Corey Waddell signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This guy comes with massive raps - Gus says he is the games next superstar backrower.
He looks a handy runner of the footy on youtube highlights TR....but find it hard to believe Gould would let the games next superstar
backrower who at 22, has not played NRL leave the club.
Certainly exciting to have potential guns coming to Manly, but Gus also raved about Barrett as the new Superstar coach !!

He looks a handy runner of the footy on youtube highlights TR....but find it hard to believe Gould would let the games next superstar
Certainly exciting to have potential guns coming to Manly, but Gus also raved about Barrett as the new Superstar coach !!
I think that was Terry’s point Maxta

I think he looks the goods as well . We should trust our judgement . The guy also signed knowing all the turmoil surrounding our club . These are the type of people we want to be part of our club . The people that want to be here . The people that believe in our club and are determined to be part our our success .
Gould has many young guns at the Panthers and as they say you cant keep them all .

he was stuck behind kikau and yeo though and they also let go haraweira i reckon they are probably pretty hamstrung as far as money goes having to upgrade guys and also looking to keep cleary.

he was stuck behind kikau and yeo though and they also let go haraweira i reckon they are probably pretty hamstrung as far as money goes having to upgrade guys and also looking to keep cleary.
Makes a lot of sense

Harawira has signed with the Dogs... but your point is still valid.

It’s an interesting one. With CHN gone you would assume if he was good enough there would be increased opportunity. Added if Gould rated him at all, would he let a 22 year old back rower in Waddell go to turn around and sign a 22 year old back rower in Fuimoano from the vermin?

It’s an interesting one. With CHN gone you would assume if he was good enough there would be increased opportunity. Added if Gould rated him at all, would he let a 22 year old back rower in Waddell go to turn around and sign a 22 year old back rower in Fuimoano from the vermin?
They can’t keep them all... just extended Cleary on a huge deal as well as a host of others.

If he does have a good work rate and is able to put in sufficient minutes , could be the type of back rower to compensate to some reasonable extent for the loss of Lane . Jesse Sene - Lefao spent a few seasons some years ago at Manly from the Panthers and gave some good value , ideally Waddell will be able to offer even a little more . Siro "s injury susceptibility remains a concern so really need some insurance for the back row . Certainly hope that he can go well , seems to have the right credentials .

Maybe it had nothing to do with Gus Gould.... the world, let alone Rugby League doesn't revolve around him. Maybe Waddell didn't want to be at Penrith. Gus doesn't forge players signatures. Players sign where they want. Maybe Gus is gutted that Waddell wanted to go somewhere else.... just a thought.

Maybe it had nothing to do with Gus Gould.... the world, let alone Rugby League doesn't revolve around him. Maybe Waddell didn't want to be at Penrith. Gus doesn't forge players signatures. Players sign where they want. Maybe Gus is gutted that Waddell wanted to go somewhere else.... just a thought.

Gus just tweeted this in relation to Waddell: He’s very close to John Cartwright at Manly. He was guaranteed a start in the NRL team and Corey felt it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Good kid. We wish him well.

Only the coach could promise this. Or Gorman (and it's not his place).

If Gould is correct, Cartwright is coach.

Gus just tweeted this in relation to Waddell: He’s very close to John Cartwright at Manly. He was guaranteed a start in the NRL team and Corey felt it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Good kid. We wish him well.

I would think that would mean a spot in the top 30 (the NRL team) ...... there is no single person in the world stupid enough to "promise" any body that they will be in the side.

I would think that would mean a spot in the top 30 (the NRL team) ...... there is no single person in the world stupid enough to "promise" any body that they will be in the side.
Wake up Punchie, you can't seriously believe that there is no one in our joint NOT stupid enough to promise that. I would suggest that based on recent history the evidence clearly points to us having multiple people stupid enough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8