Congrats Super coach 300 Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wasn't he a Panther or something to begin as well??? I may be wrong.
Yep, started with the Panthers and finished with Wests (the Magpies, not the Tigers).

Back when he won us two premierships, I would have said that Des was, without a doubt, the best coach in the NRL. He knew how to build a team and how to have that team peak at the best possible time. Those teams were absolute juggernauts. Then he left us for Toddles Greenberg and a huge pile of cash. Sure, management can take a fair share of the blame, but the way he left tore the heart out of the playing group and the club. I don't think we've ever really recovered.

His first few seasons with the Dogs made it look like he was able to conjure up the same magic, even if they fell short of premiership wins. Then it all fell apart. And here we are with Des 2.0…

But we did beat Parra last year while they were in the top 4, if it matters, which it doesn’t really. Still pathetic from the club.

But we did beat Parra last year while they were in the top 4, if it matters, which it doesn’t really. Still pathetic from the club.

The measure has always been where they end up at the end of the year, not where they are at a given point in the season mate.

I have an enormous amount of respect for Dessie and all he has accomplished in the game and for Manly.

But the simple fact is he has had this team for 4 years ... and we are talking about a lack of structure both offensively and defensively ...

If they are not a well drilled unit by now ... with the ability for anyone in the 30 to slot in and do his job .... then I fear that another year ain't gonna make a difference ...

And Tom coming back will help .. but to a degree his talent covers over the shortcomings of our overall teamwork.

How long does Des have ??

Maybe we need to get a coach who has a bit of class, sticks up for his players and sticks it up the refs!

Image_14324.jpg

Who would you have replace him? Honest question. Keen to hear the solution focus here, not just the anti Des sentiment. Cheers
How about making Foz a player-coach? He surely has a better idea of structures than Des.

How about making Foz a player-coach? He surely has a better idea of structures than Des.
Ok great that’s one option. Last player coach was also a 6 I think with Wally at the Gold Coast went ok. Alright other suggestions?

Ok great that’s one option. Last player coach was also a 6 I think with Wally at the Gold Coast went ok. Alright other suggestions?
And if it were possible, I'd try and bring Gifty in to coach with Foz side-by-side. I understand he was apparently an important part of Des success during that golden period. Having Foz on the field and Gifty off, working together could be a wonderful synergy.

What's happened with Tooveys coaching ambitions? I'm not suggesting he replace Des given the way he got shafted. Just never seem to hear him discussed at all around the traps at any nrl club.

How can you bag Des, have a look at the team we have 2 novices , 2 completely useless defensively a part time fullback no genuine No9 and a forward pack with no heart, Can't drop any of them because the reserve grade side is just as abysmal..Im waiting for next year, waiting to see who replaces Foran, Walker, Davey and Tapau ...

How can you bag Des, have a look at the team we have 2 novices , 2 completely useless defensively a part time fullback no genuine No9 and a forward pack with no heart, Can't drop any of them because the reserve grade side is just as abysmal..Im waiting for next year, waiting to see who replaces Foran, Walker, Davey and Tapau …
Des is the one sticking with Garrick at fullback (could try Weekes/Koula), Croker at hooker (hasn’t signed anyone there except Lawton, who’s played back row anyway), and is naming the same soft forward pack every week while the likes of Paseka and Bullemor play for Blacktown. The players are not playing well but that’s not an excuse for Des, he’s failed with his team selections all season long.

Just wait until Tuesday where the only change will be Harper for Saab. Our reserve teams may be poor but the standouts like Bullemor, Weekes, Fulton should all be getting a go at this point in the season. Especially over guys like Marty, Walker and Davey who are leaving anyway - what do we have to gain from playing them now?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4