Concerts, Gigs, Bands, Music Festivals, Music Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just got back from Kasabian.

Killer band, killer tunes but the effort from the sound desk was sh1te.
All reverb & boom. It sounded like a CD in a nightclub. There's no point for the band to be up there belting their arses off if that's what is being presented.

I saw Them Crooked Vultures at the Hordern 6 months ago & it was mind blowing, so you can't blame the sound system.

Any thoughts?

Duff link said:
I saw Them Crooked Vultures at the Hordern 6 months ago & it was mind blowing, so you can't blame the sound system.

Any thoughts?

Did you see the Wolfman at the TCV gig?  He was standing not far away from me and looked like he was enjoying himself.  Yeah that was a great, tight gig.  Just to see the legendary John Paul Jones alone was amazing.  He can still rock out with the young-ens!

Rodo link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182683.msg277994#msg277994 date=1279991768]

Any thoughts?

Did you see the Wolfman at the TCV gig?  He was standing not far away from me and looked like he was enjoying himself.  Yeah that was a great, tight gig.  Just to see the legendary John Paul Jones alone was amazing.  He can still rock out with the young-ens!
[/quote]

It's funny you say that Rodo as I could've sworn I saw him at Kasabian. Not 100% sure. I didn't see him at TCV though.

Mate, I'm a bass player so seeing JPJ live is the most religeous experience I've ever had, along with seeing McCartney. I didn't get to see Entwistle before he died, but like Meatloaf said.........., something about a bat, I think.

From elsewhere:

"Wow.

That Was Just Your Life
Fuel
Disposable Heroes
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
I Disappear
Sad But True
Turn The Page
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc.
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- – - – - – - -
Last Caress
Trapped Under Ice
Seek and Destroy

One of the greatest setlists I have ever seen"

THAT just freakin' rocked last night.
I was pretty trashed and really getting into the headbanging, moshing, singing and rockin' with those around us – I had little idea of the exact order – thought Trapped Under Ice was a few songs earlier.
Switch out Fuel, I Disappear and All Nightmare Long for Harvester, Battery & Fade, AND add Creep as a surprise impro. final track in a second encore and it would have been perfect.
Of course, it just kicked ass regardless!

The highlights were Thingy and Sanitarium.. OH man The Thing That Should Not Be absolutely went OFF!
And then later Damage as we as Trapped Under Ice!
So stoked to see them kick Trapped Under Ice live!!

Six Puppetz tracks all up in one 2010 show! Just awesome.
Stoked.

\m/

Does it get any bigger than Muse coming to Oz? Some songs of theirs don't work for me but others are terrific and their work has anthems for a generation.

Powderfinger, live at the Brisbane Riverstage at one of their last 3 concerts...pretty happy about that and a "part of history".

Like Jethro, doing the Eagles as well...have seen them twice before but they are superb in concert, such artists, close your eyes and almost as good as the CD.

For those interested, during Metallica's World Magnetic Tour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Magnetic_Tour

Here are the setlists for all of thier Sydney shows:

---

Sydney Show #1 – Saturday 18th Sept:

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
Fuel
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- – - – - – - -
Breadfan
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

---

Sydney Show #2 – Wedenesday 10th Nov:

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Through The Never
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Wherever I May Roam
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- – - – - – - -
Am I Evil?
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

---

Sydney Show #3 – Thursday 11th Nov:

That Was Just Your Life
Cyanide
Creeping Death
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
The Memory Remains
No Remorse
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
Orion
One
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- – - – - – - -
Stone Cold Crazy
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy

---

Sydney Show #4 – Saturday 13th Nov:

That Was Just Your Life
Fuel
Disposable Heroes
The Thing That Should Not Be
Leper Messiah
I Disappear
Sad But True
Turn The Page
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc.
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- – - – - – - -
Last Caress
Trapped Under Ice
Seek and Destroy

---

I went to Sydney Show #4 and it ABSOLUTELY WENT OFF.
\m/

Went and seen Metallica a few weeks ago when they played in Brisbane and it was one of the best concert's I've been to (been to a few).
The best concert I've ever been to was Iron Maiden - Flight 666 tour a few years ago

Got Ticket's to go see Tool!

Anyone got any blog/site with pics from Metallica's Sydney Show #4 – Saturday 13th Nov please?

Have found quite a few vids from it on Youtube, some of them really kick ass!

Saved most of the official pics from it I can find at the various metallica sites, any others from fans would be appreciated, PM me even if poss.

\m/

Ssar, was at the same show & have to agree it was incredible. I'm not a m huge Metallica fan & I think that the set list could've been better but the execution of the act as a whole was brilliant.

Lamb of God tore it up as well, was stoked to see them live, especially after the abortion of a band that opened.

Only downer for me was the mosh. By far the sissiest pit I've ever seen at a metal concert. The 'circle pit' was so poor it would've made Rob Flynn weep.

Went to Linkin Park last night in Brisbane, awesome concert.
The Art opened (crap), other states get Dead Letter Circus as openers, much would have preferred them!

blitzkrieg link said:
Went to Linkin Park last night in Brisbane, awesome concert.
The Art opened (crap), other states get Dead Letter Circus as openers, much would have preferred them!

I seen them a few years ago and they were prety good (LP).
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden's and Audioslave's lead singer opened for them) and stole the show performing with Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother - Hungerstrike (A song that Chris and the drummer from Soundgarden performed with member's of Pearl Jam for a grunge super group)

I just bought tickets to the West Coast Blues and Roots festival in Fremantle, April 2011
Bob Dylan is headlining so that should be awesome to see such a legend. Also on the night, Elvis Costello and the Impostors, Eddie Vedder solo (heard chuggie confirm this the other day), The Cat Empire, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Blind Boys of Alabama with Aaron Neville + heaps more.

I wonder if Bob Dylan is doing any other gigs other than in WA and Byron Bay?

Yes they are Gronk, the mrs and I saw them live for the first time last Boxing day, in Bali of all places, at a mega beach party. They were awesome and come to think of it, what a great night it was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4