contract for 14yo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alan

Reserve Grader
read yesterday that Newcastle had signed a 14yo to a "contract"

How to you sign a 14yo to a contract.

Can a parent legalally liablise a 14yo by signing a contract.

Or does the media simply not know what a contract is? and too dull to ask if it is enforceable.

Good luck taking a 14yo to court for breach of contract.

I'm confused, do we have someone of a legal bent that could enlighten me. Thanks

pretty sure 14yo's work at maccas. I read one maccas was fined recently for making a 14yo work a double shift that finished at 2.am.................I think

Alan said:
read yesterday that Newcastle had signed a 14yo to a "contract"

How to you sign a 14yo to a contract.

Can a parent legalally liablise a 14yo by signing a contract.

Or does the media simply not know what a contract is? and too dull to ask if it is enforceable.

Good luck taking a 14yo to court for breach of contract.

I'm confused, do we have someone of a legal bent that could enlighten me. Thanks
Pretty sure both parties to the contract have to be over 18.

Hey guys this is common practise in UK (soccer) and US (gridiron, baseball). There have been some 15-16 year old baseball players here in Oz who have been swooped on by US colleges with contracts. Welcome to the World where kids as young as 12 can become big sporting property.

Bearfax said:
Hey guys this is common practise in UK (soccer) and US (gridiron, baseball). There have been some 15-16 year old baseball players here in Oz who have been swooped on by US colleges with contracts. Welcome to the World where kids as young as 12 can become big sporting property.

I played u/14's baseball with a Glenn Williams who signed a 1million + contract with the Atlanta Braves when he was 16.

My old man still thinks I had more natural talent than him:p

Guzzler said:
I played u/14's baseball with a Glenn Williams who signed a 1million + contract with the Atlanta Braves when he was 16.

What for? Hyperbole.

It may make my oldman feel better about himself

At 37 I'm still playing although much slower these days

37 is still young. There were at least three members of the Australian T-20 team older than that.
In baseball it doesn't matter if your fast balls are now slow balls, just as long as they can't be hit.

The Who said:
37 is still young. There were at least three members of the Australian T-20 team older than that.
In baseball it doesn't matter if your fast balls are now slow balls, just as long as they can't be hit.

Almost 10 years break from any sport due to disc dehydration and desiccation at L5/S1

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Guzzler said:
Bearfax said:

You must know the Thorne brothers then?

Garts said:
Guzzler said:
Bearfax said:

You must know the Thorne brothers then?

Can't say I do mate, Had many a beer since then so could be someone I bumped into but certainly were not in my team.

We played for Bankstown Sports Club if that changes things.

Interesting when you consider this is going on at the moment

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/02/barcelona-transfer-ban-fifa-fine

Bearfax said:

No doubt, but common practise does not make a legally enforceable contract.

I repeat, how do you make a 'contract" with a 14yo

Matt Hoy's mum was my 4th grade teacher at Allambie Hts- she let us watch the 78 GF replay in class. Hoyo went to Allambie Hts Public School as well, prior to them going back to Newcastle. This kid may be manly's if they had stayed, or maybe he wouldn't have been born, so idle speculation.

This gives me an idea. We should go back in time and sign up Gift when he was 14 and pay him $1 million. It would be outside the cap because he is not in the top 25.

My 11 year old may well be a kangaroo one day. It would be wise for the club to put him on some sort of retainer asap. I would be prepared to look after the funds while he is still a minor.

He's a current Australian schoolboy. He attends school regularly. I was a former Australian schoolboy, so a good pedigree there.

I accept full responsibility for the 17 preceding posts of red herrings, gibberish, balderdash, and nonsense.

I am no more knowledgeable about Australian contractual law, but far wiser for the experience.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8