Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm a Year 1 teacher. They are beautiful but absolutely germy little sods who will just randomly hurl themselves at you for a hug or get up in your face because 'he looked at me' and the like.
We are educating them and they're doing good but they are spontaneous. While they might remember to cough into their elbow most of the time there are still many flying coughs and sneezes. I have elderly parents and a brother with chronic illness.
Atm it feels like we teachers and our families are just cannon fodder for the greater good.

I wish there was a sad Emoji on here but I understand fully your thoughts.

Just walked past Southport Centrelink. Lines down the street waiting for it to open.
I’ll give this six weeks till civil unrest in the absence of a treatment.
People are not going to stand idly by while they and there children’s futures are flushed down the drain.
For centuries we have been prioritising life including two world wars and that conversation is going to get louder by the minute, especially if the death toll doesn’t rise quickly.Even if it does the cries will get louder.

If they had put the elderly and infirm behind doors three months ago and thrown the kitchen sink at protecting them and forcing others to stay away when they knew this was coming and accepted a few young casualties as they accept car accidents and the thousands who smoke themselves to death on a legal substance this doesn’t happen.

It’s a treatment or civil unrest. There is too much pain for too many now and if people don’t think that the population won’t swing towards every man for himself they are deluding themselves.
Three friends of mine laid off their entire workforce today. One of their businesses is 80 years old and employs 25 people.

Btw if anyone interested my brother and mates daughter are fine. Recovering well.

Last edited:
Reading social media last night, there are numerous parents complaining that the schools aren't closing. To most it doesn't make any sense to close just about everything, have social distancing etc, yet schools remain open. I'm not a parent, but I fully agree.

And of course, then there are parents who are complaining that the kids will be bored and have nothing to do at home if they are forced to stay home. They don't seem happy that during what will be normal school hours they might actually have to be responsible for their own kids.

Therein lies the problem.
We are in this predicament because the public can't be trusted to self-isolate or respect government guidelines of social distancing.

In the main people are taking it seriously but as usual the minority f%^Ks it up for everyone else.

If the stories of some of the uni's are true, they even tried to circumvent the travel bans.

How many kids will be made to stay home by their parents?
How many kids will be made to do schoolwork by their parents?

My sons soccer coach sent out a message the other night about having an "unofficial" training for a season that we most likely won't have.

I don't know when/if I'll see my mum again as she's in a nursing home and I didn't visit her in the past few weeks to play it safe.

The one huge advantage we had was we are on the planet, if we'd taken a hardline stance 3 weeks ago by shutting our borders it wouldn't have come to this.
I'd hate to be any government right now because they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Susan, all I can say is this. Every medical authority in the world we hear of and every government is taking this damned seriously. It doesnt matter if we as people with limited knowledge about the issue, get our nose out of joint, and have an opinion contrary to those who are experts. The point is the World in general is taking this damned seriously.

I love watching football. I love watching cricket. But in reality these are just fun side entertainment in lives that have far more importance.

I understand the Premier is about to close restaurants, gyms, clubs and maybe schools, universities etc, which upsets my routine given I attend gym 3-4 times weekly and sit out front of a take away Turkish restaurant for an hour six days weekly indulging in their excellent coffee. I also wanted to see my nephew married in May in Melbourne, which I've had to cancel. But my personal desires are irrelevant for the benefit of the whole. And economically this could lead to recession. But the alternatives are far worse, whether we as back seat observers think so or not.
Recession ?You think? 800 metres long at 830 am Monday morning, first day of lockdown in a suburb with a population of 50000. . But this is primarily an elderly heath issue is t it.
Well it’s about to become a whole lot more
If you think the majority will cop this then think again Bear. I wonder how many of the bleeding heart brigade who thinks this is solely about saving eledrtly lives are in that little line.Thry have ****ed this entirely. The old should have been tucked away and protected three months ago and now everyone is shot to bits.

Attachments

• 6E1831E5-6D98-4D05-A5FA-E652701D06EA.jpeg
    6E1831E5-6D98-4D05-A5FA-E652701D06EA.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Just walked past Southport Centrelink. Lines down the street waiting for it to open.
I’ll give this six weeks till civil unrest in the absence of a treatment.
People are not going to stand idly by while they and there children’s futures are flushed down the drain.
For centuries we have been prioritising life including two world wars and that conversation is going to get louder by the minute, especially if the death toll doesn’t rise quickly.Even if it does the cries will get louder.

If they had put the elderly and infirm behind doors three months ago and thrown the kitchen sink at protecting them and forcing others to stay away when they knew this was coming and accepted a few young casualties as they accept car accidents and the thousands who smoke themselves to death on a legal substance this doesn’t happen.

It’s a treatment or civil unrest. There is too much pain for too many now and if people don’t think that the population won’t swing towards every man for himself they are deluding themselves.
Three friends of mine laid off their entire workforce today. One of their businesses is 80 years old and employs 25 people.

Btw if anyone interested my brother and mates daughter are fine. Recovering well.
As you know , I’m 110% behind you.

Im not only worried about my health , I’m worried about my 42 years of hard work being flushed down the toilet as a result, and what’s happening could well be the start of that.

If we die , well so be it but at least my grandkids would have the safety net we could provide.

Worrying times indeed.

Surely no-one is suggesting the apparently repressive communist regime in China has imposed lockdowns because they care more about their elder population than they care about the rest of their entire economy?

Surely no-one is suggesting the apparently repressive communist regime in China has imposed lockdowns because they care more about their elder population than they care about the rest of their entire economy?

Certainly not but it appears their measures have worked as it’s almost over there now ( we’ll do we hear wether that’s true or not who knows).

Getting back on topic for a bit ( yeah I know not easy) where does everyone think we sit as far as the game goes, are we done and dusted or is the proposed “ move to regional Queensland “ a serious consideration given the cost would be horrendous ( quite apart from having players agree to being away from the family for a considerable time).

Certainly not but it appears their measures have worked as it’s almost over there now ( we’ll do we hear wether that’s true or not who knows).

Yes hard to know. I assumed from the start that their harsh shutdown measures were specifically because stopping the virus was seen as vital for protection of their economy. China is certainly reputed to be obsessive about production (rather than about human rights for example?)

Getting back on topic for a bit ( yeah I know not easy) where does everyone think we sit as far as the game goes, are we done and dusted or is the proposed “ move to regional Queensland “ a serious consideration given the cost would be horrendous ( quite apart from having players agree to being away from the family for a considerable time).
Done and dusted, but don't listen to me, I didn't think they'd even make it this far!!

Yes hard to know. I assumed from the start that their harsh shutdown measures were specifically because stopping the virus was seen as vital for protection of their economy. China is certainly reputed to be obsessive about production (rather than about human rights for example?)
What does the motive have to do with it? It’s irrelevant.

If you want to debate the merits of capitalism v communism motive might be of passing interest.

What matters is what actually happened and what works and we had the chance to protect our elderly and vulnerable and give our economy a chance three months ago.

Surely the concept of moving the whole competition to say “ Gladstone “ is financially flawed, and whilst there is merit in the idea the costs would be prohibitive UNLESS all players agreed to take say a 10-15% drop on payments to compensate.

My opinion is we’ve had two weeks and that might be it, also might be it for our club as well as it’s almost impossible to see how we could be one of the ones to survive long term.

****ity ****ity ****

Surely the concept of moving the whole competition to say “ Gladstone “ is financially flawed, and whilst there is merit in the idea the costs would be prohibitive UNLESS all players agreed to take say a 10-15% drop on payments to compensate.

My opinion is we’ve had two weeks and that might be it, also might be it for our club as well as it’s almost impossible to see how we could be one of the ones to survive long term.

*ity ****ity *

I think our survival is tied to the competition overall. Ultimately we are an asset that has some value if the comp is to keep going - the Penns will need to balance off the potential future benefit v operating costs in the interim etc

I think our survival is tied to the competition overall. Ultimately we are an asset that has some value if the comp is to keep going - the Penns will need to balance off the potential future benefit v operating costs in the interim etc

The sea eagles are a small suburban family owned business operated out of rented premises. .. As such they are entitled to many many components of the Gov't bail out ...

Played correctly it could be our first year of profit ...

Ladies and gentlemen ... welcome to the beginning of The Great Depression II. Only this time it hasn't taken a stock market crash.

I'm a Year 1 teacher. They are beautiful but absolutely germy little sods who will just randomly hurl themselves at you for a hug or get up in your face because 'he looked at me' and the like.
We are educating them and they're doing good but they are spontaneous. While they might remember to cough into their elbow most of the time there are still many flying coughs and sneezes. I have elderly parents and a brother with chronic illness.
Atm it feels like we teachers and our families are just cannon fodder for the greater good.

No more than doctors nurses check out chicks and barristers, but with better holidays and a 6 hour day.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8