Congratulations Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The ref howlers? I was watching the show on TV and thought 'Bloody hell, Raiders ripped off again', but as the dust settles I doubt the refereeing clangers were much worse that what we've seen regularly for most of the year. The serious level of angst and outrage is directly proportional to the number of neutral fans desperate to see the salary cap Roosters knocked off. That is as big a problem for the NRL as the referees, imo. (In other words, a massive problem)

Hard to not see the Roosters in the 2020 GF as well.

Cronk out Flanagan in, that’s a minus but the rest are the same plus whomever Uncle Nick poaches in the off Season.

That’s what I think too.

There’s no team out there that has improved their roster enough to beat them.

One thing I’ve found interesting while I was checking the prices for next year, 3 of the bookies have Brisbane between $19-$21 yet Ladbrokes have them at $11. What do Ladbrokes know that we don’t? Maybe they’ve got a big signing lined up and a clean out on the cards?

Until they find a good half, they’ll continue to struggle.

That’s what I think too.

There’s no team out there that has improved their roster enough to beat them.

One thing I’ve found interesting while I was checking the prices for next year, 3 of the bookies have Brisbane between $19-$21 yet Ladbrokes have them at $11. What do Ladbrokes know that we don’t? Maybe they’ve got a big signing lined up and a clean out on the cards?

Until they find a good half, they’ll continue to struggle.

Well as we know contracts mean nothing , Uncle Nick doesn’t need a1 / 13 but if he did you can bet he’d be offering the Turbo’s millions to come over, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he poached the next best halfback to replace Cronk.

Genuinely think some of these alleged journos really need some perspective.
Hooper: Trent Robinson is a modern day Jack Gibson.
Jack Gibson turned teams from nothing to something.
From the get go of his coaching career.
The Parramatta teams he put together were a mix of old blokes, young blokes and no names when he went there. Im not even bothering to mention the great roosters teams of 74/75.
Robinson has been handed a complete stamp collection.
I f*cking wish these idiots would do some REAL research...

Obviously lots of controversy but at the end of the day the Raiders had plenty of chances and didn’t take them. The Roosters got 1 chance and took it. The Cronk call was pretty harsh as well so the controversy wasn’t all one way.

If I was a Raiders fan then yes I’d be filthy, but if I was a Roosters fan I’d be disappointed that the team’s performance isn’t getting the credit it deserves - so we’ll done Roosters.

Hey MadMarcus, have you been in a coma? I'm not that forgiving, that's 2 GF's they have won from doggy decisions. Don't you remember a certain 2 metre forward pass that ripped us off? I question if the sombrero reaches to officialdom?

Cronk out Flanagan in, that’s a minus but the rest are the same plus whomever Uncle Nick poaches in the off Season.
Surely SBW will be back after winning the RWC ?? Of course his meagre salary of $120K will hardly cause a ripple under the sombrero

When you can buy a state of origin player and sit him on the bench nearly all season you know that something stinks with that.
When no other club can do that. A club with no juniors, no supporters, no demographic appeal to a sport like rugby league can dominate a supposedly fair and level salary cap system. It just fuking stinks. If a fish rots from the head then you know who starts the rot in nrl. He even looks like a bloated rotting fish.
Can someone explain to me the Roosters colors? I mean why Red, White & Blue? I would have thought Red, Amber, Yellow, Green, Blue & Violet would be more appropriate?

Genuinely think some of these alleged journos really need some perspective.
Hooper: Trent Robinson is a modern day Jack Gibson.
Jack Gibson turned teams from nothing to something.
From the get go of his coaching career.
The Parramatta teams he put together were a mix of old blokes, young blokes and no names when he went there. Im not even bothering to mention the great roosters teams of 74/75.
Robinson has been handed a complete stamp collection.
I f*cking wish these idiots would do some REAL research...
Bellamy and Robinson are pretenders , yes they have been successful in their comfort zone with external factors playing a big part in their success, but the only 2 super coaches at the moment are Des and Wayne, proven success at different clubs. Bellamy was a failure with NSW and vacated the role before damaging his record further. Robinson is no genius infact ordinary and predictable, that team would coach itself as long as the Sombrero is there to shelter them and the combined individual talents are there to get them through. They had a losing streak of 3-4 games this year, no super coach would let that happen especially with that team.

Last edited:
I cannot stomach the Trent Robinson genius garbage that is being trotted out. If ever a coach was a success due to the crop of players at his disposal, it is this guy. Sure, he is probably a fairly decent coach but there is no way he wins 3 competitions from 7 attempts with the Titans roster. In fact, I doubt he would be able to do it with any other roster in the competition.

Hey MadMarcus, have you been in a coma? I'm not that forgiving, that's 2 GF's they have won from doggy decisions. Don't you remember a certain 2 metre forward pass that ripped us off? I question if the sombrero reaches to officialdom?

Yep, still not over the gridiron pass and no penalties against the Roosters in 2013, but this one was different.

Canberra lost 1 opportunity attacking the Roosters line on the last but they had heaps of chances and couldn’t convert so I don’t know why people seem to think this one would have been different. I wanted Canberra to win but you could just feel that the Roosters had a try in them and Canberra’s inability to convert their dominance into points would cost them, and that’s what happened.

I thought the call at the start where the ball hit the trainer and the Roosters got another set of 6 was worse - as they had done the charge down I thought Canberra should have got the scrum feed (and why was the trainer there in the first place!).

The reffing was terrible but unfortunately that’s par for the course these days and I don’t believe it cost Canberra the game. I think the Roosters deserve credit for hanging in there and coming up with the goods and I think it’s a shame for all concerned that the reffing has overshadowed their performance.

I agree Mark. They have been there or there abouts in the final series for the last few years and havent had to offload many at all, where all the talk is about other teams, example the Raiders will lose or have to shred players to stay salary cap compliant but not certain teams. Its not a level playing field out there thats for sure, no way and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I hope V,Landys know,s whats in store for him. Good Luck

I agree Mark. They have been there or there abouts in the final series for the last few years and havent had to offload many at all, where all the talk is about other teams, example the Raiders will lose or have to shred players to stay salary cap compliant but not certain teams. Its not a level playing field out there thats for sure, no way and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I hope V,Landys know,s whats in store for him. Good Luck

Whilst ever the old boys club is in control I doubt we’ll see a change, even with a new Chairman.

Wether the new Chairman extends the CEO contract ( needs to be decided soon) will be telling.

The Faders' premiership 'window' is closing whilst Easts' don't need windows because they have air-conditioning.

It probably won't happen but after last night's game I imagine the number of people wanting to bring them down has hit a new high. Surely there is a limit to the corruption and/or incompetence at NRL HQ and hopefully we aren't too far off hitting bottom and then someone taking a broom through the entire organisation.
I'm still puzzled as to why the gummies still hold the pennant considering the salary cap cheating that year, what's the difference between them and the storm losing theirs?

I'm still puzzled as to why the gummies still hold the pennant considering the salary cap cheating that year, what's the difference between them and the storm losing theirs?

I certainly don't agree with it but Todd came out and said 'ah yeah, cronulla were over for all the years surrounding their premiership year, but were amazingly under for that year. Premiership stands.

Bald faced lie

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6