” yeah right , each Trolly had about 10 packs of 18 or 24 roll packs.

The ones that missed out then went up to the Aldi line up as they opened at 9am.

Ive never seen anything like it , hilarious ( and ultimately pretty sad).

We’ve got about 8 rolls left so hopefully this madness will stop soon.

I had the SMH and Sun Herald delivered for several years but never actually read them. The paper boy would always toss it into the shrubs at the front of our house and young doggy loved trying to dislodge it, then proudly delivering it to us each morning. 'Thanks, good dog' (then usually into the recycling when she wasn't looking).
TBH thats the best place for those 2 rags

Ditto for us , went down to Woolies early yesterday ( opens at 8.30am) so got there at 8.00am!!

To find a line up at least 150 long.

So I instead got a coffee and enjoyed the spectacle , fair dinkum it was a stampede.

There were lots of Pacific Islanders / Chinese in the line up ( neither are high in numbers where I live) so the assumption is that they’d come some way to get here ( we live 45kms from the CBD these days).

I don’t know how many packs of bum roll they put out but I’d suggest only the first 20 or 30 would have got any and the “ one pack per customer” yeah right , each Trolly had about 10 packs of 18 or 24 roll packs.

The ones that missed out then went up to the Aldi line up as they opened at 9am.

Ive never seen anything like it , hilarious ( and ultimately pretty sad).

We’ve got about 8 rolls left so hopefully this madness will stop soon.

I'm fine ... but Scotty my mate lives in a house with a wife, 4 daughters and a mother in a granny flat .... he reckons if they run out he is leaving home ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4