Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
so..... in terms of impact on NRL - it might soon be time to faceup to the facts that games MAY have to be played behind closed doors.

Interestingly, this would hurt the AFL a whole lot more than it would the NRL (ticket sales in NRL are historically a lower source of income for clubs).

What would everyone do if the season (or even a few rounds) were to be played behind closed doors. ANy worries? Dramas?

In truth - this would probably favour some teams who barely have a crowd come to watch them in the first place

so..... in terms of impact on NRL - it might soon be time to faceup to the facts that games MAY have to be played behind closed doors.

Interestingly, this would hurt the AFL a whole lot more than it would the NRL (ticket sales in NRL are historically a lower source of income for clubs).

What would everyone do if the season (or even a few rounds) were to be played behind closed doors. ANy worries? Dramas?

In truth - this would probably favour some teams who barely have a crowd come to watch them in the first place

If it gets worse it’s inevitable really.

When people are panick buying date roll you have to think avoiding public spaces is next

When people are panick buying date roll you have to think avoiding public spaces is next

You’d of thought they’d be panic buying water , food staples as well and whilst that’s happening it’s nothing in comparison to bung hole paper.

I do wonder how long the NRL could survive if things got worse.

In italy, the league has been suspended for a few weeks.... and matches may end up getting cancelled.It seems trivial now.... but could the NRL finances survive a season of cancellation?

It is a contact sport, so in theory the players could refuse to play at some stage

I’m not a Trump fan but do follow his tweets for a laugh but he delivered a good one yesterday.

In the last decade between 27,000-70,000 died in the US from the common flu and to date 22 have died from Corona Virus, it’s media induced panic.

That’s not exactly the words but was the intent.

I do wonder how long the NRL could survive if things got worse.

In italy, the league has been suspended for a few weeks.... and matches may end up getting cancelled.It seems trivial now.... but could the NRL finances survive a season of cancellation?

It is a contact sport, so in theory the players could refuse to play at some stage
Kent was saying last night on 360 that if a player tested positive who had played on the weekend it would put both teams into quarantine for 14days and impact 6 teams. The teams playing one another and future opponents.

Just play all games at ANZ
Each person to sit 5 metres apart
Still wouldn't need the nose bleeds

It’s going to take just one event when it does all events will suffer
I attended Elton john @ parramatta on the weekend and had no concerns
But if one person or player or staff at an event comes out and says they are infected I feel it will be pandemonium happenings from the press then the S#,!T hits the fan

I usually go up to my local maccas in the morning for a cappuccino, quick read of the paper, and finish off with a McCrap. This could get nasty.

Screenshot_20200310-192221.png

I usually go up to my local maccas in the morning for a cappuccino, quick read of the paper, and finish off with a McCrap. This could get nasty.
Maccas serviettes ....why of course...onya Wombat...might have to take 30 with me on the way out next time i visit....

I think it is a moving beast. At my work we have gone from do nothing to everyone working from home in the space of a week
I’m in a job that can easily be worked from home in a gov dept. surprised they haven’t started directing this tbh. It will come.

I’m not a Trump fan but do follow his tweets for a laugh but he delivered a good one yesterday.

In the last decade between 27,000-70,000 died in the US from the common flu and to date 22 have died from Corona Virus, it’s media induced panic.

That’s not exactly the words but was the intent.
The Donald and the fake news haha hes a classic..

Ditto for us , went down to Woolies early yesterday ( opens at 8.30am) so got there at 8.00am!!
To find a line up at least 150 long.
So I instead got a coffee and enjoyed the spectacle , fair dinkum it was a stampede.
I don’t know how many packs of bum roll they put out but I’d suggest only the first 20 or 30 would have got any and the “ one pack per customer” yeah right , each Trolly had about 10 packs of 18 or 24 roll packs.
The ones that missed out then went up to the Aldi line up as they opened at 9am.
Ive never seen anything like it , hilarious ( and ultimately pretty sad).
We’ve got about 8 rolls left so hopefully this madness will stop soon.

Strolled into one of the local shops about noon today (well not strolled as it was snowing and damn windy).

Saw the poop paper section and thought of you.

Bought some...and it was even on special! 15 rolls for 7 bucks I think.

I even took a pic, just for you.

frqCXAC.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8