Congratulations Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Obviously lots of controversy but at the end of the day the Raiders had plenty of chances and didn’t take them. The Roosters got 1 chance and took it. The Cronk call was pretty harsh as well so the controversy wasn’t all one way.

If I was a Raiders fan then yes I’d be filthy, but if I was a Roosters fan I’d be disappointed that the team’s performance isn’t getting the credit it deserves - so we’ll done Roosters.

They played well enough to win. Canberras left side attack was atrocious. Almost every time they went to croker and cotric they fooked it up apart from wighton. I reakon papali scores if cronk dosent hit early too. End of the day refs robbed canberra with the 2 shocking calls. Wighton kicks that ball or passes if he thinks it the last.

Obviously lots of controversy but at the end of the day the Raiders had plenty of chances and didn’t take them. The Roosters got 1 chance and took it. The Cronk call was pretty harsh as well so the controversy wasn’t all one way.

If I was a Raiders fan then yes I’d be filthy, but if I was a Roosters fan I’d be disappointed that the team’s performance isn’t getting the credit it deserves - so we’ll done Roosters.
hahahah, well at least we now all know why there is a 'mad' in madmarcus......

The refs decided this game, the change of call was a massive blunder and took the air out of the game and confidence in it.

Feels like the Roosters did not win fair and square. In their defence, the Roosters are not a dirty team (like the Storm) and generally play fairly. Raiders should have won last night though. Very good coaching by Ricky.

This is a gee up right??

I kept hearing "Easts have been the best team all season".
No. Melbourne was clearly the best team up until the finals.
Easts have the best roster money can buy. That's all.
I'm standing by for Easts to actually strengthen their roster next season. This latest premiership was too close for comfort.

I'm standing by for Easts to actually strengthen their roster next season. This latest premiership was too close for comfort.

Yep Uncle Nick has just increased his worth by 300 million ( fact) in his shareholding in AP Eagers, so money isn’t an issue.

He’d be whispering in his coaches ear had night saying “ **** me that was too close for comfort , I’ll tip in another 10 million next year to ensure our B2B2B is a little easier.

If anyone thinks that three in a row isn’t what they are aiming for then they need to think again.

3, then 4, then 5 who knows how far they’ll go!!

All either Origin or Test players(Aussies & non-Aussies) and on minimum wage as well, just to prove that players only join the rorters because they want to play with the best, be coached by the best and be the best player they can be, while taking unders for the privilege of playing for the jumper; yeah right!

Yep Uncle Nick has just increased his worth by 300 million ( fact) in his shareholding in AP Eagers, so money isn’t an issue.

He’d be whispering in his coaches ear had night saying “ **** me that was too close for comfort , I’ll tip in another 10 million next year to ensure our B2B2B is a little easier.

If anyone thinks that three in a row isn’t what they are aiming for then they need to think again.

3, then 4, then 5 who knows how far they’ll go!!
And as he always says,
The NRL is the best comp money can buy...

Agree 100%, they are losing over a million dollars in playing talent, Apparently, there are players ready to drop several hundreds of thousands of dollars a season to play there to fill the void.

Last edited:
A mate of mine ( Eagles supporter) just posted this on Facebook, it’s probably a pretty fair wrap up when you read it, not my words but he’s probably not far from wrong.

‪” My thoughts on the NRL #GrandFinal “controversy”.

I think Raiders should have been penalised for taking out the kickers legs prior to the trainer infringement, so no issue with Roosters getting the ensuing scrum feed.

My initial thought on the Cronk sin-binning was that the hit was simultaneous. Replays show it was a fraction of a second early which you see a handful of times every match, so 10 minutes in the bin is a very harsh penalty much like Jake Turbo’s sin-binning 2 weeks ago. Raiders got the rub on that one, and a significant rub at that.

Yes we all saw the 6 again call. Yes it affected the rest of that play. Yes Jack Wighton probably passes or kicks again if the initial call stayed as last tackle. Yes it sucks the refs impacted the game at a key moment. No that doesn’t mean Canberra definitely score if Wighton plays on. No it doesn’t negate the brilliant try the Roosters score moments later. That pass from Latrell was world class, and was finished off by the best player on the planet at the moment. No that one call didn’t cost the Raiders a premiership. Leilua not passing to an unmarked Rapana within metres of the try line had just as much impact on the final result.

In summation we all love to pile on to the refs when they stuff up and they did, so have at it. But the fight back from the Roosters to score that final try after defending for 10 minutes with a man down to win back to back premierships was impressive and should not be overlooked in favour of sensationalising one moment in an 80 minute match. Great game, I feel for the Raiders they were valiant in defeat, well done Roosters. GO MANLY IN 2020”

Cronk sin binning was 100% correct, he knew what he was doing and he stopped what would have been more than likely a try. Professional foul every day of the week, not even close to the harshness of Jakes call.

The trainer one was similar to how we got dudded a few years ago against the Dogs when the ball hit the ref - it's a **** rule, but it's the rule. Maybe the NRL should be looking at why trainers are on the filed so much directing play ??

The six again call was game changing, so many sliding door moments there. Yes great ball from Mitchell (only thing he did all night), but do they get that exact opportunity if the Raiders do something other than die with the ball because the ref changed their call ??

AFL is now the game we can now support in 2020. Just can't watch league when the currupt refereeing impacts all finals series. The GF was just the icing on top. West Coast Eagles please change your colours to maroon and white. Some things we just can't live without.

There was also a Roosters trip in there at 1 point that seemed to get swept under the carpet....seems Politis not only buys any player he wants, but also the officials, a sad day for Rugby league when these type of things decide a Premiership...conveniently the Roosters again....biggest scam since 2013.

Cronk sin binning was 100% correct, he knew what he was doing and he stopped what would have been more than likely a try. Professional foul every day of the week, not even close to the harshness of Jakes call.

Gee, I thought I was one eyed. Watch the Crock tackle again, he couldn't see when Papalii got the ball, his head was turned to make the tackle and he was utterly unsighted. Plus, he made the tackle. All this talk that it would have been a try is rubbish. Cronk had him covered.

It's as harsh as the Jake call. If not harsher. At least this was in play.

Any team that has Tekeaho coming off the bench does not have a salary cap.

NYEagle

I thought Leilua was the most costly player.
Failed to make the quick pass for the try and then was slow to get up after the legs tackle that led to the man overlap and try.

He had a hell of a game otherwise but he loses concentration at costly moments.

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4