Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cooper Johns will be a good backup half for us, but he will never really be anything else. I don't see him as a bench option either. Depending on injuries and who gets picked for Origin, he will probably only play 4-5 NRL games for us this season.

IMO he is a handy player but needs to bulk up for defensive purposes. He is a handy back up but not in the same class as Shuster.

Your are only as good as your last game and Cooper was good
The key to Success is consistency
looking forward to seeing how he goes this week

Last edited:
IMO he is a handy player but needs to bulk up for defensive purposes. He is a handy back up but not in the same class as Shuster.
Benji Rated the Shu as the best 5/8 NRL debut
and then Des tried to turn him into a back rower

Seibold will give the Shu stability at 5/8 to reinforce his enormous ability

We all acknowledged that Cooper went well at 5/8 in the reggie trial .. good on him.

But is anybody else as shiite scared of seeing him defend at halfback against Rorters?

He may be willing, and may have good technique ... but at 37kg wringing wet in his boots .. he has to be a target.

Never seen a footballer who appears to have less physical development. .. Dead set must call in sick on gym days.
have you seen the rosters half?

Happy for him that's he looked good and impressed in both of the trials now. Heard on the "bloke in a bar" podcast that he was thinking of leaving the sport for good before we gave him a lifeline. So must be a huge confidence boost after these two games. Will provide great backup and will get FG chances as DCE's cover for when he has origin duties.

Happy for him that's he looked good and impressed in both of the trials now. Heard on the "bloke in a bar" podcast that he was thinking of leaving the sport for good before we gave him a lifeline. So must be a huge confidence boost after these two games. Will provide great backup and will get FG chances as DCE's cover for when he has origin duties.
He could find himself in the halves more often, if the coach needs/decides to put Schuster in the back row.

Maybe the big difference between now and his stint at Melbourne is that he has been allowed to run the show at Manly. I think he was substituted off in the second half, and it showed. He was certainly steadying the ship in the last 10 minutes or so.

He is a good player, I like him. Let’s hope he can forge a solid 1st grade career at Manly.

Did not rate the signing at all initially but he has been a nice little surprise. Controls the game well, doesn’t overplay his hand and is good at setting up and getting the players around him involved.

Basically the complete opposite to what we’ve seen from DCE in recent seasons. Obviously DCE is the far more talented player but I fear we might notice a difference once he is back. Hopefully whilst watching these trials he is noticing the serious talent in the squad and realising the fact he doesn’t need to try to do everything. The crabbing around in circles and early kicks straight to the fullback, again aren’t going to cut it this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4