Concerts, Gigs, Bands, Music Festivals, Music Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dropkick Murphys @ Newcastle Workers last night was awesome - loud, energetic, great sound, great crowd, great gig!

ssar said:
Psyching up for Dropkick Murphys @ Newie this Fri night thanks to my mate SAS.
Sweeeeet.
It will involve beer.

ssar said:
Dropkick Murphys @ Newcastle Workers last night was awesome - loud, energetic, great sound, great crowd, great gig!

They are a great band!
Seen them a few years ago.
For anyone else to describe them is if you crossed The Dubliners with The Ramones a pretty close description.
The band chucks in a few traditional Irish songs with there own twist to it.

These guys are absolute sports nuts as well often performing Redsox's home ground and during the hockey season for the Bruins.
Also been known to front up for the New England MLS team and for the Union team. Have heard Boston 13's (the league team wants to get them involved).

Their St Patricks day shows are the stuff of legend and I'm hoping to make to one of them these days.

Went to my first gig at the Sydney Opera House on the weekend. Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell was all alone and stripped back in acoustic mode. Amazing voice, perfect sound and great venue to show off his talents. He didn't have a proper setlist and started off the gig by telling the audience that he's happy to take requests, so whenever there was a break between songs people would yell out a title and he'd start playing it. How good is that! Close to 2.5 hours of pure bliss.

Now for Soundgarden in 2012.

Went to Cold Chisel in Canberra last night, good show. 24 songs over 2 hours.

Couple of strange choices like Letter To Alan in the encore, and Yazuka Girl played acoustically???.

Best songs, Rising Sun, Hound Dog, Painted Doll, Shipping Steel, Bow River and the new All For You.

Would love to see them hoist the tired Choir Girl, Khe Sahn, Flame Trees and Cheap Wine from the setlist. They add very little to what is a very good show.

The same way as AC/DC have punted Jailbreak, Who Made Who, Long Way To The Top, or Dylan has barred Knockin on Heavens Doors and rarely plays The Times They Are... and Blowin In The Wind etc. Sometimes these older faves have run their course and become tiresome.

If you wanna listen to the greatest hits grab a cd and sit at home.

Rodo said:
Went to my first gig at the Sydney Opera House on the weekend. Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell was all alone and stripped back in acoustic mode. Amazing voice, perfect sound and great venue to show off his talents. He didn't have a proper setlist and started off the gig by telling the audience that he's happy to take requests, so whenever there was a break between songs people would yell out a title and he'd start playing it. How good is that! Close to 2.5 hours of pure bliss.

Now for Soundgarden in 2012.

Wow I really wanted to see this guy. What a talent. I saw Eddie Vedder and he got really pissed when people started yelling song names.

Reminds me of seeing the Oils about a zillion times and they use to get the wheel out with every song on it and punters could have a spin and they'd play what it landed on. Back when the Oil were really good pre-Diesel and Dust.

Going to Roger Waters: The Wall @ Acer Arena Sydney tonight.
Never seen him or Pink Floyd live, heard it's very, very good.
Lookin' forward to it!

Saw Roger last night - best show i have ever seen.

In the flesh to open was worth the price of admission alone.

Suggest anyone who has the slightest thought about going to find tickets for tonight, you wont be dissapointed.

I can agree with Fluffy, very good show, a bit different to what I was expecting, but it was an assault on the senses.

I still enjoyed myself even though I had to sit next to Fluffy, but he may make a similar comment about sitting next to me. :p :D :p

Didnt really notice you most of the time exept in the second half when you were floating around over the crowd

Saw Incubus a few weeks back. They are great live. Some of their new stuff is not the best but they played plenty of old stuff and finished off with A Certain Shade of Green. One of my favourites.

Hell Down Under: Steve "Grim Reaper" Grimmet touring Mar2012

Hell Down Under: Live in Australia March 2012 - Steve "Grim Reaper" Grimmet (fr. Onslaught, Grim Reaper, Lionsheart, Empires Of Eden)!
With special guests Darker Half, Taberah & Dragonsclaw supporting..
- Thur 8 Mar The Cabbage Patch Hotel Wollongong
- Fri 9 Mar The Basement Canberra
- Sat 10 Mar The Sando Sydney.

Site: http://www.helldownunder.com/

Moshtix: http://www.moshtix.c...?s=0&q=grimmett

Steve Grimmett: http://steve-grimmett.co.uk/

Empires Of Eden: http://www.empiresofeden.com/

Youtube: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1ukZRWmJQ[/youtube]

"For the first time, Steve Grimmett will appear live on stage in Australia during March 2012.
As one of the leading voices of 80's heavy metal Steve's body of work is breathtaking, as lead vocalist for Grim Reaper, Lionsheart, Onslaught, Empires of Eden and touring internationally with his Steve Grimmett band.
The material performed will cover his entire career.
Along with Steve is a band selected from the crème of Australian heavy metal talent featuring members from Paindivision, Ex-Dungeon, Empires of Eden, Dragonsclaw and The Amenta.
Special guests will include the rising stars of Australian heavy metal Darker Half, Tasmanian power metallers Taberah and Sydney Based Dragonsclaw."

Bring it! \m/

Anyone else reckon its more than a coincidence that Kurt Cobain shot himself just 1 month after Justin Bieber was born.

Fruit for thought.

Steve "The Grim Reaper" Grimmett in Sydney tonight - Get down to The Sando in Newtown for Metal Hell! \m/

http://www.helldownunder.com/

Couple of great albums out by old favorites.

The new Bruce Springsteen Wrecking Ball is his best work in 25 years, and that is saying something because he has put out some great stuff post Born in the USA.

The new Chisel album could be their bet ever record, to these old ears anyway. Maybe it lacks a truly great song but there are 13 really good quality tracks on No Plans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4