Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
4694C1E6-2E61-44D6-819D-6B1F774E442A.jpeg

Per Buzz Rothfield’s column today. Don’t mind this as a depth signing if the money is right.

Has looked alright when playing first grade at Melbourne.

“If the money is right”Silvertails favourite expression.The right money for him is for Johns to pay Manly to play.Like Kyle Flanagan,he is a stand and pass halfback.If the Storm don’t want him,what does that tell you?
Interesting. Who would you target as a depth signing in the halves?

Has looked alright when playing first grade at Melbourne.

Storm not interested in keeping him so not sure he is that good. I was more interested in this bit

SHOOSH

There is very strong mail that the Manly Sea Eagles recently sounded out Melbourne Storm’s general manager of football Frank Ponissi about the possibility of him returning home to Brookvale. A close mate of Des Hasler, he declined.

Would have been nice to have Frank home.

Interesting. Who would you target as a depth signing in the halves?
I’d trust the alleged pathways program the club raves about.There’s a distinct lack of quality halves in the game,let alone back ups.Only difference between the likes of Flanagan/Johns and the players currently at the club that could fill in,is that those two have actually played first grade,but not at a good standard.Adam Keighran is available

I actually think this would be a good depth signing. No world beater but solid and wouldn’t break the bank.

I know he wouldn't be that expensive, but surely with the cap issues we've had we would be better off using the youngsters we already have and giving them a go when needed. I don't really see the value in it. Put the money towards a better player rather than filling the squad with mediocrity
We have to fill a squad of 30 anyway, good insurance if the kids aren’t quite ready.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4