Conflict of Interest - Zorba

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Does anyone know whether what Zorba has bee part of, whether it contravenes any constitution from either of the 3 entities that he is a board member of.

I very much think that somewhere in the fine print that this is illegal.

Would love to know and if so, move him on........if not how, as members, can we move him on.......

Zorba is not our future....as shown he is an interferance and has his own personal agendas that I dont think are in the best interest of the Sea Eagles and its members. His relationship with Hasler and his media chronies is also a backward step.

My opinion, its eating at me.......

Frogz said:
Does anyone know whether what Zorba has bee part of, whether it contravenes any constitution from either of the 3 entities that he is a board member of.

I very much think that somewhere in the fine print that this is illegal.

Would love to know and if so, move him on........if not how, as members, can we move him on.......

Zorba is not our future....as shown he is an interferance and has his own personal agendas that I dont think are in the best interest of the Sea Eagles and its members. His relationship with Hasler and his media chronies is also a backward step.

My opinion, its eating at me.......

Me 2
Reilly was on all 3 boards but he represented the members who elected him.
Voted on as a member of the F/C (membership), director of the L/C board (membership) S/E board representing members.

Zorba all 3 boards F/C members L/C members. S/E Penn's private owners who want control.
There is the conflict.

Lets call an E G M and throw him of the F/C board. He does not represent us in our (members) best interest.

Sorry guys it's no different that when Bob was on their.

I think we need to move on. I don't like zorba but some this stuff is over the top.

Cameron said:
Sorry guys it's no different that when Bob was on their.

I think we need to move on. I don't like zorba but some this stuff is over the top.

I know we need to move on but how long will Perry last with zorba white anting him just for square up. It will happen. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

I'm not happy about the current situation but I can't see where what Zorba is doing is either illegal or even a conflict of interest.

Maybe its not illegal but there is a definite conflict of interest and he should resign from at least "one-side". A decision could be voted on by one board and he could vote against that decision at another meeting. He should have the courage to leave one side.

If you are a football club member you are entitled to run against him, or any other board member for that matter. It's a boys club at the moment because no one challenges any of the nominees.

If someone wants to have a decent crack and can prove their credentials then you'll get my vote.

Having no knowledge of Zorba's doings or the the club's inner secrets all the anti Zorba sentiment quite confuses me. I understand he's long in the tooth and that him and Des are mates which is not very popular with Manly fans. I also understand that some think, or maybe have evidence, that he's a leak to the media. Could someone please explain to the uninformed what you think Zorba's agenda is and why it's bad for this awesome club.

WAMF said:
ManlyBacker said:
I can't see where what Zorba is doing is even a conflict of interest.

Surely you jest, mate?

Zorba is voting for the Penns. He is being paid to represent them on the S/E board.
He is telling the members groups how to vote and who should be the members delegates on the S/E board.
Any one who does not think that there isn't a conflict there, they are kidding.

Exactly Kiwi, bring on the footy. I don't care for the pissing contest that occurs in the board room.

Bores me to tears, but plenty of people love of all this boardroom drama. Cambo's another who springs to mind who seems to love all this Boardroom banter.

How many reds you have for tonight's game Garts?

Lovefooty is correct about the conflict of interest, it could hardly be more obvious.
Nicci my guess is that part of Zorba's agenda is to get back at whoever he blames for not being kept on in his media role. I assume he blames Perry, who (from my distance) is more important to the club's future than Zorba's ego.
I also agree with kiwi and Dan and the others who are bored with the board stuff. Seeing it's out of my control I'll wait till we start losing before spending much energy worrying about all that.

Volley said:
Bores me to tears, but plenty of people love of all this boardroom drama. Cambo's another who springs to mind who seems to love all this Boardroom banter.

How many reds you have for tonight's game Garts?
Wrong mate I dont love it. Me and jatz had this discussion the other day. It's about putting the info out there. I guess if members of all factions didn't tell tales to the media none of us would be talking about it.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2