Corey Waddell signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Webi

Rookie
Ex-Panthers youngster signs 2 year deal with Manly. He plays in the second row.

Really excited to start my new journey at manlyseaeagles for the next 2 years! And I’m looking forward to the new opportunity
After being born and bred in Penrith and making mates for life at the club there’s no doubt I’ll miss it!
Bring on 2019

The above was copied from his instagram page.

190cm 105kg

An industrious back rower with a touch of class to cause opposition defences a headache.

The son of former Panthers front-rower Steve Waddell, Corey began his Panthers career as part of the NYC Premiership side in 2015 and tasted further success in 2017 with the Premiership and State Championship-winning ISP NSW side.

" Really excited to start my new journey at manly sea eagles for the next 2 years! And I’m looking forward to the new opportunity "

In this world there are wimps (quitters ) and there are champs (opportunity seekers )
This guy is a champ .!!! I love his sense of arrogance . This is the type of character that would thrive on adversity
This is the type of attitude that winning teams are made of . That is players that are focused on success on the field and nothing else
This guy clearly does no give a fck about all the crap that Trent dished out like no furniture , no up to date facilities etc .
This guy clearly does not give a fck about what happens in the front office because all he is focused on is an opportunity to do what he does best and that is to play good footy with the Manly Sea eagles .
Guys like this are what Real Life Rocky Stories are made of
I love the underdog tag for us next year . Especially with this guy on the field
untitled.png

At least he wants to be here. That's a positive I guess. That Parra guy wanted to renege someone said.

" Really excited to start my new journey at manly sea eagles for the next 2 years! And I’m looking forward to the new opportunity "

In this world there are wimps (quitters ) and there are champs (opportunity seekers )
This guy is a champ .!!! I love his sense of arrogance . This is the type of character that would thrive on adversity
This is the type of attitude that winning teams are made of . That is players that are focused on success on the field and nothing else
This guy clearly does no give a fck about all the crap that Trent dished out like no furniture , no up to date facilities etc .
This guy clearly does not give a fck about what happens in the front office because all he is focused on is an opportunity to do what he does best and that is to play good footy with the Manly Sea eagles .
Guys like this are what Real Life Rocky Stories are made of
I love the underdog tag for us next year . Especially with this guy on the field
View attachment 9819
In your 2nd paragraph Bozo, I thought you were going to launch into a bit of Toby Kieth's I love this bar.

Like what he said. If he takes that attitude on the field we'll be the winner...

Last edited:
I'd say that our 8-17 is now settled guys:

08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Honestly, one of the better forward rotations, and still overall very young.

08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Looks good.
Now, what about our backs who were our weakness this season?
Wingers? Anyone?

08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Why does Waddell walk straight into a bench spot ?? I'd suggest Amone has more claim to a spot, Are we automatically assuming he is better than Jetski and Frankenstein too ??

I hear what you are saying re Frankenstein - but my point was just because Manly have signed Waddell doesn't mean he is a lay down misere to be a gun, ready to roll straight into the NRL. Hopefully he is the goods, but just securing a contract is no indication of future ability

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8