Corey Allan to the dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another good signing.. do these guys know something about Barrett we do not? Money talks but nonetheless thats some good recruitment
Cotric fox allan all origin players. Plus hetherington and Flanagan.. Who will they sign next off season fmd

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210107-061917_Samsung Internet.jpg

They'll have some nice outside backs for Lachlan Lewis to link up with. He just needs to cut out the centres and hopefully has some go forward from someone?

I have a feeling there will be a lot around here that will be eating some humble pie within a couple of seasons. They’re building of the best sides in the comp, I don’t remember a team having a recruitment drive as good as this.

Allan is no doubt a solid signing
Cotric a very good addition
Im not sure these players will not look as good, or get the same opportunities given st South's and Canberra respectively
Flanagan got punted by Roosters quickly, who only want top shelf halves, so with it being his ability to organise or more his defensive lapses, time wil tell with him....but keep in mind this is the more key area, as without a fluent spine providing good service, no quality outside back will shine.
I like the Hetherington signing maybe the best....a tough intimidating forward who will add more respect to their middle, held together only by the rugged Josh Jackson in recent times.
Yes they should improve, but leadership and an improved spine are the key imo...time will tell

Be interesting to know their 3 rd party arrangements , for instance Cotric was apparently on a 700 k , maybe slightly more , per season deal , so hard to envisage The Fox just on 500 k , maybe the same with Allen , not up to their rating right now but would command some reasonable coin . Dogs did have quite a bit of cap money to recruit this season and next but again maybe some decent T P A 's are playing a part also .

Lets not forget the Dogs have been through hell in terms of sorting out their cap and have now only after years managed to get it in order and have a big war chest to spend.

If we strip our team bare and have 3-4 years of finishing in the bottom two or 3 then we too could have the sugar hit of a recruitment drive.

In terms of their recruitment..............I'm not as Impressed as most, looks more of taking the opportunities that they can at a high cost rather than really strategic.

That said they will improve, but I don't see them in the 8 next year.

Flanagan - Didn't really break through at the Sharks and was steady at the Roosters with Keary, Teddy, Cordner, Manu, Crichton etc etc around him. Struggle to see him dominating with Lewis, Marshall King etc and his creative supports......in fact wouldn't surprise me to see him follow Lewis career trajectory

Cotric - Good player on big money, will certainly improve them and offers great tackle busting ability but never really been able to lock in at centre as I'm not sure he has the slight of hand/vision/passing game. Thing more of him as a Mansour/Ferguson type. Wont be a game changer himself.

Hetherington - Firebrand, loves a big hit, loves a big suspension....reminds me of another Bulldogs big name prop signing in Dylan Napa, though the only difference is Napa was a SOO player. Couldn't lock down a spot at the Panthers. Jury out

Allan - I was surprised he had the season he did, to be honest I wasn't expecting it. Great runner, good speed. Does he have the playmaking abilities to support and inexperienced spine.

For mine in 2020 I see a spine with a lot of question marks and a team lacking leaders (bar Jackson).....9th-14th

Last edited:
Next year they will finish around 13/14th, 9/10th in 2022, and top 6 in 2023. I wouldn’t write off Flanagan. Had massive shoes to fill with high expectations for a young kid. He wasn’t that bad, just not a premiership winning half straight off the bat. He will improve over the next 2-3 years and be a genuinely good half.

I like the Allan signing. Again, he won’t win them a premiership on his own but a good versatile back with a lot of potential for improvement. I would have liked him at Manly; however, I’m very happy with the two wingers we picked up.

Last edited:
Gee we didn't finish much higher on the table than the dogs and they have recruited better than us (we would be cheering if we picked up a few of their signings). They also offloaded Foran/Tolman. Lets not caught up with the Barrett debate versus recruitment - they have done exctly what they need to do. We lose Turbo early we wil be battling with the Dogs at the bottom again.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Gee we didn't finish much higher on the table than the dogs and they have recruited better than us (we would be cheering if we picked up a few of their signings). They also offloaded Foran/Tolman. Lets not caught up with the Barrett debate versus recruitment - they have done exctly what they need to do. We lose Turbo early we wil be battling with the Dogs at the bottom again.

I mean if you are comparing our 2020 results then you could almost argue Turbo, Walker, Suli (for the most part) join Foran, Saab etc as new "recruits".

Ye but we had injuries every single game. We have a top 4 side easy with fainu.

JAC has gone there purely for money:

-he's already won 2 GFs at the Storm so his desire to win another won't be motivation for going there.

-he initially claimed he wanted to move to a Sydney based team for family reasons which (IMO) was nullified when he stated he wants to be fullback (i.e. on more money than at the Storm).

The dogs do appear to have recruited well but they've had to throw a lot of money at their recruits.

Also, having a team full of stars (or potential stars) doesn't immediately equate to success (see Brisbane's record-breaking 2020 season).

The proof will be in the pudding & I am interested in seeing their performance next year but I won't be laying any big bets on a massive improvement yet.

I mean if you are comparing our 2020 results then you could almost argue Turbo, Walker, Suli (for the most part) join Foran, Saab etc as new "recruits".
I've been really impressed by our recruitment targets and the length of their contracts. Confident we will have a great season. The squad is so much deeper than these past two seasons.

Who did Corey Allen play for?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4