Conflict of Interest - Zorba

I know some are bored or disinterested but I will explain my thinking. Zorba is on the different board roles by be being appointed to them, contested or uncontested. As an individual that is his right. His role on the Leagues Club board does not influence MWSE as they no longer hold shares. His role on the Football Club board was obtained by standing unopposed and he does not hold a MWSE position from that entity. His appointment by Penn on the MWSE board is legal.

The intimation and the problem at the base of what you are all putting up is that the Penn faction and MWRLDFC have diametrically opposed aims where I would have thought that both would have the aim of making the Sea Eagles a successful club. I have already stated my opinion of his appointment by Penn. Has he attempted to hide his alignment with the Penns? I don't believe so. If he democratically holds positions on any board then that is the way it goes.

If you're not interested then why post? Don't open this thread up and you won't feel any angst or indifference.

ManlyBacker said:
If you're not interested then why post? Don't open this thread up and you won't feel any angst or indifference.

Well said stu it seems to be a crime here to care about our clubs long term
Future.

You get accused of loving the board room stuff

Anyone of you smartarses remember seasons 2000-2001????

lsz said:
Have to admit I am over it as well
You have a choice then dont you. Don't read it you smart Alec

Cameron said:
Sorry guys it's no different that when Bob was on their.

I think we need to move on. I don't like zorba but some this stuff is over the top.

Not wishing to drag this out any further but I'm guessing it is slightly different unless someone call tell me otherwise. Did Bob ever represent a different opinion on one board which was against the decision made by any of the other boards he was on? I'm guessing he would have been fairly consistent in that although I don't know for sure. The difference with Zorba is the that he will openly be making a decision as part of one board but having the opposite view when on another board. That's the conflict of interest I don't like.

Masked Eagle said:
The difference with Zorba is the that he will openly be making a decision as part of one board but having the opposite view when on another board. That's the conflict of interest I don't like.

It could be taken that way but could be seen this way: Zorba can push an agenda on the FC and lose out and then the FC representatives (Reilly and Williams) vote accordingly at MWSE on behalf of FC members. He is still entitled to his opinion on the FC board. Is there evidence that he has voted against Penn at the FC and reversed his opinion/vote on the SE board? It wouldn't be a conflict of interest, it would just be misleading of his true intentions.

Volley said:
Bores me to tears, but plenty of people love of all this boardroom drama. Cambo's another who springs to mind who seems to love all this Boardroom banter.

How many reds you have for tonight's game Garts?

1 beer and 3 reds. Was in Thailand for 3 weeks and only just returned, I missed my red as it was beer and cocktails for 3 weeks.

Well bore yourself on another thread...Noone making u read this...some people do have an interest in it

I read in hope that something will change but it is the same crap over and over

I do not feel in angst etc about these types of topics. However, I will state my opinion as I am entitled. I am not totally uninterested, as it is about Manly at the end of the day, however I just prefer the real action which takes place on the field. Where as many seem to only like the club politics and put forward their agendas and spin on things, over and over again. In saying that they are of course entitled to do so.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2